[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who has it worse than me

rajncajn

I'm not 3-1 so I'm starting my own thread.

A little backstory first:

Last season I wasn't real happy with my draft, but I thought that maybe it could at least get me tot he playoffs. Then, right after the draft, one owner dropped OBJ and another owner dropped Kelce, two players that I was specifically targeting so i snapped them both up. So, needless to say, my season went pretty well but I didn't think I had a real shot at winning it all looking at the teams ahead of me. So I decided I would sacrifice one of my best players, AJ Green for a first this season to one of the front-running teams. That would give me at least OBJ for a 14th round pick(keeper) & two firsts to start off with. In a 12 team league, that is outstanding. On top of that, I also had Kelce or Latavius Murray I could keep as well for an even later pick.

Even longer story short, I ended up going on a run and winning the whole thing and was sitting on top of the world knowing I'd be going into the draft so stacked. This year I ended up keeping Kelce with OBJ because I knew the TE market would be extremely tight with Graham going to Seattle and Gronk being held as a keeper. So, here is what I ended up drafting:

1.1 Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB
1.12 Bryant, Dez DAL WR
2.01 Murray, DeMarco PHI RB
3.12 Cooks, Brandin NOS WR
4.01 Murray, Latavius OAK RB
6.01 Romo, Tony DAL QB
7.12 Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB
8.01 Bills, Buffalo BUF Def
9.12 Wheaton, Markus PIT WR
10.01 Funchess, Devin CAR WR ®
11.12 Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TBB TE
12.01 Beckham, Odell NYG WR
13.12 Perriman, Breshad BAL WR ®
14.01 Kelce, Travis KCC TE
15.12 Bortles, Blake JAC QB
16.01 McManus, Brandon DEN PK

God that's embarrasing...

I'm now rolling with Andy Dalton & Tyrod Taylor as my QBs, dropping both Romo & Bortles. Dropped JStew, Wheaton, Funchess and Perriman for Jefferey, Marvin Jones, Moncrief & Kendall Wright.

Oh, and of course I blew the league out of the water in week one so for the next two weeks I was way down in the waiver order.

Brutal draft, but those were some nice moves to right the ship.

I really lucked up with Jeffery. Guy dumped him as soon as he saw he was injured and no one seemed to notice. With him being out the first week and him now showing in the stat line nobody else realized he'd been dropped.

If I can make it until Dez & ASJ get back I may actually have something. :fingerscrossed:

Edited by rajncajn

Dynasty #1 - Thought I was losing Brees, so made some trades to acquire Palmer. Flipped Palmer and an asset I was willing to part with for a better "medium-term" QB option... Big Ben. Now Brees appears to be OK and I'm left holding Big Ben. Guess there could be worse things. Oh, like losing Alec Ogletree. But hey, at least no one ever took me up on my offer to reduce my LB depth (Telvin Smith, Brian Cushing). So I guess it's kind of a two steps forward, one step back sort of thing.

Dynasty #2 - Outfit with one of the deadliest LB cores in the league, I've been without Levy and Kuechly for basically the entire season thus far. Lost Kelvin Benjamin in a "must start 3-5" WR league, now starting studs like Kenny Britt and Allen Hurns with Alshon Jeffery still hobbled and Roddy White showing his age. At least it appears that Cole Beasley may be startable. Again, two steps forward, one step back.

Dynasty #3 - Product of not fully reading/understanding the rules, gave key, kept-RFAs longer contracts, thereby handcuffing me to giving guys on DTS I wanted to call up (Amari Cooper, for one) longer-term deals. I have Devonta Freeman basically stuck on my DTS because the max deal I could give him would be 1 years. Had to pull Blake Bortles up (and give him only 2 years) with Andrew Luck out last week. Great team, underperforming IDPs, and now 1-3. Will need a miracle to turn things around.

Dynasty #4 - In fairly good shape.

Redrafts #1 and #2 - Doing very well, in fact I'm atop my particular FSWA league in both record and points. By a wide margin.

Redraft #3 - Who would have thought a lineup featuring PManning, Bell, OBJ, Cooks and Evans would be 1-3? Thought I had an all-star lineup post-draft. Ouch.

Fantasy football is SO weird. Risk, and mitigating it, are usually the biggest factors I've found that translate into wins and losses.

I have been super high on Wright all offseason and I think that Moncrief is an every week starter in start 3 WR leagues. I think Jones will be a nice WR3/4 through the byes as well.

You still have some RB woes, but the waiver wire should yield some more guys as the season wears on.

In my mandatory 3 player keeper league - I gave up on Devonta Freeman and Jimmy Graham to keep Aaron Rodgers (:tup:), CJ Anderson (:tdown:), and Jeremy Hill (:shrug:). Drafted Jordan Cameron and Richard Rodgers to replace Jimmy Graham. Drafted Rashad Jennings and Doug Martin to shore up my RBs (I can start 3). My WRs - Jordan Matthews, Davanta Adams, Pierre Garcon and Eric Decker.

In my dynasty/salary cap league. I released Devonta Freeman and Jordy Nelson. Kept Forsett, Brandon Cooks ... purchased Jordan Matthews and Jordan Cameron.

In my local redraft I drafted Mike Evans as my WR1, Tannehill as my QB1, Kaepernick as my QB2, Greg Olsen as my TE1, Jeremy Hill as my RB2.

The Pyle has lots of smoke and many mirrors.

