[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Mortensen diagnosed with stage IV throat cancer

rajncajn

http://deadspin.com/espns-chris-mortensen-diagnosed-with-throat-cancer-1753241382

“More than a week ago, I was diagnosed with a Stage IV throat cancer,” Mortensen said in a statement Friday. “My focus shifted significantly to gathering information about the specifics of this cancer. The initial diagnosis was confirmed Friday and there is another test remaining that will determine the best possible treatment plan that will commence in the very immediate future.

“Consequently, with the support and encouragement from ESPN president John Skipper and many others at ESPN, I am temporarily stepping away from my normal NFL coverage duties to better engage this opportunity to fight the good fight that is projected to affect almost 1.7 million Americans with new cases in 2016.

“I have many inspirational examples of men, women and children who have faced this very fight. We all know somebody, right? I also have the love and prayers of my wife Micki, my family, my friends, colleagues and, most of all, my faith that serve as sources of tremendous strength. I have a peace about this and look forward to the battle.”

Cancer has been a real smoochieing son-of-a-bitch recently. :(

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

Get well Mort.

Cancer sucks (got both my mom and dad).

Super sorry to hear that rileyrott. My heart goes out to you. One of my best friends was diagnosed with colon cancer nearly 6 months ago, but through perseverance, a good attitude, great doctors, surgery, and chemo (of course), he was declared cancer free three weeks ago. :celb: Hoping it stays away as he's only 42 years old.

As for Mort, keep up the good fight bro and kick its azz. :boxing: