[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals and the #1 seed

gilthorp

I don't think New England is dangerous as everyone else does. Even when healthy they were never as explosive as people made it seem. Take them out of Foxboro and they become human.

I think Broncos finish #1 (same record as pats, hold tiebreaker), Patriots #2, Steelers #3, and Colts #4

I don't think New England is dangerous as everyone else does. Even when healthy they were never as explosive as people made it seem. Take them out of Foxboro and they become human.

I think Broncos finish #1 (same record as pats, hold tiebreaker), Patriots #2, Steelers #3, and Colts #4

I'm with ya, My steelers came very very close to beating the pats in NE, without Bryant, without Bell and a very young inexperienced D who seems to be rushing the QB much better now and missing 2 fgs, still only lost by a td. They've escaped some very close games. But I never ever discount the pats till the final whistle, ever.

Obviously not - it will be very tough to snare this away from NE at this point.

Broncos and Bengals blew it today. I was hoping it would come down to week 16 and that one of us would get the #1 seed.

Pats have a soft remaining schedule. The Jets are the only potential loss left in front of them.

Anyone know who would have the tie breaker between Steelers and Bengals if they end up tied for the division ?

Official tie breakers

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Head-to-head is first, that is a split,CIN is 4-1, PIT 2-2 in division, so could tire at 4-2 and then go to record in common games.

You might try the playoff machine at ESPN to figure it out.

PS i think I'll puke if the Steelers win the division, I was really pulling for the Bengals this year, Dalton injury just blows.

I think Cincy can pull out wins vs the Ravens and Brown... But I'm really hoping the steelers can sneak into top 3 and avoid New England until the AFC title game. Steelers D just needs to play medicore imo to do a lot of damage in the AFC playoffs.

Watch out, Jags may get that #4 spot! :fool:

Played with that playoff machine.. I can't figure out why the steelers currently sit outside but as long as they win out they will become 6th seed over the Jets.. even if the Jets and Chiefs win out also..

Right now Jets, Chiefs and Steelers are tied at 8-5 and competing for the 2 wild cards, tie breakers for either 2 or 3 way tie have head to head (3 way must be a sweep) then conference record. Right no conf records are in order:

Chiefs 7-2, Jets 6-4, Steelers 5-4. The Jets have 1 less (2 vs. 3) conf games left than KC/PIT, allowing PIT to tie them at 8-4 with both teams winning out. In which case some deeper tie breaker gives NYJthe nod (I'm not into figuring W/L% in common games, SOV or SOS numbers).

Heck Steelers could still win the division if they win out and CIN loses 2 (both teams have to play DEN, but have pretty weak opponents for the other 2).

Edited by stevegrab

Watch out, Jags may get that #4 spot! :fool:

Hey if Bortles throws 4 TDs every game you may be right lol. But the planet's seem to be aligning for a Steelers vs. Cardinals/Seahawks super bowl rematch. Seems like those are the team's getting hot at the right time while the teams favored all along are slipping.

And I know there's the Panthers. And as much as I would love see them go 19-0 with a SB win over NE. I just don't think they have it in them. Theyve been in too many close calls against inferior teams, I believe it will catch up with them,in the playoffs

Edited by AX2RUN