[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady transformation

ImNotSoIgnorant

So Brady might be willing to take a reduction in suspension for failing to co-operate but not for any wrong doing (agreeing with Wells report) Ummmmmmm....yeah lol. We'll all buy that one Tom. Now you'll be able to deny everything but you stl destroyed evidence just because. Yeah I'll but that for a dollar.

WTF - how does this make any sense? Just when I was starting to lean in favor of the NFL strongarming Brady and pulling rabbits out of hats, this comes out. If this whole time you're pissed that your innocent and are willing to fight tooth and nail to prove your innocence, only to NOW come out and say "OK, you can suspend me for not cooperating." DUDE! You claimed up to this point that you DID cooperate and did everything they asked outside of hand over your phone when they just wanted to look at it - not take it.

Whatever - he's a f'ng liar. I have again lost any respect for this dude and don't believe a f'ng thing that comes out of his mouth anymore. You're again starting to sound like A-fraud and Barry Bonds.

Fess up to it ya jackhole! You lied and got busted. Now you can't even keep your lies in order. I hope the league hangs him out to dry.

More over reaction based on speculation. I've heard a little about these reports (just read the one below), and some people questioned if maybe the NFL is leaking these stories to put pressure on Brady to accept a deal and admit some form of guilty (even if just not fully cooperative). One story began with "league sources report" and several laughed or suggest that phrase will never be trusted again.

I remember hearing somewhere that it was expected the judge would tell the two sides "work it out, or neither side will like my solution", and that appears to be happening they're negotiating some form of settlement.

The article below says that both Brady and Goodell were told to be in court on Monday 8/31 if no agreement was reached.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/nfl-controversy/deflate-gate-judge-tells-both-sides-keep-talking-dispute-over-n412371

Fess up to it ya jackhole! You lied and got busted. Now you can't even keep your lies in order. I hope the league hangs him out to dry.

People make compromises all the time in courts all over this great land. An off-point admission has nothing to do with the truth regarding deflated footballs.

I think the chances the NFL goes for this are zero and this is a publicity leak from Brady's people to make him seem reasonable. Vincent and Goodell are either going down with this ship or sailing to booze-soaked high five vindication.

Brady would rather be suspended 4 games than admit on record that he cheated. Given the absolute lack of proof that the NFL has, I would do the same. If Brady is suspended 4 games without admission of guilt and without a shred of evidence then he comes off as the good guy being unfairly persecuted by the evil establishment (Goodell/NFL) ... unless of course you are a NE/Brady hater and lack objectivity.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I think you can say that about both sides honestly. I openly admit I'm a Brady/NE hater but I would never support unjust prosecution for any reason. Both sides have failed IMO but neither side will ever admit it. A settlement is probably the most realistic solution and it allows Tom to stay true to his side and the NFL/owners get some satisfaction as well. Remember, Goodell got overwhelming support from ownership.

Very few people have true objectivity in this situation, even the almight Grits. Many have a beef with the NFL/Goodell so they want to see them shown to be incompetent in this. Others dislike/hate Brady/Pats and their cheating ways (proven in the past).

I think you can say that about both sides honestly. I openly admit I'm a Brady/NE hater but I would never support unjust prosecution for any reason. Both sides have failed IMO but neither side will ever admit it. A settlement is probably the most realistic solution and it allows Tom to stay true to his side and the NFL/owners get some satisfaction as well. Remember, Goodell got overwhelming support from ownership.

Brady doesn't want to admit on record that he cheated.

The NFL/owners do not want to give up power to administer punishments as they see fit.

Some reports have Brady willing to accept a reduced suspension for a failure to cooperate fully, which is a way for him to get this behind him without having to admit to cheating. If this is the truth then NFL is sticking to their guns because they "know" Brady cheated but have no proof and are pissed that Brady didn't bow down before them and give up his phone ... they are trying to make a point. Without proof/evidence I believe the NFL is in the wrong here. If there wasn't a shred of evidence I would NEVER admit to guilt, even if I was guilty.

Brady would rather be suspended 4 games than admit on record that he cheated. Given the absolute lack of proof that the NFL has, I would do the same. If Brady is suspended 4 games without admission of guilt and without a shred of evidence then he comes off as the good guy being unfairly persecuted by the evil establishment (Goodell/NFL) ... unless of course you are a NE/Brady hater and lack objectivity.

