[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael Getting His Shot?

DaFreak

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said RB Christine Michael is "in the mix" to be active against New Orleans.

Michael reportedly saw more reps than usual in practice on Wednesday. It is an odd time to bump up Michael's usage considering how well Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar played last week, but the Cowboys likely want to get something out of their investment. Michael still likely needs an injury to someone ahead of him to have any fantasy value.

It is an odd time to bump up Michael's usage considering how well Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar played last week...Michael still likely needs an injury to someone ahead of him to have any fantasy value.

This ^

congrats! it's all "coach-speak" anyway...there's a 50% chance you're right, and a 50% chance you're chasing rainbows...i would probably grab him, too, if i had a dead spot on any of my rosters right now, but i don't...

Edited by the outlaw

I don't necessarily see that he needs an injury to get ahead in this backfield. What I see happening is what happened in Arizona with David Johnson. His first active game he'll have 3 carries for 55 yards and a TD, or something similar, forcing the coaches hand. Maybe he gets 5 the next game and rips off another long TD.

I am not saying this will catapult him to #1 but it's possible he can take a very small assignment and make something really big happen with it. That is what I'm hopeful for. That being said, he could also take a very small assignment and fu*k it up (mentally).

Holding across the board.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily see that he needs an injury to get ahead in this backfield. What I see happening is what happened in Arizona with David Johnson. His first active game he'll have 3 carries for 55 yards and a TD, or something similar, forcing the coaches hand. Maybe he gets 5 the next game and rips off another long TD.

I am not saying this will catapult him to #1 but it's possible he can take a very small assignment and make something really big happen with it. That is what I'm hopeful for. That being said, he could also take a very small assignment and fu*k it up (mentally).

Holding across the board.

I agree. CMike is a total unknown in the pros so we have no idea what he can do. I do know that no matter how good Randall, DMC and Dunbar's stats looked last week, Dallas lost a game they were in control of early because they couldn't sustain drives against a stacked box and their D gave their butthole up to Julio Jones. CMike may or may not be the solution to one of these problems. Dallas has a great run blocking O-line, and CMike seems like he should be smash mouth back, so I see serious potential here.

I agree. CMike is a total unknown in the pros so we have no idea what he can do. I do know that no matter how good Randall, DMC and Dunbar's stats looked last week, Dallas lost a game they were in control of early because they couldn't sustain drives against a stacked box and their D gave their butthole up to Julio Jones. CMike may or may not be the solution to one of these problems. Dallas has a great run blocking O-line, and CMike seems like he should be smash mouth back, so I see serious potential here.

CMike doesn't play defense. Atlanta shredded Dallas' defense last week. I am not sure why Dallas chose to abandon the run in the 2nd half but I do not believe it was because they thought that Randall couldn't get the job done.

I think you guys are just desperate to find that gem hidden in a pile of rocks. CMike still looks like a rock to me, I suppose it is possible that you are being blinded by the flecks of fool's good embedded in this particular rock.

• Like 1

That's what the ww is for in ff. :shrug:. I don't have any higher hopes for him in Dallas than you do..but he's sitting all the way at the end of the bench in one of my leagues just in case. Hitting a home run with a dark horse rb wins leagues..

Exactly. I have 2 spots on my bench where I rotate speculative adds. Right now it's Green-Beckham and CMIKE. My starting lineup is fully in tact and performing well. I am perfectly fine holding him. Why go after guys you know are average?

• Like 1

like who? Edit: and 4th on the depth chart is a lil misleading here. Randle is a pass catching back. McFadden isnt going to carry the load either imo

:shrug: there are waaaaaay too many RBs on the Cowboys to think that Michael will not only have the opportunity to have enough significant carries to distinguish himself but will also beat out all the other competition and get enough carries to be able to perform consistently enough to be inserted into a fantasy starting lineup.

At best he gets enough carries to make it so that no Dallas RB is worth starting.

• Like 1

Has nothing to do with how many running backs there are on the team, it has to do with the talent of the running backs on the team. CMike is more talented then all of them, thats not the problem. In my mind there is not a better speculative player available on waivers, and if there is I would like to hear who you think it is.

Has nothing to do with how many running backs there are on the team, it has to do with the talent of the running backs on the team. CMike is more talented then all of them, thats not the problem. In my mind there is not a better speculative player available on waivers, and if there is I would like to hear who you think it is.

Yeah Michael is so talented that Dallas had to trade a highly valued 7th round pick for him.

The fact that they traded for a "4th string" RB at all should tell you something. Anyone could have filled that role. They have plans for CMike, sorry you can't see it.

If I pay $1000 for a straight up normal every day penny ... does the fact that I paid $1000 for it give it any more value than 1 cent?