[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joseph Randle

All this hype of Dallas having the best OL in the NFL and they can plug and play any RB and succeed is tiring. First of all, the best OL goes to the Ravens. I'm not sure why so many people discount keeping the QB off his back when rating, but I guess "America's Team" hyperbole plays a big part. Secondly, Randle nor McFadden are DeMarco Murray. Not even close. So stop all this nonsense. They will have a successful running game no doubt, but to think they will even come close to last year is laughable. So take off the goggles...it's embarrassing.

The other thing is that the Cowboys were quite fortunate with injuries on the O-line last year. All you need is Tyron Smith to go down then the line will need shifting round and things won't look so rosy.

• Like 1

Here is another way to look at it. Do you know who had the overall #4 OL last year? Run blocking and pass protection combined? The Cleveland Browns. Who was the RB again? Yeah that's what I thought. You just can't plug and play any RB and expect success. Murray is talented and should post great numbers in Philly (who btw rank #5). It was a combination of ELITE talent and ELITE OL. But I'm sure the homers will come back and try to anoint McFadden and Randle as the chosen ones lol.

• Like 1

The other thing is that the Cowboys were quite fortunate with injuries on the O-line last year. All you need is Tyron Smith to go down then the line will need shifting round and things won't look so rosy.

Yep. A couple injuries blows the whole line up. Not to mention Romo's back. This is not the same depth at OL that the Boys had during the SB days of Emmit. Not even close

Edited by tazinib1

Here is another way to look at it. Do you know who had the overall #4 OL last year? Run blocking and pass protection combined? The Cleveland Browns. Who was the RB again? Yeah that's what I thought. You just can't plug and play any RB and expect success. Murray is talented and should post great numbers in Philly (who btw rank #5). It was a combination of ELITE talent and ELITE OL. But I'm sure the homers will come back and try to anoint McFadden and Randle as the chosen ones lol.

Comparing RB production while comparing the Browns and the Cowboys is a wee-bit of a stretch. Of course the Cowboys' RBs will have more success, even though both had strong O-lines, the Cowboys have Romo and a way better bunch of WRs and TE. Not close, which is why Randle, Dunbar, DMC will collectively have great success this year. And I just happen to think Randle goes bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Comparing RB production while comparing the Browns and the Cowboys is a wee-bit of a stretch. Of course the Cowboys' RBs will have more success, even though both had strong O-lines, the Cowboys have Romo and a way better bunch of WRs and TE. Not close, which is why Randle, Dunbar, DMC will collectively have great success this year. And I just happen to think Randle goes bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Make sure you back that up in the draft otherwise I call hogwash.

A month ago Randall was going in the 5th/6th rounds...with Williams being released and McFadden 'ailing' it would appear you'll have to pay a 3rd round price to find out now.

Didn't have much of a choice in a high stakes RTS 12 man league last night, as rbs were flying off the board. Took him as my second behind Lynch at the 3.11 spot. Had buyers remorse the second I made the pick. It was him or stuck with Ivory as my no.2 back. Felt dirty.

Edited by heehawks

The CLE RB were

Ben Tate (free agent HOU) - 106 rushes, 333 yards (3.1av)

Terrance West (rookie) - 176 rushes, 673 yards (3.9av)

Isaiah Crowell (rookie) - 148 rushes, 607 yards (4.1av)

total 1600+ yards on 430 carries, for comparison Murray had 1845yds on 392 carries (4.7 av). Yep better talent at RB, better QB, and better receiving threats.

Tate never panned out played in 8 games (6 starts) before being cut then a played for MIN & PIT.

They've got another rookie for this year, 3rd round pick Duke Johnson who continues to nurse a bad hammy.

I agree with you, I think the Cowboys are going to miss Murray a lot. That line was good, but needed a true talent to take advantage, and McFadden isn't it, not sure if we know about Randle yet.

A month ago Randall was going in the 5th/6th rounds...with Williams being released and McFadden 'ailing' it would appear you'll have to pay a 3rd round price to find out now.

The upside is clearly there but I was skittish with him being a 5/6th rounder so there's no chance in round 3. Chances are Ill either be spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong.

He's like this year's Cordarelle Patterson in that he completely polarizes people's opinions pre-season.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie

Yep. A couple injuries blows the whole line up. Not to mention Romo's back. This is not the same depth at OL that the Boys had during the SB days of Emmit. Not even close

You can say that about any line in football . Didnt Dallas steal that kid from LSU ? I assume if he fits the billing he is decent depth. I wont act like I didnt like Murray just because he isnt on our team anymore. He was a hard runner. He didnt sniff the num,bers from last year until Dallas put that line together. I dont think Randle is Murray but whatever committee they put together will have big holes to run through and should do what we need them to do to open up the passing game and take the pressure off of Romo. Plus Murrays fumble against GB sucked donkey nuts. It was a bigger play than Dez catch that wasnt a catch .

The Cowboys had cap issues and had to sign Dez. Jerry of all people would have loved to make a splash and snag a big named back but he couldnt. We have to rely on our O line and hope the committee does what is needed. I think they can .

The Cowboys had cap issues and had to sign Dez. Jerry of all people would have loved to make a splash and snag a big named back but he couldnt. We have to rely on our O line and hope the committee does what is needed. I think they can .

Agreed.

Haven't even brought up the issues of fumbles. We don't know if Randle can hold on to the ball which is another ? DMC, he can tote the rock without putting it on the ground 2.4 fumbles per year. I can live with that. Randle is darn near already at DMC's average with only 51 carries. That can't continue!

I'm telling you folks. I may be out on the limb here but I'm swingin like a mo fo and it's not giving an inch.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Jerry Jones has already been spweing praise all over Randle about how he has the kind of speed and vision they expect from a Dallas RB yadda yadda. Once it gets to the point where Jerry likes a guy, he is penciled in. Randle may or may not be able to sustain the kind of workload it will take to be a top 10 RB, but he is most certainly going to get every opportunity to find out.

This situation reminds me of Justine Forsett last year. All kinds of people on this forum were saying he was gonna be a one week wonder because he had never been anything but a career backup. Look what happened and look where he is being drafted now. I firmly believe that it's 80% system and 20% player. If Randle stays healthy he is gonna be a fantasy stud this year.

Edited by Alphashado

limp DMC is just a warm body to backup Randle.. Randle has the upside to hold the starting job behind that big Dallas o-line.

With Dallas running the ball so much I'm sure they realized giving Randle a smallish back cannot carry the ball 28+ times because it is not sustainable but it doesn't mean he won't have the (Cecil) lion share opportunities.

Edited by robotpimp

Randle may be getting #1 reps but he's bringing up the rear in pass protections among backs in camp according to the local beat crew. The door could be shut on Mcfadden by now but he's leaving it open with pass protection issues. I'll tell you this, if DMC comes in and runs well, pass protects like a veteran, doesn't fumble, shows his hands, without coming up gimpy, the starting job will be up for grabs.