[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs CIN

BeeR

I missed this. I didn't see Pacman come close to making contact with him. If this is accurate I'll change my mind.

Um, that's what the second flag was for lol(after Burfect's personal foul on Brown). Pacman was flagged for pushing Joey Porter. Check the link below.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/01/10/pacman-jones-push-joey-porter-video/

Not sure Jones ever actually makes contact with Porter. Not the best camera angle to determine that. But he definitely yelled at him.

I'm still scratching my head about why there wasn't a penalty on that Pitt guy that hit Bernard helmet to helmet. I know there was animosity going into the game but that no call seemed to make things worse. You get a helmet to helmet hit that wasn't called. On top of that, Pitt gets a fumble recovery. The game seemed to be out of control after that.

This has been the worst year in terms of consistency in calls. I don't even know what a catch is anymore.

• Like 2

I'm still scratching my head about why there wasn't a penalty on that Pitt guy that hit Bernard helmet to helmet.

Cincy Coach on the sideline goes grab ass...15 yard penalty

Shawn Williams lowering his shoulder on Wheaton's chest on a good clean hit....15 yard penalty

G Bernard gets blatant helmet to helmet in red zone....Steerler's ball on fumble.

Adam Jones shadow boxes Porter for an automatic win FG.

This is why people are complaining about the NFL.

• Like 4

Not sure Jones ever actually makes contact with Porter. Not the best camera angle to determine that. But he definitely yelled at him.

I'm still scratching my head about why there wasn't a penalty on that Pitt guy that hit Bernard helmet to helmet. I know there was animosity going into the game but that no call seemed to make things worse. You get a helmet to helmet hit that wasn't called. On top of that, Pitt gets a fumble recovery. The game seemed to be out of control after that.

This has been the worst year in terms of consistency in calls. I don't even know what a catch is anymore.

The call was missed plain and simple. However, Mike Carey did agree with the no-call.

Overall, I thought the officials did not favor one side. But in terms of officiating inconsistency this year, it really has been wild when you consider the process of a catch and what is considered a "legal hit." Reminds me of plays at the plate in the MLB. The players don't really know the exact rules and the officials don't really know how to enforce them.

This is why people are complaining about the NFL.

If you have a problem with the NFL, don't watch it. Trust me, they won't miss you. The NFL won't miss anyone who plans to boycott. I don't agree with all the rule changes or the changes to make the game "safer" but when I sit down, I know what to expect. Edited by footballmike93079

The helmet to helmet on Bernard was the "ONE" play they should have thrown the flag on to make things safer. And everything else was bulltaco.

I hope you mean prior to the thug hit on Antonio. It wasn't h2h but certainly a shoulder directed to head.. Deon Sanders is a tool for trying to stand up for a thug like Burfect

I'm a Homer and I'm not sure what that flag on Jones was for. Initially play by play said an official got shoved. After seeing the replay I'm left scratching my head but I'll take it I guess .

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 1

Dam, I take a nap, and as expected, this thread is still going. :lol:

Like I said earlier, Jones wasn't doing anything crazy on the last play, but he should know to stay away from the refs. I don't even think the ref saw him (Jones) touch his shoulder when he threw the flag. That was just sad all around.

I missed this. I didn't see Pacman come close to making contact with him. If this is accurate I'll change my mind.

:lol: seriously?

I challenge one person to show me Porter being out of line. Gilberry bumps him, a guy grabs a fistful of his coat, and then Jones pushes him.

:lol: seriously?

I challenge one person to show me Porter being out of line. Gilberry bumps him, a guy grabs a fistful of his coat, and then Jones pushes him.

"Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter will be fined for coming on to field Saturday night and engaging Bengals players, per a source."

Adam Schefter

Watch the videos below. Porter clearly says something to Jones, Jones replies back, and the ref throws the flag on Jones. I'm not sure why he threw the flag? Was it because Jones touched the ref?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444386/what-happened-between-adam-jones-joey-porter-at-end-of-steelers-bengals

but when I sit down, I know what to expect.

When I sit down to watch a game I expect an evenly, unbiased and well officiated game with fair, balanced and clear-cut rules for all three phases of the game. be nice to have some well informed, knowledgeable and unbiased announcers, but I can always tune them out. What we have now for officiating is a joke.

• Like 1

The call was missed plain and simple. However, Mike Carey did agree with the no-call.

Which is meaningful because........Carey blows. I've seen him make numerous blatant wrong calls this year.

The non-call on Bernand was a joke. It's OK to spear a guy if he's a runner vs a receiver? ?? If that's how the rule is, the rule is absurd.

If you have a problem with the NFL, don't watch it. Trust me, they won't miss you. The NFL won't miss anyone who plans to boycott.

They will if enough people do it.

I don't agree with all the rule changes or the changes to make the game "safer" but when I sit down, I know what to expect.

What high standards you have.

Edited by BeeR

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive teams end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul. Note: The tackle box no longer exists once the ball leaves the tackle box.

Bernard was clearly outside the tackle box. Horrible non-call

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive teams end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul. Note: The tackle box no longer exists once the ball leaves the tackle box.

Bernard was clearly outside the tackle box. Horrible non-call

+1

And it was that horrible no-call that really got the game spiraling out of control.

The hit on Bernard should have been called. Leading with the crown is a PF, regardless of whether someone is defenceless or a runner or whatever. But it's not the same as Burfict launching into Brown. Bernard turned right before he got hit. 1/2 difference would be clean tackle, no injury, no penalty. But rules are rules and if you're going to call leading with crown in name of safety that has to get called.

And pacman deserved the call, even at that point in the game. Porter is backing up, walking away. Jones launches himself into the scrum and into the ref, either trying to grab or punch Porter. He's 32 years old, and should be smart enough to let whatever Porter might have said go. But he's not smart.

Hill deserves more than a little blame, too for not being too smart even though he's young. You don't fight for 2 or 3 extra yards when the game is in hand, giving the defense that much more time to strip it.