[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty/rookie drafts

I like Boyd more than most (who think his situation sucks for some reason). But not top-5, that's a little insane given some of the other names that could be there.

:shrug: is he better than Marvin Jones or Sanu?

:shrug: is he better than Marvin Jones or Sanu?

Maybe. Maybe not. But with both of those guys elsewhere, a Jones/Sanu type could flourish.

I mean, had only one of those guy left, LaFell would still be looking for work and we'd be talking about the remaining Bengal as a nice WR2 sleeper. IMO...

My dynasty draft starts next Monday...I have the 1.01 and 1.06 pick. Know who I will take at 1.01 but will have to see who falls to 1.06. Highly doubt Doctson, Treadwell or Coleman will be there...probably Fuller though.

I'd take the Saints or Giants WR before Fuller

• Like 2

My guess is any good owner will ask for a kings ransom to trade out of that pick.

He will. He is notorious for it. But I am very very deep at WR and just might give up one of the bigger names for Elliott. I have Hyde and Charles but both are coming off injuries and Charles is getting up there. I may have the throw the kitchen sink at him, but I am leaning more and more each day that Elliott is the perfect storm of a rookie RB - All Pro QB, TE and WR and the best O line in football. Can't stock the box. Plus the defense is awful so there is potential for many high scoring games.

I have depth at WR so I may go for it. Just don;t know if he will bite.

For me, Coleman is the clear number 2. I think he will fit into a professional offense quickly and he is going to be the number 1 guy in Cleveland whereas all the other receivers have a lot of competition for targets.

Once he gets into one I agree.

• Like 1

:lol: I was gonna say....

Someone may need to watch some Baylor football.

I don't think my statement alluded to me believing that Baylor has a pro-style offense.

I simply stated that I believe that Corey Coleman's game will translate well to the NFL. Not only is he a physical beast but he has really good ball skills, knows how to high point the ball and goes to get it. He isn't going to be blowing anyone away with his route running but that can be learned. Griffin throws a good deep ball and Coleman runs a good deep route. I like the potential in Cleveland, certainly more than Treadwell in a run first offense that rarely takes the top of the defense and Doctson who is competing for time and targets with Jackson, Garcon, Reed, and Crowder.

I don't think my statement alluded to me believing that Baylor has a pro-style offense.

I simply stated that I believe that Corey Coleman's game will translate well to the NFL. Not only is he a physical beast but he has really good ball skills, knows how to high point the ball and goes to get it. He isn't going to be blowing anyone away with his route running but that can be learned. Griffin throws a good deep ball and Coleman runs a good deep route. I like the potential in Cleveland, certainly more than Treadwell in a run first offense that rarely takes the top of the defense and Doctson who is competing for time and targets with Jackson, Garcon, Reed, and Crowder.

:unsure:

Cordarrelle Patterson disagrees...

:unsure:

Cordarrelle Patterson disagrees...

To me, Coleman is an entirely different player than Patterson, but you can make the comparison. The question was who do you take after Elliot. To me, its Coleman and I am not thinking twice about it. You are all entitled to your own opinion as well.

To me, Coleman is an entirely different player than Patterson, but you can make the comparison. The question was who do you take after Elliot. To me, its Coleman and I am not thinking twice about it. You are all entitled to your own opinion as well.

Go read Mike Wallace's scouting report. That's a better comp than Patterson.

Not making a comparison, just showing one of many examples. Seems like we're hearing the "learn route running" line more lately, and very few ever actually learn it.

Please post any rookie draft results in here if you can...I can see Elliott going number 1 but after that it's a bit murky. Think you can make a case for 5-6 different players going in the next spots.

Thanks...

DFWC had 35 rookie drafts kick off on Monday. (PPR)

There was a clear #1 and then a clear 2-4 tier. At 5 is where anything went.

#1 pick in all 35 was Elliot.

#2,#3,#4 picks in some order were Treadwell, Doctoson and Coleman nearly every one of those picks.

Treadwell was the favorite though at 2 with the other 2 guys neck and neck.

Treadwell went #2 21 times

Doctson went #2 8 times

Coleman went #2 6 times

D-Henry was picked #3 once (Treadwell fell to #5 in this one)

Shepard was picked #4 twice (Coleman fell to #5 in one of them and Doctson fell to #6 in the other)

Shepard seemed to be the most popular pick after the big 4 (went top 5 in 15 of the 35 drafts)

• Like 2

Yeah if you have #5 you're best served moving down, cuz you'll find someone that's enamored with a guy who's going a few picks later that'll probably be willing to move up.

I've read that this class is weak, which I totally disagree with. Yes there are some less than ideal situations (Caroo, Henry), but teams don't spend high picks on these guys just to let them rot on the bench. They are going to get their shot.

I have a gripload of rookie drafts kicking off this weekend... finally sitting down and analyzing IDPs after a week or so of dissecting the offensive guys. There are some players/situations I absolutely LOVE, and a nice chunk of guys that I love in the middle rounds that may not have the best situation, but are wildly talented.... or not supremely talented but talented enough and in excellent positions to succeed.

Let the games begin. :fball:

First 20 picks in my dynasty, 1/2 PPR league rookie draft...no IDP

1.01 Zeke

1.02 Henry

1.03 Coleman

1.04 Treadwell

1.05 Doctson

1.06 Shepard

1.07 Booker

1.08 Thomas

1.09 Dixon

1.10 Fuller

1.11 Prosise

1.12 Henry, Hunter

1.13 Hooper, Austin

1.14 Boyd

2.01 Perkins

2.02 Lynch

2.03 Marshall, Keith

2.04 Mitchell, Malcolm

2.05 Goff

2.06 Howard, Jordan

I had the 1.01 and 1.06 pick...got Zeke with 1.01 and then traded out of the 1.06 one pick up and grabbed Doctson with the 1.05.

Had the 2.06 pick and couldn't pass up Jordan Howard, although Wentz was still on the board and thought he was also a great pick at that price.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

First 8 picks in my dynasty, 1/2 PPR league rookie draft...

1. Zeke

2. Henry

3. Coleman

4. Treadwell

5. Doctson

6. Shepard

7. Booker

8. Thomas

I had the 1.01 and 1.06 pick...got Zeke with 1.01 and then traded out of the 1.06 one pick up and grabbed Doctson with the 1.05.

I'm sitting at 1.05 in one league, really hoping there's a Henry nuthugger in the top 4.