[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Potentially valuable / available RBs this week

whomper

What are your thoughts on the crop of rbs that suddenly may have some value this week ? If Blount cant go, Bolden and white . In Seattle, Fred Jackson, Brown. Some of these guys may be rostered already in your leagues but who do you think has the most potential here ? I know predicting N.E running back value is like herding cats but lets hear what you think

edit to add Denard Robinson, Fozzy Whitaker , edited again to remove de"gone" harris

Edited by whomper

Of the crop identified in this thread, I would rank them 1) Robinson, 2) Harris, 3) Brown, 4) White - but only PPR, 5) Bolden - non-PPR, 6) Jackson, and 7) Gordon - I simply cannot bring myself to trust him at this juncture...maybe the sting of drafting him as an RB2 in one of my leagues will subside by next year's draft...nah, probably not...LOL

Yeah, the Harris/Brown situation is really kind of tricky and fluid at this point, because we don't truly know who Carroll is going to pick, yet (and, may not until AFTER the game)! Adding either one is really speculative...and, each game for Belichick's backfield is like Forrest Gump's "box of chocolates," you just never know what you're going to get...IMO, Robinson is really, by far, the "safest" add this week...

Edited by the outlaw

Oh, and if no one scooped-up Hightower last week, I would put him at #2 behind Robinson, as he is the clear-cut Ingram replacement, with Spiller remaining an after thought in Sean Payton's mind...it continues to baffle me why they're not utilizing him more, particularly now their season is shot...he should at least be on audition to either remain with the Saints next year, or be traded (assuming he's under contract and not a FA)...I honestly do not know his current contract status, and am too lazy to google it...LOL

yeah, given a choice I wouldn't touch that situation with a 10 ft pole

Eh.... with how the end of this season is shaking out, you never know.

And to everyone complaining about how bad this season is with injuries and what-not, I remember one season about a decade ago when I won a big-money league championship with DeShaun Foster and Skip Hicks (both UCLA grads), who were backup RBs, carrying my team.

This year's been bad.... but it happens.

I still prefer Brown (now that Harris is out of the picture), and think Bolden moves up the list now that Blount is definitely done...although, trying to guess what is going on inside of Belichick's head is still like throwing darts blindfolded, which is a very scary proposition to me...

Edited by the outlaw