[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice: Devonta Freeman for Jordy Nelson

rocca2112

Freeman is probably going to have some big weeks but it does look like a timeshare and Coleman reinforced that yesterday. I think it will be a crap shoot week to week which one will have the bigger game. (Of course, if Coleman starts to fade or gets injured, that all changes.)

Nelson, by contrast, should be more consistent. Not exactly a monster first game though but hopefully he and Rodgers are just shaking off the rust.

I think your depth at WR might be a factor. If you're considering this move I assume you've got two decent RBs ahead of Freeman on your depth chart but what's your WR corp look like? I have to imagine that Nelson would be your #2.

Freeman is probably going to have some big weeks but it does look like a timeshare and Coleman reinforced that yesterday. I think it will be a crap shoot week to week which one will have the bigger game. (Of course, if Coleman starts to fade or gets injured, that all changes.)

Nelson, by contrast, should be more consistent. Not exactly a monster first game though but hopefully he and Rodgers are just shaking off the rust.

I think your depth at WR might be a factor. If you're considering this move I assume you've got two decent RBs ahead of Freeman on your depth chart but what's your WR corp look like? I have to imagine that Nelson would be your #2.

At WR I have

Antonio Brown

Jarvis Landry

Sammy Watkins

Stefon Diggs

Will Fuller

Golden Tate

At RB I have

Doug Martin

Arian Foster

Derrick Henry

Rashad Jennings

It is a 2 WR 2 RB with a Flex (WR/RB) League

Yikes. You must have a lot of teams in your league?

Your RB corp needs a lot of help but you're definitely getting the better player in this deal and would have your week in week out starters at WR.

This is tough, I'd say take the trade and work the wire diligently to upgrade your backs but, if the league has a ton of teams, pickings may be slim there as well. If so, you may be forced to hold on to Freeman and hope Coleman gets hit by a bus or something.

(I feel your pain. After having my top RB picks flame out three years in a row, I made a conscious decision to de-prioritize them in the draft so this will be my fourth straight season of playing waiver wire RB committee hell.)