I agree with this whole heartedly. I'm not a Brady hater - I'm just baffled that someone thinks that the rest of us are f'ng stupid and cant read in-between the lines.

My opinion is that Brady knows that he had more to do with it that what he wants to let everyone else believe - and his ace up his sleeve is the NFL has no hard evidence, however they have an overwhelmingly strong suspicion that he is guilty - and Brady's lying and unwillingness to cooperate is only strengthening that suspicion.

This whole thing about deflate gate is stupid to begin with - the air pressure of the footballs did not change the outcome of a game. Did it give someone an advantage? Hard to say - maybe it put a player in a better comfort zone, but he would have succeeded either way. I think what's sparking the NFL digging in their heels here is the fact that one party knows they f'd up but instead of fessing up to it and letting bygons be bygons, they're instead trying to play the NFL and everyone else for a fool and lie about their involvement with breaking the rules due to the fact that there is no hard evidence. They're playing the whole innocent until PROVEN guilty card, when common sense tells you they're guilty.

My stance here is the NFL is not a court of law and maybe common sense here shows guilt - no proof needed. Goodell is trying to do the right thing by protecting the integrity of the game. Too many others are trying to find loopholes to gain an advantage - whether it big or small - on the field or off the field. I guess my morals are different than others. If I f' up and do something I shouldn't have - I fess up to it. It's the same way I raise my kids. Better to come clean about it up front and deal with the repercussions then. It may suck at first - but at least you remain trustworthy and aren't then stuck trying to remember what lie you told to who - and how to cover up for one lie with another when you change your own story. Unless your name is OJ Simpson and lie to everyone and still get away with it when the rest of us know you're guilty - you're looking more and more like a fool everytime you talk about this.

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Very few people have true objectivity in this situation, even the almight Grits. Many have a beef with the NFL/Goodell so they want to see them shown to be incompetent in this. Others dislike/hate Brady/Pats and their cheating ways (proven in the past).

That is where you are wrong. While I am typically a NE hater I don't really have a dog in this fight.

If the NFL had concrete evidence I would be on board with the punishment. In fact, I generally support stronger punishments for players caught breaking the rules.

Without concrete evidence I think the NFL is abusing their power.

I agree with this whole heartedly. I'm not a Brady hater - I'm just baffled that someone thinks that the rest of us are f'ng stupid and cant read in-between the lines.

My opinion is that Brady knows that he had more to do with it that what he wants to let everyone else believe - and his ace up his sleeve is the NFL has no hard evidence, however they have an overwhelmingly strong suspicion that he is guilty - and Brady's lying and unwillingness to cooperate is only strengthening that suspicion.

This whole thing about deflate gate is stupid to begin with - the air pressure of the footballs did not change the outcome of a game. Did it give someone an advantage? Hard to say - maybe it put a player in a better comfort zone, but he would have succeeded either way. I think what's sparking the NFL digging in their heels here is the fact that one party knows they f'd up but instead of fessing up to it and letting bygons be bygons, they're instead trying to play the NFL and everyone else for a fool and lie about their involvement with breaking the rules due to the fact that there is no hard evidence. They're playing the whole innocent until PROVEN guilty card, when common sense tells you they're guilty.

My stance here is the NFL is not a court of law and maybe common sense here shows guilt - no proof needed. Goodell is trying to do the right thing by protecting the integrity of the game. Too many others are trying to find loopholes to gain an advantage - whether it big or small - on the field or off the field. I guess my morals are different than others. If I f' up and do something I should have - I fess up to it. It's the same way I raise my kids. Better to come clean about it up front and deal with the repercussions then. It may suck at first - but at least you remain trustworthy and aren't then stuck trying to remember what lie you told to who - and how to cover up for one lie with another when you change your own story. Unless your name is OJ Simpson and lie to everyone and still get away with it when the rest of us know you're guilty - you're looking more and more like a fool everytime you talk about this.

