[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't take a QB early they said...

gilthorp

To be honest, I've heard this philosophy for years and years. All the smart guys behind keyboards saying don't go QB early. I never listened. I went QB whenever I felt like going QB, and I have been doing this for over 15 years in my local.

All I can say is that when I go QB early, I have less stress each week and it sets the foundation for your starting lineup. When you don't go QB early, you wait, and then you're eventually forced to play matchups.

So, I call BS on don't draft a QB early. Looks like it's going to be a stressful year.

• Like 1

Yeah. Waited too much this year and ended with Alex Smith, so I'm not very happy right now.

Waited way too long. There's a good 8-10 serviceable QBs outside of the top 5-6 elite ones. When people start drafting backups before you draft a starter, gonna be a frustrating season.

kept Aaron Rodgers this year. The way I look at it the QB is your highest scoring position so why not lock in one of the most consistent players at that position. There will be plenty of rb and wr injuries to make you scramble. . I agree with Gilthorp about not stressing and having someone you can rely one without streaming or stressing about it.

Edited by Scorcher

I find QB to be one of the least stressful to pick. That is why I typically wait. Most of my stress comes from picking my flex from a myriad of WR/RBs that may or may not have a big day. With a QB you, for the most part, know what you are going to get. In my opinion, picking the right flex guy can make or break your week. You could make the same argument for a QB, but as long as you're getting solid production, approximately 20 points in 6 point passing leagues, your QB did his job.

To be honest, I've heard this philosophy for years and years. All the smart guys behind keyboards saying don't go QB early. I never listened. I went QB whenever I felt like going QB, and I have been doing this for over 15 years in my local.

All I can say is that when I go QB early, I have less stress each week and it sets the foundation for your starting lineup. When you don't go QB early, you wait, and then you're eventually forced to play matchups.

So, I call BS on don't draft a QB early. Looks like it's going to be a stressful year.

And this has resulted in how many championships?

I have been waiting on QB in my local for the past three years or so. It has not been good to me. We have 6 pt tds for QBs and just added two teams to make it a 10 man league. So I flipped the script this year and took Newton in the second. It is nice to plug and play all season knowing I get a pretty high floor with potential for game winning stats all by himself. Hopefully he doesn't keep getting whacked in the helmet all game long!

Edited by heehawks

I always draft on value in relation to what's left. I also take into account when I will pick again (sometimes over 30 picks later). Everyone has their philosophies, hypotheses, theories and blah blah blah. Hindsight is always 20/20. I say it is FANTASY FOOTBALL, have fun!!!!!!! If you want to take Newton the 2nd round and you feel good about, then live it up!

• Like 1

I agree.

There's lies, there's damn lies and then there's statistics. A few people will probly be along to show you the statistics that prove you wrong. Whatever.

We all admit that ff is 99% luck, but some can't admit it doesn't matter where you draft a QB.

I know (for now) I feel alot more comfortabke in the leagues I own Luck and Wilson than the 1 league that I waited in. Although Wilson really fell to me for some reason

Waited way too long. There's a good 8-10 serviceable QBs outside of the top 5-6 elite ones. When people start drafting backups before you draft a starter, gonna be a frustrating season.

I am not arguing that there aren't serviceable guys there, because there are, and theoretically, there's 25 guys you can play each week. My point is simply that I find it much easier and more strategic to roll a top end QB out there week in/week out instead of facing the stress of making the wrong call.

it's difficult not to turn this into a WDIS post and I won't. Just posting about a stress free approach that is counter intuitive to what most people agree with.

I agree.

There's lies, there's damn lies and then there's statistics. A few people will probly be along to show you the statistics that prove you wrong. Whatever.

We all admit that ff is 99% luck, but some can't admit it doesn't matter where you draft a QB.

I know (for now) I feel alot more comfortabke in the leagues I own Luck and Wilson than the 1 league that I waited in. Although Wilson really fell to me for some reason

LINK [/MicDrop]

Signed,

Stats :shades: