[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you trust Stafford this week?

gilthorp

I find myself in a tough spot, and my instinct is to say that Stafford against the Saints is going to be a good match up with big point potential.

This is not a WDIS, but what other Stafford owners are in this spot where they held on to him for his (on paper) juicy Week 15/16 games...and do you trust him?

Stafford is actually available in one of my leagues, and I'm seriously contemplating dropping Tyrod Taylor to grab him for a semi-finals streaming start this week vs. the Saints...that would leave me with Stafford and Carr to choose from for Week 16 if I survive the semis...

Edited by the outlaw

Jameis Winston's below-par performance against the Saints, when everything was set up for him to blow up, gives me a little pause. The fact that it's the Thursday night tilt also gives me some pause.

I own him in a league where I also own Tyrod Taylor, and going with Stafford. Dome, so no weather implications.... terrible defenses... shootout... don't see how he scores less than 20 fantasy points in standard scoring. With the potential for much more.

Edit - got my primetime games mixed up... Lions/Saints is MNF.... loving the matchup for Stafford.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

My other option is Rodgers. If what we saw on Monday with McCarthy calling the plays, I think Stafford has to be played over Rodgers, but I know I'll be debating this all week long.

I don't want to wait until Monday, but I see a high potential shoot out in NO with plenty of more series instead of long grinding drives.

• Like 1

My other option is Rodgers. If what we saw on Monday with McCarthy calling the plays, I think Stafford has to be played over Rodgers

Imo McCarthy pounded the ball because Dallas couldn't stop it. Rodgers still threw it 35 times, I'm assuming Oakland will be able to slow down the running game better than Dallas did, especially in the 2nd half, but I may be assuming too much.

Edit..per yahoo Oakland hasn't given up more than 44 yds rushing since wk 10

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

I contemplated starting Stafford over Cam. I am probably going to start Cam, but I'd def start Stafford over many other QB's, not Palmer, Bortles, Brady, Rodges, or Brees but almost anyone else.

contemplating stafford over cam? stafford is going to start for ppl streaming qbs or have a qb like taylor/cutler etc , not who have a stud qb. unless you want to lose

• Like 1

contemplating stafford over cam? stafford is going to start for ppl streaming qbs or have a qb like taylor/cutler etc , not who have a stud qb. unless you want to lose

I'm in the same situation, and I don't see that decision as cut and dry as one would first think.......

My gut tells me to go with the guy who got me here >>> Cam.

However, the devils advocate in me wonders if the Panther's going to start getting cautious in these last few games as they've already locked up their division and are very close to locking down home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Do they start pulling Cam from games earlier than they normally would?? I have to assume they would rather have Cam healthy for the playoffs than get hurt going for a perfect record. Plus, it would be understandable to be cautious considering the sheer volume of injuries going on this season. If they pull him early from games, severely limits his scoring potential.......

I think the Detroit / Saints game will be a shootout and the Saints have the worst record in the league for QB points against.

I usually end up going with my gut (which in this case is Cam), but I don't think it's a clear cut decision.

I'm only hesitant because I got sucked into the "Saints D is horrible and you should play QB "X"" this weekend mantra, and they actually didn't play as bad as expected. With that being said, I'm going to plug him in because I do have a feeling it'll be a high scoring game.

I'm in the same situation, and I don't see that decision as cut and dry as one would first think.......

My gut tells me to go with the guy who got me here >>> Cam.

However, the devils advocate in me wonders if the Panther's going to start getting cautious in these last few games as they've already locked up their division and are very close to locking down home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Do they start pulling Cam from games earlier than they normally would?? I have to assume they would rather have Cam healthy for the playoffs than get hurt going for a perfect record. Plus, it would be understandable to be cautious considering the sheer volume of injuries going on this season. If they pull him early from games, severely limits his scoring potential.......

I think the Detroit / Saints game will be a shootout and the Saints have the worst record in the league for QB points against.

I usually end up going with my gut (which in this case is Cam), but I don't think it's a clear cut decision.

Yeah, this is why I am struggling a bit. Last time Stafford was against a bad secondary (my eagles), he went off like crazy. I am still probably going to play Cam, but I don't think it's a no brainer.

I feel a lot better about Stafford than I do about Eli Manning. I'm starting Stafford with confidence (relatively speaking) in a couple of leagues. Starting Russell over Eli in another, and Bortles (over Ryan) in another.

My one QB spot where I'm worried is Eli against Carolina, in a league where he's my only QB. Roster spots are limited, though, so there are waiver wire options (Fitz, Cutler, Ryan), but I'm not sure any of them have matchups that are much better. On the other hand, they all might have "safer" floors, in terms of worst-case scenario. My fear is that "bad Eli" comes out, and he has a 150-yard passing game with 3-4 INT's. :unsure:

Imo McCarthy pounded the ball because Dallas couldn't stop it. Rodgers still threw it 35 times, I'm assuming Oakland will be able to slow down the running game better than Dallas did, especially in the 2nd half, but I may be assuming too much.

Edit..per yahoo Oakland hasn't given up more than 44 yds rushing since wk 10

Something is wrong with their numbers, according to Pro Football Reference they gave up 109 rushing to Lions in week 11 and 89 to KC in week 13. I went to check the numbers because I wondered if the low rushing yards during that time were because they gave up a ton of passing yards, not really and they hadn't given up over 400 total yards to an offense since the nearly 600 yards to PIT in wk9.

They are 12th in the league on defense in rushing yards, but 8th in attempts skewing them up on average to 19th in the league. :nerd:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/2015.htm#team_gamelogs::none

Something is wrong with their numbers, according to Pro Football Reference they gave up 109 rushing to Lions in week 11 and 89 to KC in week 13. I went to check the numbers because I wondered if the low rushing yards during that time were because they gave up a ton of passing yards, not really and they hadn't given up over 400 total yards to an offense since the nearly 600 yards to PIT in wk9.

They are 12th in the league on defense in rushing yards, but 8th in attempts skewing them up on average to 19th in the league. :nerd:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/2015.htm#team_gamelogs::none

reading it again it says "haven't allowed an opposing rusher to top 44 yds" and idk if that's correct or not :shrug:
  • Like 1

go with the stats. the Saints D sucks. It is marginally better at home. Winston had a crappy game just like he is tonight. I am rolling with Stafford (though I really have no other option) and I feel good about it. Well, I feel not so bad about it. What are they gonna do, run the ball?

I'm rolling with the Stafford/Megatron stack this week on DK. Not so much because I think Stafford will go off, moreso because my league opponent has Brees/Megatron going Monday night. Therefore Cooks and Hightower are also excellent plays. I figure I can't lose one way or the other.