[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading for Keepers? League rules...

Adam12

We have 10 team 1 Keeper, PPR league. We can trade draft picks, which most do. 1st year starting keepers...do most leagues allow players to trade for a keeper.

Example, I want to trade for Cobb so I can keep him, I give up an 8th for the Rights for Cobb, then have to give up the 2nd round pick he cost to keep my? Not an actual example but roughly.

Edited by Adam12

My league does not permit picks to be traded. Can get messy keeping track of this stuff and who agreed to what deal. If you have a LM that is diligent and on top of their stuff then go for it. I tend to stay away from these sorts of leagues. Hope that helps!

We have 10 team 1 Keeper, PPR league. We can trade draft picks, which most do. 1st year starting keepers...do most leagues allow players to trade for a keeper.

Example, I want to trade for Cobb so I can keep him, I give up an 8th for the Rigets for Cobb, then have to give up the 3nd round pick he cost to keep my? Not an actual example but roughly.

All keeper leagues I'm in allow you to trade picks and potential keepers till the keeper submission deadline. After that deadline the keepers are on your team until the draft is completed. After draft everyone can be traded again.

When the season ends, we do not allow players to be traded, only draft picks. Players are allowed to be traded after the draft. We had a long discussion at our summit this year about having the ability to trade players that are designated as keepers.

We decided that keepers can be traded, but they can only be kept an additional year after the trade (not the 3 years that we have for a drafted player). Also, that player will not be able to be traded again- to allow players to go back into the draft pool instead of being traded around. So far it has worked out, no hiccups or bumps have come out of this.

All keeper leagues I'm in allow you to trade picks and potential keepers till the keeper submission deadline. After that deadline the keepers are on your team until the draft is completed. After draft everyone can be traded again.

This.

Every keeper/dynasty/contract league I am in allows owners to trade players, picks or player rights, so the scenario described in the OP is not only allowed but fairly common. It's a potential win/win for both owners - the owner trading for rights gets to improve his keeper, the owner trading the player rights away essentially gets something for a player the otherwise would have had to just release (assuming they have another viable keeper option)

• 7 years later...