[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help with your Fantasy team? GGL's got ur back

GangGreenLantern

Would you trade jamaal charles for CJ Anderson? Non ppr.

Also, in trade talks with the ware owner. Offering crowell and either marvin jones or allen hurns for ware. Trying to give hurns.

Thoughts? Thanks!

So you're giving up Charles and getting CJ Anderson? If that's the case then Yes I would do that in a heartbeat. Charles was drafted high in some leagues and some people frown upon trading highly drafted players, but to me I take more into account.

Charles has yet to return from his 2nd ACL injury and even when he does return I don't see them giving him the same work load we have seen in the past with the effectiveness we have seen from Ware.

CJ is the guy in Denver, there is no other back there that will challenge him at this point for touches. Booker is a breather back (coming in to allow CJ to get a breathe) , and Denver will run the ball this season a bunch, which was obvious with the addition of a FB this season, something they did not use in previous years with Manning.

It's an 8 team standard league and we start two flex positions. Last week my team was off to a shaky start but came back from being down 50 thanks to brown and Williams. I also started Brandin Cooks and it paid off very nicely. I'm just not sure what numbers he'll put up this week.

Pick 1 WR and 1 flex
Ryan Mathews
Brandin Cooks
Mike Evans
Spencer Ware
Jonathan Stewart
Marvin Jones

Right now I have Cooks and Evans in. I also tried trading Ware to the Charles owner for Will Fuller but he declined so I'm thinking about using him while I have him.

I am in a Ameer Abdullah quandry. Two differenet leagues:

Standard league: WDIS Abdullah or Travis Benjamin

1/2 pt PPR: WDIS Abdullah or Isiah Crowell

I realize none are great options this week but I need to maximize my chance to win! All opinions appreciated.

Abdullah for both.

Like what I saw from him last week, although it was vs a BAD Indy D. He looked good with his vision, and cut backs, and was involved some in the passing game (although mostly due to when Riddick left for a concussion protocol). Quite a few people are looking at what Tennessee did to AP and are worried, I wouldnt be as worried, Tenn will not be able to attack Detroit's Offense the same way as they did Minn with the weapons Det has outside.

Need to see what SD does without Allen, I don't think Benjamin's targets will increase a ton. I see Tyrell Williams getting some more targets, and them also getting Gates more targets.

Crowell could be involved as long as Cleveland can keep it close, I'm just not sure that will be the case

It's an 8 team standard league and we start two flex positions. Last week my team was off to a shaky start but came back from being down 50 thanks to brown and Williams. I also started Brandin Cooks and it paid off very nicely. I'm just not sure what numbers he'll put up this week.

Pick 1 WR and 1 flex

Ryan Mathews

Brandin Cooks

Mike Evans

Spencer Ware

Jonathan Stewart

Marvin Jones

Right now I have Cooks and Evans in. I also tried trading Ware to the Charles owner for Will Fuller but he declined so I'm thinking about using him while I have him.

So you have Cooks and Evans in and Need another option at WR and 1 Flex? If so Marvin Jones@WR, and Ware@Flex.

Guest Sir Nose

Thanks for the offer! Been trying to wrap my head around potential trades all week in the wake of losing Keenan Allen from the second team in my sig. But someone suggested staying put, which I've been considering, and seeing how things shake out in a couple of weeks. So I'd be going with Cobb, Crabtree, Shepard, M. Thomas and Tyrell Williams at WR. It's a standard league that starts two WR and a RB/WR flex.

Also, WDIS this week - Cobb or Shepard?

Thanks!

WDIS: Flex - Melvin Gordon (vs Jax) or Stefon Diggs (vs GB)? 0.5 PPR league. Not starting Moncrief against Denver.

I'm leaning Diggs considering Vikings will probably be playing from behind against GB, but curious whether Gordon will continue to get the goal line touches for the TDs.

Thanks for the offer! Been trying to wrap my head around potential trades all week in the wake of losing Keenan Allen from the second team in my sig. But someone suggested staying put, which I've been considering, and seeing how things shake out in a couple of weeks. So I'd be going with Cobb, Crabtree, Shepard, M. Thomas and Tyrell Williams at WR. It's a standard league that starts two WR and a RB/WR flex.

