[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bennett

Avernus

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*waits for someone to say something like "key word 'hoping to'"*

353071[/snapback]

I think I remember hearing something to that effect last year.

That being said, I like Bennett this year. I do not think the Minn backfield will be a 3 headed hydra. I think Moe's on his way out, and by years end Smith will be stealing some of Bennetts PT, but overall I think he will get plenty of touches.

I think I remember hearing something to that effect last year.

That being said, I like Bennett this year.  I do not think the Minn backfield will be a 3 headed hydra.  I think Moe's on his way out, and by years end Smith will be stealing some of Bennetts PT, but overall I think he will get plenty of touches.

353081[/snapback]

did you really hear this last year?...because I've heard someone else say that about last year as well as from you....

I heard no such thing....not that he didn't say it....I just wish I caught it so it would have a more effective impact on whether or not I try to trade for him....

I'm trying to unload Rudi in a package deal where I acquire Bennett....but am just not sure until I get some closure on this....

but umm...I'm figuring the fact that he didn't play until november had an effect on this....I'd get him and O. Smith...

WOW :bigshock: This would move Bennett  up a lot farther in my rankings.  Thanks avernus.  That's why I love this website!! :D

353123[/snapback]

exactly...as long as he stays healthy....but grab Smith as well....he'd be netting the majority of the carries

It was the end of 2002 that Bennett began to get all the carries, including goal line carries, that shot his FF value up going into 2003. In the beginning of 2002, Moe Williams vultured a lot of TD's. But, as the season went on, they settled in with Bennett as the featured back. Then, of course, he broke his foot in the offseason, and by the time he came back late last year, RBBC was in full force. As long as Bennett is productive near the goal line, I think the Vikings will stick with him as the featured back. If he struggles, which I don't think he will, you will see more of Onterrio Smith.

It was the end of 2002 that Bennett began to get all the carries, including goal line carries, that shot his FF value up going into 2003.  In the beginning of 2002, Moe Williams vultured a lot of TD's.  But, as the season went on, they settled in with Bennett as the featured back.  Then, of course, he broke his foot in the offseason, and by the time he came back late last year, RBBC was in full force.  As long as Bennett is productive near the goal line, I think the Vikings will stick with him as the featured back.  If he struggles, which I don't think he will, you will see more of Onterrio Smith.

353145[/snapback]

is he worth unloading griffin and suggs for in a trade?....I mean...him and a WR...lol...

I think either Suggs and Griffin can be dominant backs...especially in a league where its 1 pt per rec. and bonus pots for lengthy TD's

You might want to ask someone else, I am not high on Griffin at all. Suggs is interesting, but he has not officially been named the starter. If you could get a WR with Bennett, I'd probably make the trade. If not, stand pat and see how the Broncos/Browns RB situation shakes out.

You might want to ask someone else, I am not high on Griffin at all.  Suggs is interesting, but he has not officially been named the starter.  If you could get a WR with Bennett, I'd probably make the trade.  If not, stand pat and see how the Broncos/Browns RB situation shakes out.

353162[/snapback]

yea...I'd like to get Brandon Lloyd out of the deal...reminiscant of when I got deuce McAllister and Rod Gardner for David Boston in 2001 lol...and the Boston had that terrible injury shortly after the deal

It was the end of 2002 that Bennett began to get all the carries, including goal line carries, that shot his FF value up going into 2003.  In the beginning of 2002, Moe Williams vultured a lot of TD's.  But, as the season went on, they settled in with Bennett as the featured back.  Then, of course, he broke his foot in the offseason, and by the time he came back late last year, RBBC was in full force.  As long as Bennett is productive near the goal line, I think the Vikings will stick with him as the featured back.  If he struggles, which I don't think he will, you will see more of Onterrio Smith.

353145[/snapback]

Good point. The fact is that most coaches do not prefer RBBC. They typically only resort to it when they no other choice.

Don't foget that Moe Williams is still there to hawk goal line carries too ...

353366[/snapback]

Williams at the goal line, maybe Smith, Culpepper can run it it, Moss can catch it on the corner of the end zone, Robinson can do the same, Kleinsasser over the middle....

Williams at the goal line, maybe Smith, Culpepper can run it it, Moss can catch it on the corner of the end zone, Robinson can do the same, Kleinsasser over the middle....

353368[/snapback]

Minnesota is not short on methods of achieving 6 points.

... unless it's the playoffs. :D

I dunno..I see it like this....

Randy Moss goes deep in the endzone...about 40 yds out....*pass interference*...ball at the 1...Bennett jumps over the line for a TD....

thanks for the 6...I mean...Minny has a top notch OL...It's not like he won't get a wide open hole...

people act like it's always been RBBC...

This news about Bennett comes a day after I heard that the Vikes are looking to have a pair of 1000 yard rushers.  So who do you believe, Viking insiders or a FF website.

353579[/snapback]

who is your "viking insider"?...lol....and I have heard this twice...once from kffl...and another from this site....

kffl is actually good for it's news.....but anything else over there is crap....which is why I am here