[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs CIN

BeeR

There ya go. There were no disparaging comments until this one. There's no point in this discussion anymore.

You didn't really just say that he did it first, so that excused me from anything I say or do afterward? Hmmm... maybe that is what Pacman Jones thinks too, and HIS actions cost his team the game.

Oh, and the above post was actually the first one, as if it matters.

GO BUNGLES!!!!

Edited by DiehardSteeler

Bottom line is that the refs were consistent on letting the coaches on the field if a player was injured not only in this game, but every other game throughout the history of time. and hence my BOOM it was done earlier in that game, but you still want flags on Porter being on the field....it makes no sense to me. Anyways onto the Broncos we have a chance especially with the refs on our side.

• Like 1

Classy

*sigh* Why am I even replying? Anyways, you quoted Captain Hook who has been the one supporting the Steelers, but you say Bungle fans have been the ones who started name calling? Dude, you're just one those who it's just best to let be. If we're so "unclassy" here, why even post on the boards? In my short time here, I have not seem any major issues dealing with individuals being "classy," but just football fans having healthy discussions and debates. It's unfortunate you feel that way, but the board will move on.

I find it quite humerus how the Bungle defenders resort to name calling and personal attacks in this thread. I guess they are following the example set by the Bengals sorry team full of people that couldn't control their emotions. Did they learn nothing Saturday night?

You stay classy Cincinnati.

Is anyone here defending the Bengals? :shrug:

• Like 1

*sigh* Why am I even replying? Anyways, you quoted Captain Hook who has been the one supporting the Steelers, but you say Bungle fans have been the ones who started name calling? Dude, you're just one those who it's just best to let be. If we're so "unclassy" here, why even post on the boards? In my short time here, I have not seem any major issues dealing with individuals being "classy," but just football fans having healthy discussions and debates. It's unfortunate you feel that way, but the board will move on.

Because he's a dumbass? :shrug:

:lol: I kid...

Pretty sure I haven't made any disparaging remarks towards anyone. Just fans being fans. All I'm trying to do is get the Steeler fans to take off the rose-colored glasses and admit they got helped some by the refs and that they should be more careful throwing stones at the 'classless' Bengal players. There was a lot of nastiness going on during that game from both sides.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 4

You completely miss the point. It doesn't matter who started what. I find it absolutely ironic that the Bungles couldn't control their emotions and it cost them the game, and at the same time Bungle supporters resort to personal attacks, i.e. couldn't control their emotions in this thread. Maybe you should consider rising above those tactics in the future instead.

Oh, and I never said anything about who started anything, that was you... like it matters.

Why do I post on the boards... I post when I have something to say. Is there some reason why that is important to you?

Edited by DiehardSteeler

Pretty sure I haven't made any disparaging remarks towards anyone. Just fans being fans. All I'm trying to do is get the Steeler fans to take off the rose-colored glasses and admit they got helped some by the refs and that they should be more careful throwing stones at the 'classless' Bengal players. There was a lot of nastiness going on during that game from both sides.

Haha, I like this guy!!!

And why is it that Bungle fans cannot recognize that the refs helped, and hurt both teams, and that it boils down to the Bungle imploded and THEIR actions, not the actions of the refs, Joe Porter, or anyone else cost them the game?

Edited by DiehardSteeler

Haha, I like this guy!!!

And why is it that Bungle fans cannot recognize that the refs helped, and hurt both teams, and that it boils down to the Bungle imploded and THEIR actions, not the actions of the refs, Joe Porter, or anyone else cost them the game?

Seriously, I don't think anyone is arguing against that. :shrug:

Predetermined prior to the wildcard round. Some stadiums have scheduling conflicts that determining which day they host but it otherwise seems random except it is usually 1 AFC and 1 NFC game each day.

Correct they are set when playoffs start. I think the NFL and the networks work this out, trying to get each one desirable games in a good time slot. I know that with ESPN now having a WC playoff game NBC's second game is in the divisional round, and Fox/CBS alternate losing a game each year. I think its a combination of WC and divion weekends giving each network some good games in good ratings slots. (ESPN gets the short end as the new guy.)