Also, WDIS this week - Cobb or Shepard?

Thanks!

Yeah you could wait and see how things turn out and try to make a trade, a little thin at WR in aspects of having a #1 Guy.

You could try to trade Yeldon to the Ivory owner, or even Henry to the D.Murray owner although not sure that would bring you a #1 guy. Other option (probably your best) would be since you have Brees, to flip Winston for a WR if a team is light on a solid starter, might be the case since its a 14 team league.

I would start Shepard this week, his matchup vs the Saints is too good to pass up and much more attractive then Cobb vs MIN.

WDIS: Flex - Melvin Gordon (vs Jax) or Stefon Diggs (vs GB)? 0.5 PPR league. Not starting Moncrief against Denver.

I'm leaning Diggs considering Vikings will probably be playing from behind against GB, but curious whether Gordon will continue to get the goal line touches for the TDs.

Gordon came out on fire last week vs KC with those 2 TD runs, but if you look deeper into the game he was out snapped by more than DOUBLE by Danny Woodhead 50-23. Especially with a big lead I would have thought Gordon would be the guy salting away the game with carries, instead Woodhead had a career high 16 carries. (Gordon had 14, but Woodhead was the guy in there when they had a lead and at the end).

I haven't heard anything about it being his knee, could be them just trying to be cautious with his touches early in the season, but in any event that's not good.

Go with Diggs, like you said they will more than likely be trailing GB at some point and need to throw, just like they were in last weeks game. Diggs is now operating out of the slot more and that caters to his best asset his quickness off the line, and him being matched up with S's and LB's. He had 9 targets and converted 7-103. Sam Sheilds might also miss this game which Hurts GB's secondary.

Edited by GangGreenLantern

Dez or Sharpe this week?

As good as a match-up Sharpe has this week, I think you need to roll with Dez until he has proven otherwise. It was one bad week, but I think the Giants D has been much improved with their additions. Jenkins and Rogers-Cro are solid CBs.

I think Dez bounces back this week. Especially since Washington has no intention of letting their big money CB travel.

Edited by GangGreenLantern
  • Like 1

So I ended up going very running back heavy in my draft. It is a 10 team standard scoring. I basically kept taking the best available. Do you think I should use a couple of them as trade bait in a couple weeks? Or just roll with them? Heres my roster

QB Eli Manning

RB David Johnson

RB/WR Doug Martin

RB/WR Matt Forte

WR Brandon Cooks

Flx Demarco Murray

TE Antonio Gates

D/ST Ravens

K Boswell

Bench

Arian Foster

Leveon Bell

Chris Ivory

Spencer Ware

John Brown

Stefon Diggs

Thanks for you input

So I ended up going very running back heavy in my draft. It is a 10 team standard scoring. I basically kept taking the best available. Do you think I should use a couple of them as trade bait in a couple weeks? Or just roll with them? Heres my roster

QB Eli Manning

RB David Johnson

RB/WR Doug Martin

RB/WR Matt Forte

WR Brandon Cooks

Flx Demarco Murray

TE Antonio Gates

D/ST Ravens

K Boswell

Bench

Arian Foster

Leveon Bell

Chris Ivory

Spencer Ware

John Brown

Stefon Diggs

Thanks for you input

Yes you're extremely light at WR. Even though you're only starting one might want other options. I like Diggs and Brown, but think you could get yourself another top tier WR.

Guest Sir Nose

Yeah you could wait and see how things turn out and try to make a trade, a little thin at WR in aspects of having a #1 Guy.

You could try to trade Yeldon to the Ivory owner, or even Henry to the D.Murray owner although not sure that would bring you a #1 guy. Other option (probably your best) would be since you have Brees, to flip Winston for a WR if a team is light on a solid starter, might be the case since its a 14 team league.

I would start Shepard this week, his matchup vs the Saints is too good to pass up and much more attractive then Cobb vs MIN.

Many thanks! Nearly all other teams have a quality starting QB, but coincidentally, the one that doesn't (Mariota, Prescott) is also the Ivory owner. LOL. But he was non-responsive to a trade offer.

Great feedback, though. I'm hoping Cobb rounds into form and one of the youngsters pans out.

• GangGreenLantern changed the title to Need Help with your Fantasy team? GGL's got ur back