[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

other random 2015 NFL player movement

stevegrab

Didn't want to start a new thread for one player, so I started a general one, feel free to post other less important players here that may not warrant discussion.

Buster Skrine (Browns CB) has signed a deal with the Jets (4yr/$25M)

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/buster_skrine_signs_with_new_y.html

May or may not impact the Jets attempts to sign Revis.

Browns now have a hole to fill at CB, last year's rookie pick Justin GIlbert hasn't panned out yet. I suppose they could go with somebody else, but they were pretty bad when they had their 3/4 deep CB on the field.

Rumor has it the Dolphins are signing Jordan Cameron as Charles Clay's replacement. Until Cameron gets concussed signing his contract - then they're going to be looking for Cameron's replacement.

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Rumor has it the Dolphins are signing Jordan Cameron as Charles Clay's replacement. Until Cameron gets concussed signing his contract - then they're going to be looking for Cameron's replacement.

Any contract for him needs to be heavily incentivised, particularly with respect to games played, and some production milestones. Very little gauranteed, including any one time bonus.

He's had one good year out of 4 when he racked up over half his career stats (80 rec, 917 yds, 7 TD), that was 2013 the same year that Gordon led the league in rec yards. Outside that he's had 50,683,3, or about 17,230,1 each year playing about 10 games a year. Last year he only caught half his targets vs 2013 when he caught a whopping 68%.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CameJo00.htm

These are good moves for the team. Good players with a team agenda first. Rolle is the first safety they're going to line up who knows how to play both the run and the pass since they had Mike Brown.

Royal creates space and although the fantasy pundits would voice against his skill, he makes an offense versatile wherever he's gone.

Saw some mention in the Suh thread but figured more discussion can go here instead of there...

TE Jordan Cameron signs with the Dolphins. Many Browns fans are pissed because it was previously announced that he had signed with the Browns, turns out he had a verbal agreement with the Browns but the Dolphins snuck in and made him an offer he signed. Pretty much confirms that players don't have much interest in playing for the team, especially those who've been around to experience the mess that they are at times. (Textgate, Kyle leaving, forced Manziel starting, poor draft picks, Haslam scandal, ......)

http://deadspin.com/how-jordan-cameron-used-the-nfl-media-1691244256

Even the usually reliable Adam Schefter was duped this time. Wonder how many reporters are pissed with that leak (from the agent presumably).

From what I heard on the news, the Dolphins offer was virtually identical to the Browns, so not sure how much better it really was. Oh well, didn't expect him back and hadn't heard the incorrece "Camerson signed with the Browns" news so I wasn't really upset when I heard he signed with the Dolphins.

From what I heard on the news, the Dolphins offer was virtually identical to the Browns, so not sure how much better it really was. Oh well, didn't expect him back and hadn't heard the incorrece "Camerson signed with the Browns" news so I wasn't really upset when I heard he signed with the Dolphins.

Offers from Florida based teams don't have to be much better, there is no State Income Tax, so they just take home more.

Offers from Florida based teams don't have to be much better, there is no State Income Tax, so they just take home more.

It was a major deciding factor when assessing a transfer offer...that and no snow

• Like 1

I keep forgetting about that. Plus the weather is better than CLE which I know is a big deal to some people.

Rams sign Nick Fairley - wanted to see him come to the Colts - there were rumors a week or so ago that they were offering double what anyone else was. Glad they didn't overpay - but wanted to see a difference maker added up front.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/rams/2015/03/13/nick-fairley-st-louis-free-agency/70272028/

Terrance Knighton to Washington on a 1 year $4M deal. Can't believe Indy couldn't have done better than this.. At least he would have had something to play for this year other than a new contract with a new team next year..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12470957/terrance-knighton-washington-redskins-one-year-4-million-deal

Stills traded for Ellerbe and a 3rd - Link

Spiller also agrees with the Saints, effectively killing Ingrams value even more - Link

I don't understand why the Saints parted with Stills especially after trading Jimmy Graham. :wacko:

Stills is only 22, and he took a big step forward last season.

Edited by Wolverines Fan