[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs CIN

BeeR

Which is meaningful because........Carey blows. I've seen him make numerous blatant wrong calls this year.

The non-call on Bernand was a joke. It's OK to spear a guy if he's a runner vs a receiver? ?? If that's how the rule is, the rule is absurd.

They will if enough people do it.

What high standards you have.

Like I said earlier, the Bernard call was missed. Mike Carey "blowing" is your opinion. Also, as I mentioned before, it clearly seems as of the players do not know the exact rules while the officials do not know how to enforce them in terms of a "legal" hit. Fingers all point to Roger Goodell on that one.

As for people boycotting the NFL, what makes you think you are so special? New flash: the NFL doesn't care about you or anyone else. If you or anyone else wants to stop watching , go for it. The NFL will continue to roll in money. You should write a letter to Roger and explain how upset you are he should definitely get back to you. Better yet you and your buddies should start up a petition...that'll really get'em!

And my view on the NFL has nothing to due with "higher standards." I just know what to expect when I'm watching a professional football game these days plain and simple. Which leads me back to my previous point.....if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Edited by footballmike93079

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive teams end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul. Note: The tackle box no longer exists once the ball leaves the tackle box.[/size]Bernard was clearly outside the tackle box. Horrible non-call[/size]

I don't understand. It's been clearly established that this was a missed call. What do you want to happen after the fact?

"Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter will be fined for coming on to field Saturday night and engaging Bengals players, per a source."

Adam Schefter

Watch the videos below. Porter clearly says something to Jones, Jones replies back, and the ref throws the flag on Jones. I'm not sure why he threw the flag? Was it because Jones touched the ref?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444386/what-happened-between-adam-jones-joey-porter-at-end-of-steelers-bengals

Seriously? Jones appears to make contact with Porter with a shove. That's why he got the flag. Doesn't matter what Porter was saying.

Like I said earlier, the Bernard call was missed. Mike Carey "blowing" is your opinion. Also, as I mentioned before, it clearly seems as of the players do not know the exact rules while the officials do not know how to enforce them in terms of a "legal" hit. Fingers all point to Roger Goodell on that one.

No arguments on any of that.

As for people boycotting the NFL, what makes you think you are so special? New flash: the NFL doesn't care about you or anyone else. If you or anyone else wants to stop watching , go for it. The NFL will continue to roll in money. You should write a letter to Roger and explain how upset you are he should definitely get back to you. Better yet you and your buddies should start up a petition...that'll really get'em!

Not sure how or why, but the point flew right over your head. And please get someone to explain the word "people." It does not equate to one person, FYI.

And my view on the NFL has nothing to due with "higher standards"

Clearly.

Seriously? Jones appears to make contact with Porter with a shove. That's why he got the flag. Doesn't matter what Porter was saying.

Wow. If he made contact it was his fingertips, if that! Porter is not supposed to be out there! I'm not saying Pac didn't deserve the flag, but there should've been a lot more flags thrown will all of that crap going on.

ETA: I still don't know what the flag was for. Pac and Porter or Pac and the ref?

Edited by Shaft

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love Marvin Jones, he should be the Bungles coach for life! So what if Burfict was completely out of control, he should be rewarded with more playing time. No need to take him out of the game to at least cool him off, that makes no sense at all.

Speaking of Burfict, he is is an awesome guy, it is an outrage that he cannot decapitate a defenseless receiver. What a class act.

Pacman Jones isn't allowed to go through a ref to get to Porter... come on man, Pacman is another awesome guy why are the refs picking on him. They shouldn't care if an elite NFL athlete shoves them.

And the Giovanni Bernard play, the refs obviously favor Pittsburgh since they prematurely blew the whistle taking away what should have been a TD. Oh wait... that favors the Bungles... never mind.

That sound you hear is the sound of a bunch of absolute thugs getting exactly what they deserve, yet another loss. That's fate biting them in the arse.

GO BUNGLES!!!! AKA, the Steelers' whipping boys. HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's no wonder that there is so much complaining about the officiating. So many of you guys are blind and/or stupid.

For whatever reason, the refs did not deem Porter's presence a foul. They were removing an injured player from the field. How many times have you seen players and coaches come off the sideline to console a badly injured player? They are gonna fine him? Whatever. Steelers were probably mad at Burfict for coming over to talk to a player he had just tried to injure.

Jones clearly makes contact with Porter. You can argue with how much, but Porter was saying nothing and backing away when Jones came through an official to shove him. What does it matter though? He made contact with Porter AND an official. Both are penalties.

Some of you guys just look for reasons to be mad. Bengals completely blew that game with undisciplined play. And two guys that have a history of thuggery as well. But please continue to defend them.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

And the Giovanni Bernard play, the refs obviously favor Pittsburgh since they prematurely blew the whistle taking away what should have been a TD. Oh wait... that favors the Bungles... never mind.