I don't think there is any set "seed 1 AFC/NFC on date/time" stuff. They also have to handle having a team in the west, and the early Sunday start that they cannot host that game. So for example, neither GB-AZ or PIT-DEN could be played at 1PM eastern on Sunday. (The time slots are fixed, pretty much same as WC round. They addressed this for conf champ games by having the early game start at 3:30PM Eastern (plus that puts the late game in primetime for better ratings.)

Playoff scheduling is a big topic on a sports broadcasting forum I'm on, but I don't pay a ton of attention to it. This year's WC weekend with both AFC on Saturday and both NFC on Sunday was a surprise nobody there saw coming, and was impacted by limitations on game date/time on Univ. of Minn campus.

You completely miss the point. It doesn't matter who started what. I find it absolutely ironic that the Bungle couldn't control their emotions and it cost them the game, and at the same time Bungle supporters resort to personal attacks, i.e. couldn't control their emotions in this thread. Maybe you should consider rising above those tactics in the future instead.

Oh, and I never said anything about who started anything, that was you... like it matters.

Why do I posy on the boards... I post when I have something to say. Is there some reason why that is important to you?

What in the seven hells are you even talking about?

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love Marvin Jones, he should be the Bungles coach for life! So what if Burfict was completely out of control, he should be rewarded with more playing time. No need to take him out of the game to at least cool him off, that makes no sense at all.

Speaking of Burfict, he is is an awesome guy, it is an outrage that he cannot decapitate a defenseless receiver. What a class act.

Pacman Jones isn't allowed to go through a ref to get to Porter... come on man, Pacman is another awesome guy why are the refs picking on him. They shouldn't care if an elite NFL athlete shoves them.

And the Giovanni Bernard play, the refs obviously favor Pittsburgh since they prematurely blew the whistle taking away what should have been a TD. Oh wait... that favors the Bungles... never mind.

That sound you hear is the sound of a bunch of absolute thugs getting exactly what they deserve, yet another loss. That's fate biting them in the arse.

GO BUNGLES!!!! AKA, the Steelers' whipping boys. HAHAHAHAHAHA

And many Steeler fans wonder why they are hated by so many. Stay classy folks.

PS When did Marvin Jones become the Bengals coach? I thought that was Marvin Lewis?

:pc: Your first post was yesterday.

Ha-ha, that loser (footballmike93079) was probably headed to my ignore list, that makes it a definite, figured he was just a PIT homer troll. Great he came from the ESPN boards, one of the great cesspools of losers.

Steeler fans will never take off their rose colored glasses. They believe the NFL consists of the following eras

2005-2008 seasons - 2 Super Bowl wins in 4 years

1974-1979 seasons - 4 Super Bowl wins in 6 years

The rest of NFL history didn't happen or is meaningless, especially the years prior to the 70s when the Steelers won about 30% of their games. (I count 7 winning seasons in almost 40 years, their start in 1933 to 1971.) If you bring up a pre SB era championship they'd say it was ancient history, even in the late 90s and early 2000s when it had been 20 years since they last won. But they're the greatest team evah...

Though not all of them are tools, I work with one that's a nice guy and even said he felt bad for Bengals fans they way they lost. While the PIT fans here were celebrating Bernards crippling hit like that tool Shazier. And now act like it was their superior play that won the game

I've read whole damn thread and am still confused...have we figured out who is actually getting their shot yet?

I think Burfict took his shot, Bernard and A. Brown received a shot, Joey Porter once got shot and Big Ben made a girl do too many shots.

Oh and Pacman should have shot up and stopped running his mouth

• Like 5

I think Burfict took his shot, Bernard and A. Brown received a shot, Joey Porter once got shot and Big Ben made a girl do too many shots.

Oh and Pacman should have shot up and stopped running his mouth

Pacman is usually the one shooting, literally.