[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is AJ Green ranked so high

Scorcher

Consistent? What bizarre points system is being used where Green is consistent? He was my absolutely most INconsistent WR last year. Thankfully I sat him when Eifert became the CIN WR1.

As mentioned, stats are great and all but if Green is all over the map and he has a good day when you play a great team (and lose) and then has a bad day when you play a crappy team (and lose as a result) then in the end those average stats are worthless.

They clearly have a hard on for Eifert and when your TE has more touchdowns than your WR1, there is a problem. Even if his ankle shatters with his first attempted hurdle, he's still probably get more TD than Green this year from his wheelchair.

• Like 1

Consistent? What bizarre points system is being used where Green is consistent? He was my absolutely most INconsistent WR last year. Thankfully I sat him when Eifert became the CIN WR1.

As mentioned, stats are great and all but if Green is all over the map and he has a good day when you play a great team (and lose) and then has a bad day when you play a crappy team (and lose as a result) then in the end those average stats are worthless.

They clearly have a hard on for Eifert and when your TE has more touchdowns than your WR1, there is a problem. Even if his ankle shatters with his first attempted hurdle, he's still probably get more TD than Green this year from his wheelchair.

Consistent year to year is what I meant rather than week to week in season.

For me, AJs value really depends on the play of Dalton. If one thinks Dalton will have an excellent year, then bump AJ up a few notches. If one thinks Dalton will have a sub par year, bump him down a few notches. If Dalton has a typical even year, keep him where is is currently being valued. As for AJ as a player straight up, I think his track record speaks for itself.

As for me, I won't pick him in the first, but if he falls to mid second, I would absolutely grab him. A GREAT second pick imho. A rediculous second receiver and a very good first reciever for any FF team.

Edited by heehawks

• 3 weeks later...

i got green at 9 overall....this was a couple days after he banged his knee....there were no real reports other than he "just banged it"....it scared some people....I wasn't "crazy" about it....but it was too good to pass up...I now see why some were predicting a "monster" year from him...t.hey seem locked in on him right now and are finding ways to get him the ball easily...ive seen green play plenty but never owned him...hope he keeps up a nice pace

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

I'm a little down on Green this year, to be honest. Yeah, the targets may rise with Sanu/Jones gone, but with Eifert out for probably 3-4 weeks, he's not going to have much relief in the middle of the field taking doubles away. And who is the WR2? Brandon LaFell? Please.

Yes he's been consistently good but with the Bengals having a solid defense and decent 1-2 punch on the ground with Hill and Gio, I think Green's ceiling is his production from last season, so WR9 in PPR.

He's a top-10 PPR WR but has the least potential to pop into the top-5 of other WRs in his range.

I traded him - effectively - straight up for Carlos Hyde last year and initially felt a little bad about it, but now I'm kinda fine with it.

Definitely not a Tier 1 WR, IMO. Much rather have Dez, Robinson, even Cooper.

:shrug:

"Least likely to pop" and " Definitely not a tier 1 WR" How did having Dez,Robinson and Cooper over him fair so far?

These words couldn't have tasted good yesterday and still today.

For me, AJs value really depends on the play of Dalton. If one thinks Dalton will have an excellent year, then bump AJ up a few notches. If one thinks Dalton will have a sub par year, bump him down a few notches. If Dalton has a typical even year, keep him where is is currently being valued. As for AJ as a player straight up, I think his track record speaks for itself.

As for me, I won't pick him in the first, but if he falls to mid second, I would absolutely grab him. A GREAT second pick imho. A rediculous second receiver and a very good first reciever for any FF team.

Gawd was I wrong....

Anyone wondering why green is ranked so highly now?

Yes!

I figured this was coming. But for the record, as an AJ Green fan, you know he put up a similar stat line as Antonio Brown this week. No one is going to question A. Brown. They are both tier 1 receivers, with Brown clearly being #1. AJ Green is still arguably a top 5 receiver.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1