[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer & Microbrew thread

keggerz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This year's Great Lakes Christmas Ale draft - great, bottle - bad

Had an Oktoberfest from a new brewery for me, Blue Point Brewing Long Island, very good.

Have a couple IPAs from another new one, Deschutes in Bend OR, called Pinedrops.

Being an old school simple beer drinker I've usually drank straight from the bottle. The other night I tried one of those GL Christmas ales poured into a tall glass first, and let it sit a few minutes. Much better.

Was out at Fat Head's on the weekend with some friends, tried the Bumble Berry Ale after my friends kept telling me how good it is and not a lot of fruity taste. I liked it and will probably buy some from the store soon. Most of us were losing track of what we tried and how many we drank. 3 of our group of about 10 had growlers refilled. Need to give that a try. Since I tried and liked the Trail Head Pale Ale I picked up a 6pk while at the store yesterday. Glad to see a few more flavors from Fat Heads on the store shelf (usually just Bumble Berry Head Hunter IPA). Finding that the less hoppy/bitter PAs are usually more to me liking than IPAs.

Also bought a couple from Brooklyn brewery, their lager was ok and I'll see how the Oktoberfest is then try some others (love the build your own 6pk for $11).

I love Fat Head's. Hop JuJu is being released Feb. 11th at 5 at the Tap House. Gold Medal winning Double IPA...probably more hoppy than you would like but such a great beer.

I bought a 22oz bomber of The Butcher & the Brewer's Big Belgo Bourbon Poppa, 10.7% Belgian-Russian Style Imperial Stout that spent 4 months in Old Forester Bourbon barrels. $14.99/bottle. Going to take it with me to Indy when I go in April to share with my Hot Wheels collecting buddies that also like good beer.

So after Peyton dropped the kiss wife/kids and drink Bud comment, all I could think was really? You make millions and yet drink that POS beer? :shocking::yuk:

My wife calls me a beer snob, but we all had that thought right?

• Like 1

So after Peyton dropped the kiss wife/kids and drink Bud comment, all I could think was really? You make millions and yet drink that POS beer? :shocking::yuk:

My wife calls me a beer snob, but we all had that thought right?

yes, my wife said the same....does he really drink Bud?

Bud is also a major sponsor of the NFL, might be Bud Lite. I was more surprised that he said twice (first on field to Tracy Wolfson then on the trophy podium to Nantz) "Gonna drink a lot of Buds". Really a lot, not just a few or simply "gonna have some Budweisers to celebrate."

If he drinks Bud that's fine, I used to be shunned by my beer snob friends for drinking nothing but simple lagers(first Labbatt, then Yuengling), as well as by my Bud swilling friend about Heineken being "nasty skunk water". Now I probably drink as much pale ale and IPA as plain lagers, but still not a fan of porters and stouts. I don't judge people by what beer they drink, food they eat, or their possessions.

What is up with Ballast Point and their flavored IPAs?

Orange Vanilla Fathom?

Watermelon Dorado?

I do like their Grapefruit Sculpin and would like to try the Pineapple. Fan of the Habanero Sculpin too.

So I'll be attending this on Saturday...

February 20th at the Winking Lizard Party Center- Bedford Hts. $45 per person ($40 for 2016 Beer Tourists). Join us for a sampling of beers aged in a variety of barrels- oak, whiskey, wine and more! Includes 12 samples of various barrel aged beers and an appetizer/sandwich buffet.

The list includes:
Revolution Deth’s Tar
Thirsty Dog Knob Creek Barrel Aged Siberian Night with Cherries
BFM Abbaye St. Bon Chien 2013
Lagunitas High Westified Imperial Coffee Stout
Green Flash Oculus Sauvage Wine Barrel Aged Belgian IPA
Ballast Point Elijah Craig Barrel Aged Victory at Sea
Brooklyn Black Ops
Brooklyn Black Ops 2013
Thirsty Dog Siberian Night Knob Creek barrel
Green Flash Oculus Sauvage
Heavy Seas 20 Year Storm