[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help with your Fantasy team? GGL's got ur back

GangGreenLantern

Hey All, Just another Fantasy junkie like anyone else. I have won several championships, study a ton with memberships to numerous sites, but all in all just love Football and Fantasy Football in general.

Even if you're successful winning leagues, some times you just want to bounce an idea/question off someone else to get another perspective, well here is your outlet.

I will do my best to give you the advice I WOULD WANT, or what I would do in your situation. As anyone knows FF is like gambling, they're just educated guesses based on the data we have available to us, but there is no perfect science for it. You're right a lot, but also wrong as well.

Need some lineup advice start/sits? Trades you're pondering?Waiver Wire questions? Just want another perspective??

Please indicate whether you're in a PPR or Standard league please. Thanks.

Let em rip and have FUN!

Edited by GangGreenLantern
  • Like 1

I posted this on the main page, but no answers yet. I have Moncreif, Demaryius Thomas and Will Fuller.

So I have to choose two of these guys. The league commish changed things this year by eliminating the flex and going with 2 WRs and 2 RBs and only 3 bench spots. Adding to that, we now have to have 3 DPs along with our D/ST. So not a lot of wiggle room. He's trying to increase trading (I don't like it personally). Anyway, 14 team PPR and I'm a little weak at WR. I'm thinking I have to start Fuller since he's the only one playing the early game and I'm not 100% on Thomas playing, although it looks like he will. I have no bench spots left since one of these 3 takes one and I have Josh Gordon and Crowell on my bench, and I want to hold onto them. Picked up Fuller this week for this reason. I am just unsure what to do

I'm in a 10 team head-to-head points league with 2 RB and a Flex slot. My 2 WR slots are set with AJ Green and Jordy Nelson, who I consider to be must-starts.

As for the RB and flex spots, I'm in a quandary. My choices are: Devonta Freeman, DeMarco Murray, DeAngelo Williams, and Carlos Hyde. I also have Travis Benjamin on my bench, and he should get quite a boost this week after Keenan Allen's injury. Given Freeman's questionable RB1 or RB2 status going into the week, and questions about whether Hyde can maintain his production into Week 2, the only one of the group that I feel is a must-start is DeAngelo Williams since he's got the most to lose and the hottest game right now. DeMarco Murray makes a great case as well.

But I hate the idea of benching Freeman. Benjamin is a total gamble to put up top numbers, even though he's got a good chance to become the top receiving option, so I'm not as uncomfortable leaving him benched at least until he proves himself.

Am I crazy to bench Freeman and/or Hyde going into Week 2? Does Murray deserve a starting slot? Who would be your top 3 choices for 2xRB/Flex?

Thank you for any advice!

I posted this on the main page, but no answers yet. I have Moncreif, Demaryius Thomas and Will Fuller.

So I have to choose two of these guys. The league commish changed things this year by eliminating the flex and going with 2 WRs and 2 RBs and only 3 bench spots. Adding to that, we now have to have 3 DPs along with our D/ST. So not a lot of wiggle room. He's trying to increase trading (I don't like it personally). Anyway, 14 team PPR and I'm a little weak at WR. I'm thinking I have to start Fuller since he's the only one playing the early game and I'm not 100% on Thomas playing, although it looks like he will. I have no bench spots left since one of these 3 takes one and I have Josh Gordon and Crowell on my bench, and I want to hold onto them. Picked up Fuller this week for this reason. I am just unsure what to do

Fuller looked good even though it was vs the Bears but the most encouraging thing is he saw 11 targets. Although he only hauled in 5, but he made them count in a huge way with 107yds and a TD. KC's D did not look so great vs SD esp early on. I think Fuller will be able to make some plays, esp if Peters is on DHop.

I would trust DT more then Moncrief in his matchup. Not sure how much Denver will throw but they will need to throw some and Indy had probably the worst secondary in football behind the Saints.

Thomas and Fuller.

I'm in a 10 team head-to-head points league with 2 RB and a Flex slot. My 2 WR slots are set with AJ Green and Jordy Nelson, who I consider to be must-starts.

