[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm in Portland this week....

Gopher

Dinner Options  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Brewery?

• Deschutes (Downtown)
    • Widmer Bros.
    • Other

I've been working long days, so I haven't really "explored" at all. Eating dinner at my hotel at 9 PM, etc. So, since I head back north tomorrow, I figured I would go see something different tonight. Beer comes to mind, first and foremost, although I'm looking for a place that has decent food as well.

Deschutes vs Widmer vs ??

Thoughts?

Edited by Gopher

Yeah, knowing how much "action" this forum gets, I should have posed the question a week in advance (rather than a couple of hours). I ended up heading down to Widmer Bros, if for no other reason than it was close to where I'm working (about 7-10 minutes away). Had a sampler (they let you pick your own), consisting of the following:

Hopside Down IPL

Skinwalker Black Ale

Upheaval IPA

Shamona Black Witbier

Droptop Amber Ale

Testament Double Red Ale

I also tried a sample of the Alt Beer (the first beer they brewed), and washed it all down with some Hefeweizen. I wanted to try the Kill Devil Brown Ale and the Ginger Barrell Aged Brrrbon '13, but at 9.5%and 10.7% ABV respectively, I figured I might not be able to find my way back to the hotel if I did. :lol:

For food, I had their tacos of the day (some sort of shredded chicken with peanut slaw on soft corn tortillas), as well as mini/app orders of the wings and sausage fondue. Not bad, but nothing special. The garlic chili wings were the best part, by far, food-wise.

All in all, it was a good experience. It's always fun to try a few beers (most of which I hadn't had before). :)

That looks like fun, and might be something to do with the wife on a Saturday, if we can ever find a weekend to get away (w/o kids). Last night was just a last-minute decision, as I realized that I just couldn't eat at my hotel for the third night in a row. I've been working late/long days, and getting back to the hotel just in time to eat and crash.

Headed back to Lacey/Olympia today.