I could not disagree more ... nobody should have the power to administer punishment without proof ... on the grounds that there is evidence that the person was likely generally aware that a rule was being broken. That is too much power. In this case I think the fact that Brady/NE may or may not have cheated is irrelevant ... without some kind of solid evidence there should be no punishment. Or is your stance that the NFL/Goodell are infallible and will never make mistakes? Never unjustly accuse and punish somebody? Is it possible that Goodell might have a personal bias against some player and allow that to influence his decision when there is no proof? No, that is too slippery a slope for me.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I could not disagree more ... nobody should have the power to administer punishment without proof ... on the grounds that there is evidence that the person was likely generally aware that a rule was being broken. That is too much power. In this case I think the fact that Brady/NE may or may not have cheated is irrelevant ... without some kind of solid evidence there should be no punishment. Or is your stance that the NFL/Goodell are infallible and will never make mistakes? Never unjustly accuse and punish somebody? Is it possible that Goodell might have a personal bias against some player and allow that to influence his decision when there is no proof? No, that is too slippery a slope for me.

I hear you - and no, I don't think the NFL should have THAT much power - but when you are damn near positive something happened, just don't have physical proof to back it up - you're now in that gray area.

I suppose you have to define proof. For instance, the house next to mine is a rental property and tenants come and go every 12 months. The previous tenants had a kid who one day thought it would be fun to throw rocks at my garage (don't ask me why - but he did). How do I know it was that kid? Cause when I looked out my front window I could see him doing it. I went out there and yell at him - only for his dad to yell at me for yelling at his kid. I told him what his kid was doing and he argued with me that his kid wasn't doing it. I showed his dad the dings in the garage door and the rocks that were laying on my driveway next to the garage door. I saw him doing it - but I didn't have my phone out taking pictures or video him doing it. So, while I didn't have physical proof, I had enough suspicion to know he was guilty, but couldn't do anything about it cause it's my word against his.. To me - the kid should have been punished and the dad held accountable and paid for my door to be fixed. Did they? Nope - cause even after contacting an attorney and asking if I could hold them accountable - I was advised it's my word against his, and I'd be wasting my time and $$ going after them if I didn't have some sort of proof that it was the kid.

This is why I say the NFL is not a court of law. Do they have to abide by the whole innocent until proven guilty? Don't know - I haven't ready the CBA nor do I care to

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

I hear you - and no, I don't think the NFL should have THAT much power - but when you are damn near positive something happened, just don't have physical proof to back it up - you're now in that gray area.

I suppose you have to define proof. For instance, the house next to mine is a rental property and tenants come and go every 12 months. The previous tenants had a kid who one day thought it would be fun to throw rocks at my garage (don't ask me why - but he did). How do I know it was that kid? Cause when I looked out my front window I could see him doing it. I went out there and yell at him - only for his dad to yell at me for yelling at his kid. I told him what his kid was doing and he argued with me that his kid wasn't doing it. I showed his dad the dings in the garage door and the rocks that were laying on my driveway next to the garage door. I saw him doing it - but I didn't have my phone out taking pictures or video him doing it. So, while I didn't have physical proof, I had enough suspicion to know he was guilty, but couldn't do anything about it cause it's my word against his.. To me - the kid should have been punished and the dad held accountable and paid for my door to be fixed. Did they? Nope - cause even after contacting an attorney and asking if I could hold them accountable - I was advised it's my word against his, and I'd be wasting my time and $$ going after them if I didn't have some sort of proof that it was the kid.

No gray area. No proof, no punishment.

You witnessed the crime in your scenario. If the NFL could produce eye witnesses that testify to Brady's knowledge of the balls being deflated I would accept that as proof. Not asking for somebody to get up and say "I believe he did it" or "I strongly suspect he did it" ... but somebody to say "yup, I was there when he was involved". Why haven't we heard from the ball boys?

Why haven't we heard from the ball boys?

I guess it all goes back to defining proof. Were they paid off to shut up? The Wells Report all but proved the ballboy and the equipment guy was in on it. I mean when one guy says he's going to the media unless he gets some signed memorabilia, and then you have proof that Brady and one of these guys talked several times a day for a few days after all this came out - and Brady to ask are you ok, how are you holding up, etc - THAT to me is the smoking gun. Someone's f'ng lying - and more people know about it than what we're supposed to believe