[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DET - Abdullah

gilthorp

Where is he going in your drafts? I have a chance to keep him as a 9th rounder.

Is he going in the top 25 RB's?

Is this a PPR league or standard? BTW, I'd keep Abdullah for sure.

Edited by irish

Got him mid 8th last night in a 12 team PPR. I feel like that's pretty good value. I took Melvin Gordon the round before and figured I was chosing one or the other but then Abdullah fell to me.

Got him mid 8th last night in a 12 team PPR. I feel like that's pretty good value. I took Melvin Gordon the round before and figured I was chosing one or the other but then Abdullah fell to me.

got him in the 10th in a high stakes ppr league(10 team though...so about the same value)....i think people are just down on him and i caught him at a point where guys were good with the amount of rbs they had at that point ...so i gladly plucked him as my 4th rb

ill bet on talent...despite his struggles last year he picked it up once cooter took over OC duties...ill bet on abdullahs talent....hes a 3 down back....i know what riddick did as far as catching the ball...but adbullah is more talented....ill bet on that.....theres no bell there anymore....theres plenty of 1st and 2nd down work available.....and i think there gonna do some no huddle in detroit ...

i watched that all access show nfl films did on arizona last year....arizona was set to take abdullah in the 2nd..in fact their gm had him on the phone and abdullah actually told them he had another call and it was detroit who was picking like 3 or 4 spots ahead of them......then zona decided to take an de/lb and waited for david johnson .....but they wanted ameer....

im optimistic...couldnt pass him up..

• Like 1

I took him as my RB3 because I went WR heavy at the top of the draft. I think he is a fine RB3 if you have a stacked WR corps. HE is going to have a floor of the 2 down work and he has the upside of an every down back. In the 9th round of a 14-teamer, I think you are getting probably 2+ rounds of value by keeping him.

He went 30th in a very good BoTH 14 tm lg. today. In that draft I see 3 RB's that were picked before him that could go either way, JStew, DWill, D. Henry(Henry was me:), putting him RB27-30. RB's picked immediately with him (same round/'value') were Foster, Crowell, Jennings, M Jones.

Edit To say Abdulla, Foster, Crowell etc went 6th rnd, so 7th rnd 12 tm lg..

I'm setting my keepers for our draft a week from today, and am keeping Abdullah over JStew, there is no cost difference, limits to years I can keep etc. I know JStew was productive last year, but I see that falling off some and certainly not a long term value which is key in this keeper league. So I am rolling with Abdullah (would be my RB2 behind Latavius Murray).

I'm setting my keepers for our draft a week from today, and am keeping Abdullah over JStew, there is no cost difference, limits to years I can keep etc. I know JStew was productive last year, but I see that falling off some and certainly not a long term value which is key in this keeper league. So I am rolling with Abdullah (would be my RB2 behind Latavius Murray).

You may view him as your RB1 by year end, and I do not say that as a bad thing.

You may view him as your RB1 by year end, and I do not say that as a bad thing.

That would be nice, I was offered Langford in a trade, but was being asked for a 2/3 round pick (each team keeps 5). It wasn't worth it to give up the pick and exchange Abdullah (or maybe Eli, or Jordan Matthews) for that upgrade (which I felt was pretty minor).

I've struggled to build some decent RB keepers in this league, had a very strong WR core, then last year Jordan Matthews wasn't so good (should have kept Fitz or Jarvis Landry) and then Megatron retires, and DT is not as explosive. Going to be some more rebuilding.