[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waivers at cbs

whomper

I hate the way they run overnight to begin with. We run waivers and then open it up for first come first serve. We have a guy in our league that sets an alarm and gets up at 2 am to wait for waivers to run so he can grab the best fcfs guys out there before anyone else. Its causing me commissioner headaches

I hate the way they run overnight to begin with. We run waivers and then open it up for first come first serve. We have a guy in our league that sets an alarm and gets up at 2 am to wait for waivers to run so he can grab the best fcfs guys out there before anyone else. Its causing me commissioner headaches

To solve your headache then have waivers run every night. That way FA can be picked up right away but dropped players go through the waivers process.

Edited by wolfdigger
  • Like 1

To solve your headache then have waivers run every night. That way FA can be picked up right away but dropped players go through the waivers process.

I had someone else suggest that as well. We are going to look at that for next year. Thanks

We switched from CBS to ESPN on one league this year to save the $160 bucks, but still using it in another league. The waivers in that league ran on time for us, but they have been delayed in the past.

I'm honestly not sure how they continue to justify the cost, especially as they continue to add massive amount of advertising. I can't click anywhere on the website without some stupid popup add or video coming up. The advertising alone annoyed my league that switched over a lot more than the actual cost.

We switched from CBS to ESPN on one league this year to save the $160 bucks, but still using it in another league. The waivers in that league ran on time for us, but they have been delayed in the past.

I'm honestly not sure how they continue to justify the cost, especially as they continue to add massive amount of advertising. I can't click anywhere on the website without some stupid popup add or video coming up. The advertising alone annoyed my league that switched over a lot more than the actual cost.

Agreed. Unfortunately most people in my big money league are only used to CBS and like that it has the league's history so they refuse to even consider moving to a different site.

After 15 years with CBS in my familyl/ocal redraft league, I finally convinced everyone last year (2015) to switch to ESPN, league history be dammed.

Everyone is now glad we did (took awhile!). We also applied the CBS league fee to more prize $$. Everyone is happy (no small feat).

• Like 1

I like CBS but I have to agree on the ads etc. every time I go there I get jammed up with "scripts"

Agreed. Unfortunately most people in my big money league are only used to CBS and like that it has the league's history so they refuse to even consider moving to a different site.

Before they shut down access to my league, I went in and copied the league history to preserve it!!!

Geez, you guys on CBS, PAY for your league and still get ad and script bombed? Lame.

The ads really suck!!!

Honestly have no idea why anyone would pay for CBS. ESPN, for that matter, is pretty terrible too. Yahoo is free and seems to be trouble-free every year and has a fairly decent interface. You might get hit with a "join our daily fantasy contest" popup once in awhile but it's an easy x-out and on to what you want to do.

• Like 1

Honestly have no idea why anyone would pay for CBS. ESPN, for that matter, is pretty terrible too. Yahoo is free and seems to be trouble-free every year and has a fairly decent interface. You might get hit with a "join our daily fantasy contest" popup once in awhile but it's an easy x-out and on to what you want to do.

If Yahoo football is anything like Yahoo baseball , then it has glaring flaws as far as commissioner tools in comparison to CBS. Yahoo usually sets their own tie breakers for playoffs seeding etc , which I dont like. Yahoo also doesnt allow a commish to go back in to a game and make changes if needed like swapping out a player after a game started etc. The "cost" of CBS gets overblown a tad too. Yes, in comparison to a free league, its a lot but when spread over a 12 team + league its peanuts

• Like 1

you guys should really get yourselves ad blocker

what do you dislike about espn?

Alright, maybe it's not horrible, but I find Yahoo to be the easiest.

I don't particularly like the "tabs" with the Team / Players / Scoreboard . Yahoo's "league" page is set up way better.

I do like the wealth of information on your team's page though.

I started my fantasy sports fascination doing ESPN Fantasy Basketball some 20 years ago... so I've been fine with ESPN for a long time... just think Yahoo is the cleanest.

I don't particularly like the "tabs" with the Team / Players / Scoreboard . Yahoo's "league" page is set up way better.

I do like the wealth of information on your team's page though.

I started my fantasy sports fascination doing ESPN Fantasy Basketball some 20 years ago... so I've been fine with ESPN for a long time... just think Yahoo is the cleanest.

hmm, never used yahoo so I dunno, but yeah I like how there's more info and it's all in one place (compared to MFL). I also like the way the live match up pages are set up (again compared to MFL, only two that i've used), how they show both the scores and the adjusted/updated projections as the games are played. maybe MFL has a page like that but i haven't seen it.