[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty/rookie drafts

Wendell Smallwood is getting a lot of praise in Philly. Looks like he'll at a minimum be PPR gold when Sproles leaves. And there is still a chance Sproles gets traded before training camp.

Yup. And at least one beat writer believes that the team would feel comfortable with him as their feature back, too.

And because it's fresh in my mind... hate to go all InToolWeTrust on you, but I really like Dak Prescott for the price you have to pay. I mean, Jared Goff is going... what, like 2nd round? Why? The Rams' offense is going to be all about Todd Gurley.

Carson Wentz? The measurables and upside are nice, but the level of competition thing has to be a concern.

I like Paxton Lynch, but why not grab someone with as much upside 3-4 rounds later?

Prescott has all the tools and is backing up an injury prone (and let's face it, older) QB in Tony Romo. With QB being less and less of a priority in terms of fantasy drafting, it stands to reason that you can throw darts later on in drafts and hit home runs rather than spend high draft picks on guys that are in worse situations. Not letting the knucklehead moves he's made affect my decision much here.... plus, if he doesn't pan out, I've just wasted a 6th or 7th round pick... as opposed to spending a 2nd or 3rd on a guy like Wentz, Goff or Lynch.... who have just as much of a chance of busting (or just being "decent game managers with limited fantasy upside").

Edited by darin3

Prescott is a dynasty stash at best. His mechanics are janky and he's at best like a Romo, three years away from competing for a starting job. Moore or a crappy veteran is the backup to Romo. If it ends up being Prescott and he fills in for an injured Romo, I think his NFL career will be over before it started, he'll get overwhelmed. He's just not ready. Alot of work to do with him. In the mean time, you have NFL ready QB's from this years draft and in the next couple of drafts to gamble on.

• Like 1

Prescott is a dynasty stash at best. His mechanics are janky and he's at best like a Romo, three years away from competing for a starting job. Moore or a crappy veteran is the backup to Romo. If it ends up being Prescott and he fills in for an injured Romo, I think his NFL career will be over before it started, he'll get overwhelmed. He's just not ready. Alot of work to do with him. In the mean time, you have NFL ready QB's from this years draft and in the next couple of drafts to gamble on.

My point was I'd rather wait until the later rounds for a dynasty stash like Prescott than burn a 1st/2nd rounder on Goff, whose upside is Matt Ryan, or Wentz, who has a ton of question marks.

We've all seen that you can "wait on QB", and the theory translates into rookie drafting.

I grabbed Lynch in one of my rookie drafts as I felt he dropped a bit and with Brees as my QB1, figured I'd gamble a bit.

Wendell Smallwood is getting a lot of praise in Philly. Looks like he'll at a minimum be PPR gold when Sproles leaves. And there is still a chance Sproles gets traded before training camp.

Nothing of fantasy note here, however, that's a rough name to be saddled with.

Nothing of fantasy note here, however, that's a rough name to be saddled with.

I just wish he was taken between Deon Bush and Willie Beavers. Eisen would've totally lost it.

I just wish he was taken between Deon Bush and Willie Beavers. Eisen would've totally lost it.

That would've made for great TV.

:blink: Are you sure about that?

Agree.

Smallwood probably has the best shot at being a league winner of all the 15th + round (redraft) RB's out there. He can catch passes and he plays behind Ryan 'glass legs' Mathews. What more can you want from late 2nd round rookie pick?

Thoughts on Miles Killebrew? Current indications are that Su'a Cravens is going to play weakside LB in Washington, so that pretty much only leaves Joseph and Neal above Killebrew now, no?

Thoughts on Miles Killebrew? Current indications are that Su'a Cravens is going to play weakside LB in Washington, so that pretty much only leaves Joseph and Neal above Killebrew now, no?

I have Killebrew, Sean Davis (PIT) and Darian Thompson (NYG) fairly close. Close enough where I could see them going in any order.

Davis has little competition and can play both safety spots. Thompson also has little competition but Landon Collins is a stat sheet stuffer so his upside may be on the limited side.

Personally I'd probably favor Davis slightly over Killebrew but Killebrew has some Collins or Kam Chancellor to his game... big thumper that can also defend the pass.

Edited by darin3

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11340/jeff-driskel

Coach Chip Kelly said the 49ers are "impressed" by sixth-round QB Jeff Driskel, who's been a quick study through rookie camp and OTAs.
A five-star high school recruit, Driskel's college career flamed out at Florida before he landed at Louisiana Tech and turned things around. "I think he's done a really nice job," said Kelly. "He's really intelligent. (He) picked things up conceptually very quickly. He's already been exposed to multiple systems at the college level, so we've been impressed with him. He's very athletic. I think he was the fastest quarterback at the Combine. He's big. He's got a good arm." With only Blaine Gabbert and Colin Kaepernick ahead of him on the depth chart, Driskel is a Dynasty prospect with monitoring in Kelly's up-tempo offense. Jun 12 - 9:21 PM
Source: NFL.com

I like Tyler Boyd, Sterling Sheppard, Michael Thomas and Paul Perkins as later rookie picks with good fits with their teams

Define: later, 3 of those 4 i have yet to see make it our of the first round, or are you talking about redraft leagues?

Indeed. Those mentioned were all taken in the first round of a Dynasty league (14 teams, non-PPR) draft here at the Huddle a week after the draft (May 6th).

Tyler Boyd 1.14, Sterling Sheppard 1.06, Michael Thomas 1.13, and Paul Perkins 1.07

Don't want to stifle the initiative of of people mentioning names though.

Indeed. Those mentioned were all taken in the first round of a Dynasty league (14 teams, non-PPR) draft here at the Huddle a week after the draft (May 6th).

Tyler Boyd 1.14, Sterling Sheppard 1.06, Michael Thomas 1.13, and Paul Perkins 1.07

Don't want to stifle the initiative of of people mentioning names though.

Wow, thats the highest i have Perkins go, and the lowest i've seen Thomas (at 1.13)

I think I drafted Josh Ferguson in all my leagues in the 4thish round area. His college profile reminds me alot of Theo Riddick. I don't have much faith in anybody behind Gore and the Colts love to throw to running backs.

DeAndre Washington mixed in with Raiders 1s

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/336913/deandre-washington-mixed-in-with-raiders-1s?ls=roto:OAK:topheadlines

Fifth-round pick DeAndre Washington mixed in with the Raiders' first-team offense at minicamp.

"We're putting him in different situations to get a feel for his strengths and how we can tailor plays, tailor situations so he can really flash for us," said OC Bill Musgrave. "He's going to be good in first, second, or third down." Immediately after the draft, GM Reggie McKenzie called Washington a "complete back" with the ability to contribute in all phases. The Raiders were not satisfied with Latavius Murray last year, particularly in the second half of the season. A 5-foot-8, 204-pound prospect with 4.49 speed and 124 receptions on his college resume, Washington is a candidate for a significant rookie-year role.
Jun 22 - 11:04 PM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...