[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Autodraft Dumpster Fire & Trade Advice

Running Wilde

I was the only manager in my 12 team league that couldn't make the draft (GD work getting in the way of whats important), and my team is awful, .5PPR starting 1 QB / 2WR / 2RB / 1TE / 2 Flex / Def / Kicker. Roster is as follows:

QB - R. Wilson / B. Roethlisberger (generally I don't even draft a QB until the 8th @ the earliest)

WR - A.J. Green / D. Thomas / S. Coates / T. Pryor / J Doctson

RB - D. Freeman / C. Sims / C. Hyde / M. Jones / C. Johnson (Ari) / D. Lewis

TE - D. Allen / T. Eifert

Def - Seattle

K - Catanzaro

I was sent this trade:

Give: Green & Hyde

Receive: Rawls / Crabtree / Garcon

Obviously I need help @ WR, but is it foolish to give up what I anticipate to be a top 5 WR in Green? Hyde & M. Jones are looking pretty shaky, so there's little trade value there, and I've floated a few trades w/ Big Ben but everyone is pretty much set on their QB's, so no takers there.

The biggest kick in the nuts is that this league includes two fantasy writers for NFL.com, & the rest of the competition knows their stuff too.

All things considered, it's not THAT bad, but I'm also used to 16 team leagues. Your RB situation is scary. Do you have to start two RBs? And no, I would not trade Green. No one in there right mind would trade for those QBs. Your only real trade bait is D. Freeman.

Who is on the waiver wire?

WW is garbage. Top couple WR's are:

M. Wallace / N. Aghalor / J. Strong / V. Cruz / K. Britt / S. Smith / J. Crowder

RB's are even thinner than that. Forsett, if he gets signed somewhere, would be the best option. The rest are long shot 2nd or 3rd stringers.

**Edit**

Start 2RB's & 2 WR's with 2 flex spots. Right now I'm starting Green / Thomas & Freeman / Sims. In the flex I have Jones & Hyde...

Edited by Running Wilde

My trade approach would be to protect what you have or build on it. Think about Coleman. Can you pursue him to protect Freeman? Can you trade Sims to the Martin owner? If you're in a league with fantasy vets., you're in a tough situation, but not screwed. You might have to ride the wave and look for an opportunity to trade.

ETA: Green is your top player, do NOT trade with that offer they gave

Edited by Shaft

I wouldn't do the trade, but Wallace would be a good pickup IMO. Your situation is sketchy enough you might try running with 1QB and/or 1TE for a while to take a shot at fliers. Rob Kelley is probably on the wire and if Matt Jones struggles, stays injured, or continues to suck, Kelley could take over the starting job if he produces like he did in preseason.

Edit - drop Dion Lewis for someone. Unlikely anyone will pick him up for the first month or so.

Edited by colkurtz