[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael Getting His Shot?

DaFreak

Yawnnn.....

Bob Sturm, Dallas Morning News

Question: So do you think Michael will be active on Sunday? I know Dunbar is basically a WR but when he's in the game, isn't he still the only RB out there? I don't remember any plays with Dunbar and Randle in there together. Still a challenge to split up 60 snaps amongst 4 RB's.

Sturm: I think Michael does play and he could instantly get most of the carries. Pure speculation, but the Cowboys look to be serious about turning over every rock to try to find the right combination to get the offense going. I think Randle has a lot of upside, but Michael does too. It will be interesting. The Cowboys do have a package with Randle and Dunbar out of shotgun, but they ran it only once on Sunday. I am not sure how the snaps will be divided, but it might be quite a bit for Christine if it works early.

nah..he went to A&M...duh

If you have a spot and can hold him for a couple of weeks not at the expense of depth, then grab him. If you need the roster spot for depth due to bye weeks, pass. He is a lottery ticket. Sometimes you hit, usually you don't.

I hope he hits.

In a good year of waivers and free agency I hope to produce one or two legitimate fantasy starters. I'll dedicate one roster spot for a couple of weeks to the potential Dallas starting running back. 90% chance it fails. It's still a good investment.

I would love to invest your money for you if you are okay with the concept of 90% failure rate is acceptable.

I would love to invest your money for you if you are okay with the concept of 90% failure rate is acceptable.

I think you're taking what he is saying out of context..we're talking penny stock type chance and dropping players like Wheaton for him...

• Like 1

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4745803/how-do-the-cowboys-activate-christine-michael

NEW ORLEANS -- As the Dallas Cowboys look to formulate their 46-man roster for Sunday night’s game against the New Orleans Saints, the biggest questions come on the offensive and defensive lines and at running back.

Let’s start with running back. Christine Michael got his first work with the regulars this week after the trade from Seattle. Why would they give him some turns with the regulars if he’s not going to be active? But how do the Cowboys activate four tailbacks plus fullback Tyler Clutts? They would have to go lighter at wide receiver. That puts rookie Lucky Whitehead’s spot up for grabs. WithLance Dunbar’s ability out of the backfield, Whitehead’s role is superfluous.

On the offensive line, the Cowboys want to dress seven players. With the return of Ronald Leary, that puts the final spot between Mackenzy Bernadeau and La'el Collins, who started last week against the Atlanta Falcons. Bernadeau’s versatility as the backup center makes him more valuable on game day than Collins, who lacks position flexibility. But the Cowboys can use Zack Martin as the emergency center if something happens to Travis Frederick. It's possible Michael could be inactive, with the Cowboys using Whitehead's spot for an eighth offensive lineman.

On the defensive line, the Cowboys will be helped by the return of Jeremy Mincey. He should take the spot of Ryan Russell, who played for the first time last week. The Cowboys added David Irving off the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad on Tuesday, but can he know enough of the defense to be active Sunday night? That seems an awful lot to ask of a rookie who came to the Cowboys from a 3-4 team.

So the inactive guess looks like this: Matt Cassel, Whitehead, Dez Bryant, Geoff Swaim, Collins, Irving and Russell.

He is collecting dust on my bench and I'd like to see if something pans out. I am pretty good at RB, so he isn't worrying me, but I'd like to end the hype or finally see something tonight either way.

He is collecting dust on my bench and I'd like to see if something pans out. I am pretty good at RB, so he isn't worrying me, but I'd like to end the hype or finally see something tonight either way.

I think tonight is mostly Randle and Dunbar with DMC and Michael worked in with about 5 touches each...

I think tonight is mostly Randle and Dunbar with DMC and Michael worked in with about 5 touches each...

Maybe or he may not even play. I would be stupefied to see him get 10 carries. But maybe Garret wants to play with his shiny new toy. Wouldn't that make Captain Botox Jones look smart to snag a good runner for a bottom feeder pick. Never know if Jerry's ego demands Michael to get some looks.

• Like 1

Maybe or he may not even play. I would be stupefied to see him get 10 carries. But maybe Garret wants to play with his shiny new toy. Wouldn't that make Captain Botox Jones look smart to snag a good runner for a bottom feeder pick. Never know if Jerry's ego demands Michael to get some looks.

I think if Randle repeats his last 11 carries from last week, we might see Michael...DMC and Dunbar have roles, I view Michael as the backup to Randle is he is active for more than a week...

Fixed for accuracy

Edited by Avernus

and so it begins....

I know my freudian slip earlier may suggest this but I don't know that Michael is the better pass catching back...

I personally think Michael is better suited to take Randle's spot and Randle take Dunbar's spot....but that is unlikely