[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stand by for "DeflationGate"

tazinib1

Probably much ado about nothing but the refs did remove a game ball which got sent to NY after the game. The Colts were manhandled on both sides of the ball so I hope Colt Nation doesn't use this as an excuse cause, well, that's laughable. But if true, loss of draft picks is an almost certainty.

If it is true, then it would be the second time the Patriots got caught cheating. That's a bigger issue then draft picks.

• Like 3

Brady could have used a TENNIS ball against the colts defense and won, I dislike Brady and Beli-cheat just like the rest of the cosmos but easy fellas, two entirely different teams. The colts are in their infancy and well the Pats are kinda in their 30's to be honest, the now vs the future.

Edited by IrishPride

The balls were cold, wet and game-used. I seriously doubt they find any results significant enough to make a determination. Pats haters may as well shelve their tin foil hats now, nothing will come if this.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

The balls were cold, wet and game-used.

Sounds like a fun, eventful night!

• Like 3

The Patriots won the game cause the Colts couldn't stop a 90-year old grandma on her walker inching her way through the O-line - well, that and their WR's were shut down. Colts had no business being in that game to begin with - sucks they were one game away from the SB - but the team isn't ready yet. Give it a few more years.

With that - I think to say the Pats won due to the lack of air in the ball - ha! That's funny. But.. I would LOVE to see the Pats lose yet another draft pick due to cheating. :)

Edited by Shorttynaz

I've never bought into the spygate crap and New England bashing but if there is any validity to this I have to admit I may start viewing them in a different light. There comes a point where you can't just keep dismissing the allegations

Spygate wasn't allegations, they did video the Rams walk thru. Whether it really gave them an advantage or not it was underhanded, against the rules and all the teams were warned against the practice before the season.

The only thing deflated in that game was the Colts pride. They were blown so far off the ball on every play that Blount was stopping and starting like Barry Sanders and still getting 8 yards a clip. At one point he stopped, did his taxes, then started running again and gained 18 yards. Give the Pats their due, they took the Colts to the woodshed

• Like 4

Spygate wasn't allegations, they did video the Rams walk thru. Whether it really gave them an advantage or not it was underhanded, against the rules and all the teams were warned against the practice before the season.

I understand that, but it's also been said by many that they weren't the only team to do it that's why I've never discounted their accomplishments. And I by no means think this ball deflating incident had anything to do with the outcome of yesterdays game. But if there is any validity to this it is a petty thing to do and I may begin to lose respect for the Pats

I continue to lose more and more respect for a guy that should go down as one of, if not the best, coaches ever. It's a shame really.

As I said in another discussion about this today

weird formations to take advantage of little known knowledge of the rules = strategy

messing around with game equipment = cheating

PS If nothing comes of it, could it be because the NFL doesn't want something to come of it?

Whatever was or wasn't done to the game balls had little affect on the games, Pats were the much better team yesterday.

As I said in another discussion about this today

weird formations to take advantage of little known knowledge of the rules = strategy

messing around with game equipment = cheating

Yes.......and? :thinking:

According to anybody else than Marshall Faulk?

I'll simplify

those weird formations, perfectly legal and just strategy

messing with the balls (if true) is cheating

OK - your initial post just seemed slightly sarcastic/mocking, almost like you were trying to make fun of the general public's opinion on the two situations - that's why I was a little confused. I agree with what you said.

Edited by bud29