[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddlers rule!

Brentastic

As I was looking at the leaderboard for the rtsports Fantasy Championship, I recognized 4 huddlers, including myself, who are in the final, Championship rounds. Those who qualified start with their average weekly score (from weeks 1-13) and then cumulate points from weeks 14-16. The team with the most points after week 16 wins $200K.

DMD - 2 entries in the final round and his best team is currently in 4th place with 2 more weeks to go!

Henry Muto - Muto has won this competition TWICE. That's right, TWICE. Currently he is owner or co-owner of 12 entries that qualified for the Championship finals with I think I counted 4 teams in the top 50

GMBRKRS - 1 team ranked 625. GMBRKRS is a new huddler but he knows his fantasy players. He is in 1 of my B.O.T.H. dynasty leagues as well as a local.

Me - I have 2 entries, placed 295 and 543 and just lost Rawls in my best team. Anything can happen though and I think I have 2 very strong teams.

I'm assuming some other huddlers are in there but those are the names that popped for me.

Good luck everyone!

E2A 4 huddlers that I know of. Happy to add anyone else I missed, either this or FFPC or another big league.

Edited by Brentastic

I'm curious. What is the allure tof this high stakes league when the FFPC is very similar but pays out bigger cash prizes?

I've though about trying out this one, but have been completely happy with FFPC (plus I'm playing on house money this year and next).

it is a lower cost of playing (I think $250 versus $350). The scoring is the same but the FFPC gives the higher 1.5 pt for TE receptions as I recall. They are very similar other than price. I mean the chance to win the top prize is low in both cases but you save $100 a team and I believe the payouts are similar other than the extra $50k for the #1 team. And you can get 3 teams for $700 where it only gets you 2 teams at FFPC. but price is about the only difference.

• Like 1

I'm curious. What is the allure tof this high stakes league when the FFPC is very similar but pays out bigger cash prizes?

I've though about trying out this one, but have been completely happy with FFPC (plus I'm playing on house money this year and next).

I have entries in both. But to answer your question, rt is lower cost to buy in and less people to compete against. I've done the math and I believe the rt Fantasy Championship is a slightly better value.

I did not qualify in the FFPC as I was hit hard by injuries.

I did not qualify in the FFPC as I was hit hard by injuries.

That's a common theme. Won a FFPC league championship but my chances of winning more money in the Championship round are slim (lost Rawls, Graham, and Lynch). Rawls almost single-handedly won me $4K but his injury on Sunday is probably the nail in the coffin.

I had a second FFPC team that may have been the best I ever drafted; didn't make the playoffs. Couldn't overcome the loss of Charels, C. West, Dion Lewis, and Julian Edelman. 3 top 3 players at their position (4 if you count West's PPG before his injury).

I was coming on here to post a congrats to DMD on his current 4th place standing but I see I was beat to the punch. Actually I only have won this particular contest once which was last year because last year was the first time RTS ever had this particular contest. I won a similar contest in 2012 in the NFFC.

I actually have 15 of my 24 teams in the championship round this year. I finished 3rd and 11th in the regular season so for me this week was a big let down as I fell to 27th and god knows where. I didn't even want to look at the standings but finally did after last night's heart breaking ending for me losing 2 of my championships because of Josh Brown's FG by 0.85 and on that last Beckham catch. I still finished 7-7 in my 14 RTS Championship games this year but I should have gone 9-5 at least so very bitter for me. I made playoffs in 16 of my 24 RTS leagues this year cashed 14 times with 7 championships which is a great year but I had 10 teams finish #1 overall in league pts despite the ton of injuries which took some of my top teams out.

I had a team win its league by 200 pts but lost Bell, Foster, K-Allen and Edelman so I have fallen from once #1 overall down to god knows where and lost my championship game with that team. I had Bell on 8 teams, Foster on 12, Lewis on 6, Allen, Edelman and Steve Smith on 4 more. My team that finished #3 overall in the regular season finished 13-1 but lost Foster, Lewis and Steve Smith this year. I had one team go 14-0 my first ever undefeated season counting playoffs which seems odd with how many leagues I have been playing the last few years you would have thought I would have hit one of those then I figured the odds and it came to 16,384 to 1 if you were 50/50 to win each game.

The biggest heart breaker of the week was I have a team with Jason (ie Electric Relish) and we sat Gurley and Golden Tate who combined for 56 pts and the 2 guys we started scored a combined 7 pts leaving 49 pts on the board so instead of 193 pts we scored 144.

For having 15 teams in this contest and 9 in the FFPC and another 5 in the NFFC that is 29 total in the championship round and week 14 was by far my worst scoring week of the year 175 pts was my high of the 29 very disappointing for me as it seems all my hopes and dreams are dashed after the first week after such a stellar season.

