[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question on Yahoo Fantasy Football Drop/Add After Game Started

Khurtz

Hi All,

I attempted to find an answer to this in Yahoo's help section but I didn't have much luck. What I'm looking to do is to drop a wide receiver from my starting lineup after their 1:00pm game is over Sunday and they've scored points and then pick up a wide receiver whose game is on Monday and add them to my starting lineup. It seems like this should work but I wanted to check before I tried it.

I'm in a real bind where I can't afford to drop any other players besides my 2nd defense this week and with injuries and byes I only have 1 usable receiver and the 1 spot to work with. Thinking of picking up Stefon Diggs, playing him on Sunday then dropping him to pick up Michael Floyd for Monday so I get points from all 3 WR positions. Thanks for any help/info anyone can provide on this : - )

Thanks, for some reason I thought I could drop a player after their game had started but I was probably confusing that with players on my bench after their game started. I have Jeffrey and Sanders on a bye so I can't drop either of them and then Maclin and Watkins both of whom I have a bad feeling won't play this week and who I'm not willing to drop. Hopefully I can win with 2 wideouts : - P

Hi All,

I attempted to find an answer to this in Yahoo's help section but I didn't have much luck. What I'm looking to do is to drop a wide receiver from my starting lineup after their 1:00pm game is over Sunday and they've scored points and then pick up a wide receiver whose game is on Monday and add them to my starting lineup. It seems like this should work but I wanted to check before I tried it.

I'm in a real bind where I can't afford to drop any other players besides my 2nd defense this week and with injuries and byes I only have 1 usable receiver and the 1 spot to work with. Thinking of picking up Stefon Diggs, playing him on Sunday then dropping him to pick up Michael Floyd for Monday so I get points from all 3 WR positions. Thanks for any help/info anyone can provide on this : - )

:blink:

Hey man, just pass it on the left hand side.

• Like 1

Thanks, for some reason I thought I could drop a player after their game had started but I was probably confusing that with players on my bench after their game started. I have Jeffrey and Sanders on a bye so I can't drop either of them and then Maclin and Watkins both of whom I have a bad feeling won't play this week and who I'm not willing to drop. Hopefully I can win with 2 wideouts : - P

Shouldn't be able to drop a player whose game has been played, whether in you starting lineup or bench.

On Yahoo!, the system won't allow you to drop a player the same day you've started him (for obvious reasons, as others have pointed out)...however, it will allow you to drop a player you started Sunday, on Monday, but that transaction won't be effective until the following week (in other words, the player you pick-up can't be started until the next week)...again, for obvious reasons...

As others stated, you can drop a bench player and start the player you picked-up the same week, as long as he's in your line-up before his kick-off...

Edited by the outlaw

Why wouldn't you be willing to drop Watkins?

You can drop bench players for players that haven't yet played on just about every site, Mr. Grab. That player shouldn't lock until 5 minutes before their game's kickoff.

I've never tried that, and not sure if CBS allows it. I would think a player on my roster in a bench spot is part of my roster for that week once their game has started. If I've got some guy on my bench who gets injured out for the season, why should I be able to drop him for somebody else in a game that hasn't started yet.

Or maybe you misunderstood my post which said

"Shouldn't be able to drop a player whose game has been played, whether in you starting lineup or bench"

If its 2PM, and I've got a guy on my bench in a game that started at 1PM I should NOT be able to drop them, or do anything with them that week, they are part of my bench. The OP indicated with this

"Thanks, for some reason I thought I could drop a player after their game had started but I was probably confusing that with players on my bench after their game started."

Note the bolded, AFTER THEIR GAME STARTED.

Our league does not lock players until 5 minutes before kickoff like most, but once their game kicks off I cannot move from bench to active or drop them. The OP seems to think it should be allowed to not only drop a bench player after their game started, but also to use one roster spot for 2 players in the same weeks playing in different time slots.

Let me get this straight ...

You started a player on your roster and his game is already over.

You don't like the score he put up.

So you want to not only take him out of your starting lineup for this week, but you want to pick up and start another player

If the player you started had put up 40 points would you be asking us the same question?

Edited by Grits and Shins

Let me get this straight ...

You started a player on your roster and his game is already over.

You don't like the score he put up.

So you want to not only take him out of your starting lineup for this week, but you want to pick up and start another player

If the player you started had put up 40 points would you be asking us the same question?

Actually he was going to keep the low score (let's assume WR1 slot). What he was asking was that if he wanted a receiver for the other WR2 spot that he hadn't used yet could he drop the current WR1 Receiver to pick him up and start him.

Still ridiculous but at least not AS ridiculous as the way you said.

The obvious question, which no one else has pointed out, is why does the OP want to hold 2 DEF instead of dropping GB (bye) to grab a starting WR? DEF are by far the easiest slot to stream vs. match-up on a weekly basis...just sayin'

The obvious question, which no one else has pointed out, is why does the OP want to hold 2 DEF instead of dropping GB (bye) to grab a starting WR? DEF are by far the easiest slot to stream vs. match-up on a weekly basis...just sayin'

Having backup DEF is important, you are just fantasy noob.

I traded Julio and Gronk to get best kicker and DEF.