[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Danger of "Taking a Year Off" from FF

McBoog

A few years back, I came on here and proclaimed that I was going to take some time off from FF as after over a decade of playing (started back when you counted your points on Mon morning with the newspaper while taking your mornjing poop) I was taking a year off. Hey, I drafted Dan Marino one year! "Championship!" :okay:

Well, I never played again. I enjoyed just being a football fan again so much, I haven't missed it at all. I have drafted for friends, a couple of champoinship teams, when they couldn't make their draft, which was cool because that was always my favorite part.

Anyway... Scanning the boards, I see it is all pretty much the same as ever.

A big "HEY!" to those that remember me and care.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that mcboog. Love me some fantasy!

I said it in fewer words in the other thread 4 years back and it still pertains now more than ever. After 20 plus years of playing fantasy football, I feel like I'm just now coming into my prime. I love all the online leagues, daily games, daily visits to The Huddle, all the new tech tied to fantasy football, and of course trying to kick ass in my local. I've never had as much fun as I am having now.

• Like 3

maybe I'd consider it if I had a hometown team, but without that, I build my own team and just generally root for great performances when I watch NFL games. I'd love for the Saints to win it all every year but not as much as I want the Wild Turkeys to win it all every year. Works for me and I look forward to every year with the same anticipation going on 10+ years now.

A few years back, I came on here and proclaimed that I was going to take some time off from FF as after over a decade of playing (started back when you counted your points on Mon morning with the newspaper while taking your mornjing poop) I was taking a year off. Hey, I drafted Dan Marino one year! "Championship!" :okay:

Well, I never played again. I enjoyed just being a football fan again so much, I haven't missed it at all. I have drafted for friends, a couple of champoinship teams, when they couldn't make their draft, which was cool because that was always my favorite part.

Welcome back!

I dropped it too for a while. I play in a recreational newbie work league now for fun, and just basically draft my favorite players. You're right about viewing football differently though. It has completely made me enjoy the intricacies of the game again, and watching football to watch two teams get it on, rather than mostly rooting for stats and players. It is really easy for fantasy football to become more work than fun.

Baseball, on the other hand, I have found that I stay in touch with and know much more about when I play in a fantasy league.

Edited by Seahawks21

I just learned to take it a little less serious. I am still on fantasy sites reading news on a daily basis (in-season) but I learned to set my lineup on the weekends and worry about other matters when I needed to. Sure, sometimes I'll sit there with my laptop tracking games when I'm bored. But when I have my son and he's itching to go to the park I have no problems leaving it all be and checking everything later. I think that is part of what divides those who feel they need to quit and those who continue tom play.

• Like 2