[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Food and Beverage

RC94

I had some pulled pork in NC with the vinegar based sauce, didn't care for it. The BBQ chicken the caterer prepared was better. I've gotten used to the plain dry rub cooked style of the local Old Carolina BBQ (small NE Ohio chain). Their pulled pork, ribs, and brisket are all good.

I don't eat enough of these meats, or entertain much, or do that much cooking from scratch to do any of this stuff. But I do love eating it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a new grill basket and would like to make a run at grilling fish. Ive never attempted this before. I would like to grill fillets instead of whole fish and we don't like "fishy fish",.. Salmon isn't happening here. Have any of u had good results? Which fish worked best for you? Med high and a few minutes on each side? Help?

i have not needed baskets when grilling fish. the oilier ones and "steaks" are best on the grill:

swordfish

halibut

bass

salmon

tuna

some shellfish also work well....

scallops

shrimp

lobster

calamari steaks

the key is to spray the grill and coat the fish well with oil or butter. make sure the grill is pretty hot. it will release much easier that way.

:brew:

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The wife read WheatBelly, went on a new diet (beyonddiet.com) and dropped 30lbs & has kept it off for about a year now. She feels better & is happier, so it seems to work for her.

My diet is still mostly birdcowpig, beer & pretzels. She can take the wheat out of meals but my pretzels are sacred ground. Anyone else's SO drink that :tinfoilhat: kool aid ?

• 1 month later...

If you have any favorite slow-cooker or casserole recipes, I'd love 'em!

With a 4-month old, full time job, and school, just don't have the time or energy to cook more involved meals I'm used to

Exceptional, and a favorite in our house:

Crockpot Cashew Chicken

Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders

1/4 cup all purpose flour

1/2 tsp black pepper

1 Tbsp canola oil

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar

2 Tbsp ketchup

1 Tbsp brown sugar

1 garlic clove, minced

1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

1/2 cup cashews

Directions:

Combine flour and pepper in large Ziploc bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.

Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings. If you want like sauce and want to have some to pour over the chicken and the rice, double the sauce ingredients