I prefer RTS over the FFPC because you are only playing against 3,120 teams compared to almost 7,500 teams. Also I just seem to do better in the RTS.

I have played in both and the weird thing is that at the FFPC I always draw a draft slot of 7, 8 or 9. At the RTS FC I always get 1, 2, 3 or 11, 12. My good team was a 12th draft pick.

I gotta say, I don't follow the advice of anyone but DMD's analysis is best in the business, imo and I live and die by his team defense positional rankings throughout the season. DMD's strength of schedule pre-season article also aids my drafting and is another tool I've relied on for over a decade. He doesn't get them all right (nobody does) but I've found DMD's analysis and player hunches to be more correct than other industry 'experts' over the last 17 or so years I've been a Huddle member and hyper-analytic FFer. I'll forever be a DMD supporter and huddle member. I owe a lot of my FF success over the years to the Huddle. I think it was 1998 when a co-worker at the time (now good friend) turned me on to the Huddle. The Huddle sparked the analyst in me, which at the time, I didn't realize existed. The Huddle showed me that trends existed in FF and I began noticing my own trends. Coincidentally or not, a couple of years after being a Huddle member, I went to school and earned a degree in finance and have built a career as an analyst/program manager. Now that I think about it, I owe a lot more than FF success to the Huddle and I mean that quite frankly. So, here's to you, DMD :brew: If I don't win this rt Championship, I'm rooting for you, brother :brew:

• Like 1

I have played in both and the weird thing is that at the FFPC I always draw a draft slot of 7, 8 or 9. At the RTS FC I always get 1, 2, 3 or 11, 12. My good team was a 12th draft pick.

The 12th pick must have been magical this year.

My team that finished 3rd place overall in the regular season the Dragons was 12th pick

My team with Jason that could be in the top 5 overall right now had we played Gurley/Tate was 12th pick

Maybe for a change I will be rooting on someone else here at the huddle in the final game type thread.

I was really hoping to have had a chance with 15 teams in the running but what a bad week it was last week. Not going to happen for me my best team is trotting out Woodhead at RB who disappeared because I lost Ingram and Dion Lewis.

Maybe for a change I will be rooting on someone else here at the huddle in the final game type thread.

I was really hoping to have had a chance with 15 teams in the running but what a bad week it was last week. Not going to happen for me my best team is trotting out Woodhead at RB who disappeared because I lost Ingram and Dion Lewis.

Your track record speaks for itself. Bad breaks.

I gotta say, I don't follow the advice of anyone but DMD's analysis is best in the business, imo and I live and die by his team defense positional rankings throughout the season. DMD's strength of schedule pre-season article also aids my drafting and is another tool I've relied on for over a decade. He doesn't get them all right (nobody does) but I've found DMD's analysis and player hunches to be more correct than other industry 'experts' over the last 17 or so years I've been a Huddle member and hyper-analytic FFer. I'll forever be a DMD supporter and huddle member. I owe a lot of my FF success over the years to the Huddle. I think it was 1998 when a co-worker at the time (now good friend) turned me on to the Huddle. The Huddle sparked the analyst in me, which at the time, I didn't realize existed. The Huddle showed me that trends existed in FF and I began noticing my own trends. Coincidentally or not, a couple of years after being a Huddle member, I went to school and earned a degree in finance and have built a career as an analyst/program manager. Now that I think about it, I owe a lot more than FF success to the Huddle and I mean that quite frankly. So, here's to you, DMD :brew: If I don't win this rt Championship, I'm rooting for you, brother :brew:

Thanks! I appreciate all you guys more than you could ever know. :brew:

Me team evolved into a heavy Carolina presences and I lost my TE twice and have ASJ and maybe Vance McDonald.

But Beckham, baldwin, Watkins and Demaryius Thomas can all go off and I need them to kick in the monster games. I also may be without J Stewart and have to use Woodhead or Matt Jones.

Been a tough year!

That was awesome! You really are a computer wizard, because that was some mystical taco. :bow: Any idea how to re-write the code so I can play a QB at flex?

And also, good luck to everyone who is in the running for numbers followed by a K. Here's hoping that your opponents are more injured than you are. :tup:

Edited by Boy Named Suh

Dropped David Johnson on the final Friday the absolute last day of waivers week 12 for RTS. I held him all year because I loved his talent but finally gave up as he was 3rd string and since waivers close you have to usually back up your kicker otherwise you might take a 0 in the playoffs and sometimes get a 3rd QB since last year I nearly lost the 200K when Newton got in a car accident and Cutler got benched so I picked up McCown for David Johnson...2 days later on Sunday Chris Johnson and Ellington go down and as we say the rest is history.

My team would have over 190 with Calvin left.........