[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No-class Newton quick exits from press conference

BeeR

https://twitter.com/jimrome/status/696552159979024384

Cam's presser was weak. If you're going to celebrate when you win, you've got to face the music when you lose.

- Jim Rome

Edited by Wolverines Fan
  • Like 2

I actually thought all the Cam hating going on this year was over the top. Now after seeing how he handled that press conference I totally get it. He makes himself look like a fool with the way he handled that. I do recall this being his normal self now, I guess it just kind of slipped my mind considering they only lost one game this year up until this point. He clearly still has some growing up to do.

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 4

I actually thought all the Cam hating going on this year was over the top. Now after seeing how he handled that press conference I totally get it. He makes himself look like a fool with the way he handled that. I do recall this being his normal self now, I guess it just kind of slipped my mined considering they only lost one game this year up until this point. He clearly still has some growing up to do.

Exactly. It's easy when you're winning every game. I knew the real Cam Newton would show up with a tough loss . . . and he did!

• Like 1

I have been a big supporter of him this year, but that was unacceptable. As the quarterback, you have to face the music when your team loses, but even more so with the way that he acts when he wins. That being said, I still think its a little bit of an overreach saying that he is classless. I agree with the sentiment that he has some growing up to do, it will be interesting to see what kind of player we see next season. Does he come out humble and focused or the same over-the-top celebrator that sometimes looks like the stage is too professional for him.

• Like 1

He certainly handled this poorly, but maybe this is what it will take for him to wake up. I am curious to see if he will do everything the same next season or if he will tone it down.

He has done this at press conferences many, many times. You just didn't see it this year because they weren't ever losing.

He has done this at press conferences many, many times. You just didn't see it this year because they weren't ever losing.

I get that, but the magnitude of this moment is much bigger than anything he has experienced before. I am curious to see if this wakes him up

I get that, but the magnitude of this moment is much bigger than anything he has experienced before. I am curious to see if this wakes him up

At 26 years old? Maybe he learns to hide it more, but I honestly believe what you saw in that press conference and on the sidelines is who he is. The poor behavior is spun as him just having fun when they were winning, but it's poor sportsmanship nonetheless and now you see the ugly side of it when they lose.

• Like 1

At 26 years old? Maybe he learns to hide it more, but I honestly believe what you saw in that press conference and on the sidelines is who he is. The poor behavior is spun as him just having fun when they were winning, but it's poor sportsmanship nonetheless and now you see the ugly side of it when they lose.

I agree with you, his past shows us that this is who he is. This isn't new behavior for him, but this moment is at another level and just maybe he will man up and realize he needs to change his attitude.

He looked like he was going to throw a temper tantrum of toddler levels on the field a couple times. I thought he was going to start flailing around on the ground because he didn't get a rough call in the 4th quarter when they almost took the safety.

• Like 3

Pratts an angry Panther fan. Vent man vent ahhhhh feels good doesn't it. Still Carolina got whooped like they stole something.

Whooped like they stole something? Their defense was great, just not as dominant as the Broncos. If you said that the Carolina offense got whooped like they stole something that would be more correct, but to say the Panthers as a team got whooped is not even close to correct.

• Like 1

to me CAM was exposed as a football player on and off the field . Not saying at all he is a bad human ( actually i know he does a lot of charity work and seems like a good person OFF the field ) but as a football player he really has been exposed

Over the top , arrogant winner and horrible , classless loser

Not goof

https://twitter.com/jimrome/status/696552159979024384

Cam's presser was weak. If you're going to celebrate when you win, you've got to face the music when you lose.

- Jim Rome

THIS. You're so quick to dab and rub it in opponents faces when you win, but you act like a little bitch when you lose. I said it in a different thread - this guy lacks class and gamesmanship - which is why he's getting all the criticism these past 5-6 weeks.. Hopefully he grows up - but he's digging himself one bigass hole to climb out of..