[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the heck was Tomlin thinking?

Grits and Shins

Ball to Bell in all those situation and if he is stopped, your best player got stopped, not your fill in.

Yeah I am absolutely astounded that Tomlin chose to put the game in the hands of his aging back up QB (TWICE) when it counted. That was bad coaching/play calling all the way. Back when Vick was in his prime and had legs that he could make plays with I might have put the game in his hands on those 4th downs ... but there is a reason he is not a starting QB anymore. And to make matters worse Vick has only been with the team a matter of months.

Horrible decision by the coaches.

As Tomlin has mentioned in the past, he coaches "with his gut." That's just about the most asinine thing I've ever heard - if you're not coaching with your head, then you probably shouldn't be coaching - making decisions based on your gut is for gamblers who lose a lot of money . . .

• Like 1

Maybe no-one will agree with me... but let Scobee kick the ball, I say. And if you go for it, obviously give it to bell, he's good for a yard. About as bad as not giving it to Lynch when you need a yard.

However, I say Scobee is in a real bad way right now. And blatantly not having confidence in him is not gonna get him out of the slump. It's almost like a slap in the face to him and he's going to continue to psych him out all year by pulling manure like not letting him kick extra attempts and field goals. He kicked pretty well for the Jags, he's been playing for a long time, let the man kick and get rid of him next year if he ends the season looking manurety.

The thing i don't get is it was 3rd and short during two different drives at the end...if you are going for it on 4th then at least run the ball on 3rd down (with Bell not Vick). After you mess up horribly once, learn from your mistake and run the ball next drive. They really over thought themselves on this one especially after Le'veon ripped off a 22 yard run to set them up to begin with.

And I agree I would've slapped Scobee across the face and given him a third chance to win the game you figure its a 50-50 shot for a walk off win why not take the chance you'd still need to drive another 30 yards to score a TD even if you got the first. I don't blame Tomlin for making the last call to go for it though, he probably figured he had better odds of getting the first down but jeez the play call is mind boggling

Dumb dumb all around

As an objective viewer....I sure do love those Ravens/Steelers games. Perhaps the best series out there, year after year. It never really disappoints, and it's tough football, well played, not full of flags - just hard nosed ball. :clap:

I hate both teams but that was a great game. I found myself cheering and clapping several times on good plays (Vick block on TD run, the PIT DB recovering the Flacco fumble, etc.) I kept thinking "why can't my Browns play like that?" At least it wasn't the AFC Championship game where I knew one of them would end up in the SB.

Tomlin did make some boneheaded decisions. And Scobee needs to be cut, the 49 yard miss FG was one thing, but the one from 41 was inexcusable.

I checked on his stats some, he is not good from 40 and longer. Jim & Phil were talking about how he's the all time scorer or something for the Jags, but apparently not a good kicker overall. 80% overall, but under 70% from 40-49 and 62% from 50+, about 67% from beyond 40. He's only 3 of 7 beyond 40 this year.

Maybe no-one will agree with me... but let Scobee kick the ball, I say. And if you go for it, obviously give it to bell, he's good for a yard. About as bad as not giving it to Lynch when you need a yard.

However, I say Scobee is in a real bad way right now. And blatantly not having confidence in him is not gonna get him out of the slump. It's almost like a slap in the face to him and he's going to continue to psych him out all year by pulling honda like not letting him kick extra attempts and field goals. He kicked pretty well for the Jags, he's been playing for a long time, let the man kick and get rid of him next year if he ends the season looking hondaty.

The guy already missed 2 FG including one from almost 10 yards closer. Screw his confidence you need a better kicker and aren't going to trust him in a game winning situation.

The guy already missed 2 FG including one from almost 10 yards closer. Screw his confidence you need a better kicker and aren't going to trust him in a game winning situation.

Look Scobee is no hall of famer but he's a decent kicker averaged 80 something with a pretty good range for the Jags. He missed 2 from good range and made 2. Guy had a bad night, he also had a bad night the opener. I strongly believe the reaction to his misses adds a manure ton of pressure on the guy and pysch's him out. He's your kicker, for better or for worse, you want his confidence to go up, not down. Pat the guy on the back, say don't worry about it, give him opportunities, don't stomp your feet like an ass and say "you missed so screw you we're just gonna go for it on 4th downs now because you suck".

He's your kicker, let him kick when the opportunity arises, and if he continues to miss under those circumstances, then get another kicker. It's just a classic example of the NFL not giving someone a fair opportunity. It's meaningless now, but I'd place a fair wager of 100$ that Scobee would have made that last one anyway.

Edited by Inziladun

No. As it has been said - run Bell with less than 1 yard to go. Stupid not to do it, especially on the Vick run and just wrong/illogical on the weak over throw.

Those coaches wanted to "out cute" each other. Baltimore' stuffed fake was another questionable call by Harbaugh.

• Like 2