ATAP is a train wreck starting to happen at 3-1. No WR'S, bad QB'S and need Levy back. Jeffery and Martavis might help but I see a deep slide coming.

Outraged is another problem unless Luck comes along. Freeman and Fitz have saved me so far but there are major inadequacies there. 3-1.

Local is 4-0 with Rodgers Cobb and Beckham...but zero depth. If those three play all year, there's a chance.

Rajn's post is one all new FF GM'S should read about not giving up and being resilient. :clap:

• Like 1

your first 7 picks either have gotten hurt or crapped the bed or both that sucks but you seem like you can right the ship and make another run. Especially when dez is healthy

And that's part of the issue I have now, Lynch, Murray, Dez, Cooks, Kelce, ASJ... How long do I wait to cut bait? Do wait it out knowing the potential? And especially with Dez, do I soak up a roster spot for the rest of the season knowing he could very well not be worth starting when he does come back? Do I drop one of these guys for and up-and-comer RB such as Duke Johnson or David Johnson, who, coincidentally I dropped for Kendall Wright... (rhetorical questions)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't call it a comback...

Looks like I'm slowly getting back on track. Last week I lost, but only because I faced the top scoring team in the league that week. I was still the 4th best. This week I finally got back on the winning side with the top score of the week, thanks largely in part to the return of Alshon Jefferey. Here's where I'm at now roster-wise:

Dalton, Andy CIN QB
Johnson, Duke CLE RB
Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB
Murray, DeMarco PHI RB
Murray, Latavius OAK RB
Beckham, Odell NYG WR
Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Cooks, Brandin NOS WR
Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR
Robinson, Allen JAC WR
Wright, Kendall TEN WR
Kelce, Travis KCC TE
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TBB TE
McManus, Brandon DEN PK
Lions, Detroit DET Def
Rams, St. Louis STL Def

I picked up the Lions this week to cover the bye for St Louis and they will promptly get dropped for someone else. I definitely am not done with roster moves though as I believe I can still make some good improvements. Overall though, as players get healthy and Lynch/Murray start getting on track, I think I can bring this season around. It's gonna be an uphill climb being last in the division at 2-4, but with only 1 division loss and both my division mates being 4-2 I'm not in horrible shape.

01 - Jamal Charles

02 - Mike Evans

03 - Jeremy Hill

04 - Keenan Allen

05 - Greg Olsen

06 - Davante Adams

07 - Jonathan Stewart

08 - Zach Ertz

09 - Ryan Tannehill

10 - Eddie Royal

11 - Shane Vereen

12 - Stevie Johnson

13 - Arizona DEF/ST

14 - Breshad Perriman

15 - Danny Woodhead

16 - Colin Kaepernick

17 - Knile Davis

18 - Nick Novak

Or said another way:

01 - Out for the season

02 - Might as well be out for the season

03 - Wish he was out for the season, don't know which weeks to start him

04 - Injured his last game, status uncertain but hopeful

05 - Hopefully on the upswing, 2 good weeks, 1 meh week, 2 bad weeks

06 - Injured

07 - slow, slow, slow start hopeful last week was an indication of things to come

08 - gone, gone, gone from this team and not really part of his team's offense

09 - supposed to be his break out year

10 - Chicago player NOT named Forte

11 - plays for a team that doesn't run

12 - injured

13 - let PIT's 3rd string QB defeat them

14 - injured

15 - Nice bye week guy I guess

16 - gone, gone, gone from this team, replaced by Bortles

17 - not the handcuff to Jamaal Charles

18 - cut before the season started

Dynasty league - PPR - 2Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2flex, 1K, 1D

QB -

Peyton has been sucking

Mariota just got injured

RB -

LBell suspended to start the year.

Foster out to start the season.

McCoy was injured for a few weeks

Hillman was cut early on for random roster fodder

WR -

Jordy out for the year

Dez out for who knows how long

DeSean out for who knows how long

TE -

Gates suspended for 4 weeks, had to cut just to field a line-up

Reed has chronic ouchies

All star line-up out of commission while the JV squad gets a lot of playing time. Just trying to get through the bye weeks with bubble gum and twine.

Don't call it a comback...

Looks like I'm slowly getting back on track. Last week I lost, but only because I faced the top scoring team in the league that week. I was still the 4th best. This week I finally got back on the winning side with the top score of the week, thanks largely in part to the return of Alshon Jefferey. Here's where I'm at now roster-wise:

Dalton, Andy CIN QB

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Murray, DeMarco PHI RB

Murray, Latavius OAK RB

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Cooks, Brandin NOS WR

Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR

Robinson, Allen JAC WR

Wright, Kendall TEN WR

Kelce, Travis KCC TE

Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TBB TE

McManus, Brandon DEN PK

Lions, Detroit DET Def

Rams, St. Louis STL Def

I picked up the Lions this week to cover the bye for St Louis and they will promptly get dropped for someone else. I definitely am not done with roster moves though as I believe I can still make some good improvements. Overall though, as players get healthy and Lynch/Murray start getting on track, I think I can bring this season around. It's gonna be an uphill climb being last in the division at 2-4, but with only 1 division loss and both my division mates being 4-2 I'm not in horrible shape.

Dude...that team could be a world beater. Demarco looks to be getting on track and Lynch is getting healthy. If Dez comes back, holy manure.

I would try to acquire Rawls after Lynch has another strong game.