As for the RB and flex spots, I'm in a quandary. My choices are: Devonta Freeman, DeMarco Murray, DeAngelo Williams, and Carlos Hyde. I also have Travis Benjamin on my bench, and he should get quite a boost this week after Keenan Allen's injury. Given Freeman's questionable RB1 or RB2 status going into the week, and questions about whether Hyde can maintain his production into Week 2, the only one of the group that I feel is a must-start is DeAngelo Williams since he's got the most to lose and the hottest game right now. DeMarco Murray makes a great case as well.

But I hate the idea of benching Freeman. Benjamin is a total gamble to put up top numbers, even though he's got a good chance to become the top receiving option, so I'm not as uncomfortable leaving him benched at least until he proves himself.

Am I crazy to bench Freeman and/or Hyde going into Week 2? Does Murray deserve a starting slot? Who would be your top 3 choices for 2xRB/Flex?

Thank you for any advice!

No you're not crazy at all, in fact until that situation in ATL is a little more clear (if at all) I would start someone else IF you have the luxury. Freeman saw 36 snaps to Colemans 32. He had 15 touches to Coleman's 13 but Coleman out performed him with 117yds to 40. This ATL Regime drafted Coleman not Freeman and ALL offseason they have stated time and time again they want Coleman to be more involved and right now we are seeing a full blown RBBC in ATL.

Murray has a good matchup vs DET and Tenn wants to run the ball to loosen up the opposing D to allow Mariota to make plays with his arm and legs.

Murray and Williams.

No you're not crazy at all, in fact until that situation in ATL is a little more clear (if at all) I would start someone else IF you have the luxury. Freeman saw 36 snaps to Colemans 32. He had 15 touches to Coleman's 13 but Coleman out performed him with 117yds to 40. This ATL Regime drafted Coleman not Freeman and ALL offseason they have stated time and time again they want Coleman to be more involved and right now we are seeing a full blown RBBC in ATL.

Murray has a good matchup vs DET and Tenn wants to run the ball to loosen up the opposing D to allow Mariota to make plays with his arm and legs.

Murray and Williams.

Thank you very much! So I assume you'd bench Freeman altogether, but would you go with Hyde or Benjamin for the flex slot?

Thank you very much! So I assume you'd bench Freeman altogether, but would you go with Hyde or Benjamin for the flex slot?

Sorry just released you asked about the flex slot....

Until we see what SD's O looks like post K.Allen, I would go with Hyde at your flex. We know he will get touches, how effective he will be remains to be seen. IF SF's D can hold down Carolina for at least the first 2-3 Qts Hyde wil get his chances.

Hyde due to volume.

Sorry just released you asked about the flex slot....

Until we see what SD's O looks like post K.Allen, I would go with Hyde at your flex. We know he will get touches, how effective he will be remains to be seen. IF SF's D can hold down Carolina for at least the first 2-3 Qts Hyde wil get his chances.

Hyde due to volume.

Thanks again! That's how I had my roster set already, but I was getting cold feet. It definitely helps to know it doesn't sound outlandish to switch it up that much. Good luck in your league!

With Jamaal Charles likely out, who do I start? Frank Gore, Terrance West, or Jalen Richard?

Ouch! That's a rough set of choices.

Indy has to establish the run if they want to have any shot in this game vs Denver. They will also want to due that to slow down those edge rushers, and help Luck out some. Not sure Gore is going to have a tremendously productive game but he should be viable.

West is in an RBBC as well, and was out snapped by Forsett 34 to 30. West didnt do all that much with his touches (14) 12-32 rushing 2-6 thru the air. but he has a better matchup on paper vs Cleveland.

Jalen is a stash guy for me right now. He had 1 great play vs a terrible D. I just don't see him getting enough touches at this point and time.

I myself like guys even if their matchup is tougher that would get more volume. I would roll the dice with Gore due to volume.

Eric Ebron or Antonio Gates, week 2?

Both really good choices.

Ebron played well last week, and finally looks like he could have that season so many have anticipated him having since being drafted in the 1st rd. He has a good matchup on paper vs Tenn and one thing we know is Detroit will drop back and throw the ball a ton.