A Steeler fan whining about the call on the Bernard helmet to helmet is rich. Pittsburgh was gifted that win on non calls and dumb luck. I'd keep my head low and hope your rapist QB heals and not complain about classless players on other teams. I certainly hope no Hawk fan in the MIN-SEA starts puffing his chest out.

• Like 1

It's no wonder that there is so much complaining about the officiating. So many of you guys are blind and/or stupid.

For whatever reason, the refs did not deem Porter's presence a foul. They were removing an injured player from the field. How many times have you seen players and coaches come off the sideline to console a badly injured player? They are gonna fine him? Whatever. Steelers were probably mad at Burfict for coming over to talk to a player he had just tried to injure.

Jones clearly makes contact with him. You can argue with how much, but Porter was saying nothing and backing away when Jones came threw an official to shove him.

Some of you guys just look for reasons to be mad. Bengals completely blew that game with undisciplined play. And two guys that have a history of thuggery as well. But please continue to defend them.

Dude, who is mad? I said Jones should've been flagged, but if so, so should other players. It's the awful inconsistency in officiating that's frustrating, especially when games are decided on subjective unsportsmanlike calls.

Dude, who is mad? I said Jones should've been flagged, but if so, so should other players. It's the awful inconsistency in officiating that's frustrating, especially when games are decided on subjective unsportsmanlike calls.

They missed a live bang bang play where Shazier lowered his head. I didn't even notice it until slow motion instant replay. Those happen multiple times a game.

They missed a live bang bang play where Shazier lowered his head. I didn't even notice it until slow motion instant replay. Those happen multiple times a game.

I agree, but when the game is on the line and there are inconsistencies on when a "technical foul" is called, it's just annoying. Everybody was cussing and pushing at the end of that play, multiple flags should have be thrown. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Jones clearly makes contact with Porter. You can argue with how much, but Porter was saying nothing and backing away when Jones came through an official to shove him. What does it matter though? He made contact with Porter AND an official. Both are penalties.

:lol:

To me this is well said ?

• Like 1

They missed a live bang bang play where Shazier lowered his head.

It was the most egregious PF in the game. If the new era of NFL includes referres continuing to insert themselves with game changing penalties then missing the obvious ones is inexcusable. The NFL is a diminished product because of it.

This is the realism you are failing to acknowledge in your rush to defend bad officiating.

A Steeler fan whining about the call on the Bernard helmet to helmet is rich. Pittsburgh was gifted that win on non calls and dumb luck. I'd keep my head low and hope your rapist QB heals and not complain about classless players on other teams. I certainly hope no Hawk fan in the MIN-SEA starts puffing his chest out.

Ahem, you miss the point. You are bitching and whining about unfair calls made against the Bengals, and my point is that you are ignoring the clearly blown call that cost the Steelers a TD. You can't cry about the refs being bias when they are costing the Steelers a TD. Also, please explain to me why Berfect is allowed to take off his helmet while in the field of play. He does so over on the Steelers sidelines complementing the Steelers players' mothers I am sure, and also why isn't he flagged for running through the tunnel, and coming back with his helmet off while trotting to the sidelines. Both are illegal.

As for Porter's presence, I know of no rule where he cannot come onto the field to assist Brown off the field.

Anyway, Bernard caught the ball, put 2 feet down, turned and made a move up field before contact was made. He was then a runner, not a defenseless receiver. The defender did not launch his body, but lowered his head and ran through the player... a perfectly legal play. The refs blew the whistle costing the Steelers a TD.

Bottom line... too effing bad, the team that showed class won the game and the team that is full of a bunch of thugs lost because they deserved it.

Keep in mind the Steeler defense held a shutout going into the 4th quarter so the "dumb luck" accusation is pretty wrong. I repeat...you do realize the Steelers where penalized MORE than the Bengals last night. Idk where Pitt was heavily favored in the penalty department. And as far as non calls are concerned, I only saw 1 (the Shazier hit on Bernard). Porter acting classless is your opinion....but who on the Steelers was acting classless?! The lack of class was clearly on the Bengals sideline.

It was the most egregious PF in the game. If the new era of NFL includes referres continuing to insert themselves with game changing penalties then missing the obvious ones is inexcusable. The NFL is a diminished product because of it.

This is the realism you are failing to acknowledge in your rush to defend bad officiating.

I call BS, they got exactly what they deserved.

GO BUNGLES!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow. I didn't know you were on the field and know that Porter was saying nothing. Which guy were you?

Keep in mind the Steeler defense held a shutout going into the 4th quarter so the "dumb luck" accusation is pretty wrong. I repeat...you do realize the Steelers where penalized MORE than the Bengals last night. Idk where Pitt was heavily favored in the penalty department. And as far as non calls are concerned, I only saw 1 (the Shazier hit on Bernard). Porter acting classless is your opinion....but who on the Steelers was acting classless?! The lack of class was clearly on the Bengals sideline.

BINGO... We have a winner.