[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Real estate question

MorningMud

Just in case there are any realtors or guys who sell a lot of houses here...

I am getting ready to put my house on the market and have gotten conflicting advice. The realtor wants me to put the house on the market right away, but I don't think its really ready. Is it a problem to put it on the market before I have everything in tip top shape?

Not an Agent, but my mom was

I guess it depends on why they are advising this, is inventory low (# of houses for sale in your area), are you in a really desirable area, are the improvements not going to add to the bottom line (cost more then they return) and what are the nature of the improvements (are you talking paint drywall, decluttering and organizing rather then a full bathroom gut and remodelling?)

I've always prefered to have the house in order first, as they tend to get the most visits when they first get listed rather then 3-4 months down the line (when you have lowered the price to keep interest), having said that, if the price is right and the house is in an area where people want to live it should move regardless of needing a LITTLE tlc, people will paint their own colors, plant flowers, they will hire a roofer to re-shingle the house.

Lastly, be honest with yourself about how the work is getting done and when is it getting done, are you doing it this coming weekend, hiring someone to do it this week, or trying to get it done in June. If the answer is the last one, they are likely advising you to list now, as they have dealt with people who never think the house is ready, nor finish the to do list and fear that in the delay your going to miss the prime listing time (after school ends and closing before the next school year starts)

It's spring, realtors always want action this time of year.

If you feel squeezed by your realtor I can probably refer you to someone out there. Let me know.

Thanks I will. We are going to sit down and talk to her. She was great last time we used her but she seems far less interested this time. I don't know if it was because last time the market was down and now its booming or what, but she seems to be missing things she shouldn't have. We just lost a house that she had told us nobody else made an offer on, only for her to text us saying that "that other offer did come in". She completely conflicted herself and we may have offered a different amount with the info of a second offer.

We shall see. The biggest issue now is my wife loved the house we just lost out on. Every other house will now be compared to that one. I think I will be in for a long search!

• 4 months later...

Just in case there are any realtors or guys who sell a lot of houses here...

I am getting ready to put my house on the market and have gotten conflicting advice. The realtor wants me to put the house on the market right away, but I don't think its really ready. Is it a problem to put it on the market before I have everything in tip top shape?

Hello.

It is essential for you to pay lots of attention when it comes to real estate and so hiring a real estate attorney can be the best option for you. My uncle was also dealing with this same situation he discussed with the real estate attorney in Florida. He thought that when it comes to property dealing, it is better to be on a safer side and seek a professional service. You should search online for the real estate lawyer. It is the internet which can provide you with important details.

Good Luck.