Gates had a down game last week vs KC, but I think that was in part due to the game script. With SD jumping up on KC early. He was in on 48 snaps, but only saw 4 targets. I think SD looks to increase that a good bit vs Jax this week especially with Allen being gone I think Rivers will lean on Gates more now. Rivers did have 36 attempts and I think SD will be more effective via the Pass then they will be on the ground this week.

I would roll with Gates, but it's extremely close.

Hey! I have a bunch of middling options at WR and have to pick 3 of Hilton, Tate, Shepard, Sharpe, and Tyrell Williams. Also, got offered a trade of Matt Jones for my Ryan Mathews? Thoughts?

PPR or Standard?

Tate, Shepard, and Sharpe.

Shepard going against the worst D in football who just lost their best CB...... Enough said there.

Tate is a target guy, although he is more valuable in PPR.

Sharpe is looking like a real good option in Tenn. he has taken the #1 role, which was a surprise when camp started with DGB and the newly acquired Rishard Matthews there. DGB gets traded mainly bc of what they saw in Sharpe. I like this matchup vs Det, Indy smoked them last week. I don't think Mariota will drop back us much as Luck did but I think Sharpe will be productive. He saw 11 targets last week converting on 7-76.

Do not like the matchup for TY, he has never had much success vs the Broncos.

Noway I would give up Mathews for M.Jones.

Received a offer for Coby Fleener to get Shepard Sterling.

And another offer for Coby Fleener to get M Bennett and James White.

My TE,RB, and WR

TE -Gronk,D Allen and Fleener

RB -Forte, Forsett, Foster and Ajayi

WR -Decker, Sharpe, Wallace, John Brown, Sanu, and Eli Rodgers.

What would you do in my situation and why?

Received a offer for Coby Fleener to get Shepard Sterling.

And another offer for Coby Fleener to get M Bennett and James White.

My TE,RB, and WR

TE -Gronk,D Allen and Fleener

RB -Forte, Forsett, Foster and Ajayi

WR -Decker, Sharpe, Wallace, John Brown, Sanu, and Eli Rodgers.

What would you do in my situation and why?

PPR or Standard?

Fleener for Sterling Shepard would help your receiving core out a good bit, and considering you have Gronk and D.Allen (who most believe could have a big year). Losing Fleener might not be a big deal. (Ive seen him dropped in a large % of leagues).

You don't need Bennett but if you want to have him since you have Gronk then I would understand, although in most cases I would be playing D.Allen if Gronk isnt available before I would play Bennett.

James White is a nice piece in PPR, but I wouldn't trade Fleener for him. You could do better.

I would try to see what you can get in a RB trade, or if there is anyone on Waivers worth adding, then flip Fleener for Shepard and pickup a RB off waivers.

PPR or Standard?

Fleener for Sterling Shepard would help your receiving core out a good bit, and considering you have Gronk and D.Allen (who most believe could have a big year). Losing Fleener might not be a big deal. (Ive seen him dropped in a large % of leagues).

You don't need Bennett but if you want to have him since you have Gronk then I would understand, although in most cases I would be playing D.Allen if Gronk isnt available before I would play Bennett.

James White is a nice piece in PPR, but I wouldn't trade Fleener for him. You could do better.

I would try to see what you can get in a RB trade, or if there is anyone on Waivers worth adding, then flip Fleener for Shepard and pickup a RB off waivers.

It's a standard league. And there isn't much on the waivers for RB so my best move would to boost my receiver core with Shepard?

It's a standard league. And there isn't much on the waivers for RB so my best move would to boost my receiver core with Shepard?

My first choice would be to look and see what other trades you might be able to swing for a RB. RB is more of a need for your team then WR at this point.

But if you're intent on getting rid of Fleener now, then Yes Shepard is much more valuable to you then Fleener is.

My first choice would be to look and see what other trades you might be able to swing for a RB. RB is more of a need for your team then WR at this point.

But if you're intent on getting rid of Fleener now, then Yes Shepard is much more valuable to you then Fleener is.

Alright thanks for your help brotha!

• GangGreenLantern changed the title to Need Help with your Fantasy team? GGL's got ur back