[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charles is gonna play...

anismith

Meh, until I see Charles actually play and look like the Charles of old, I'm gonna roll Ware out there. Ware has been effective, so it'd surprise me to see them completely turn the keys to the car over to Charles the week before a bye. There is no incentive to push him with that bye looming and Ware handling RB duties well in his absence. It would be a different story if Ware has looked crappy or of the bye wasn't next week.

Who told you his cuts look incredible? Who told you he is lighting up in practice? Names please.

It was Derrick Johnson, the Chief's LB. Here is what he said about Jamaal Charles playing RB on the scout team two weeks ago.

“It’s crazy, sometimes he makes these cuts and breaks on us and coach doesn’t even fuss at us, cause he knows that’s Jamaal Charles"

For what its worth, here is a report from rotworld via Jay Glazer.

FOX's Jay Glazer reported Jamaal Charles will only play 10-15 snaps in Sunday night's game at Pittsburgh.
That's less than Charcandick West has been playing. Charles will be a bit player in his return ahead of Kansas City's Week 5 bye. Spencer Ware will continue to be the Chiefs' feature back against the Steelers. Oct 2 - 12:51 PM

His fumbling problem is going to cost him once they're fully ready to unleash Charles

Charles was never known for his volume, but more for his efficiency. Ware will maintain a prominent role in this offense. He will be like a Tevin Coleman.

boy SPENCER WARE looks great doesnt he folks?

Spencer Ware looked better than Charles last night which is what most of us predicted, if that's what you are asking? Ware is not usually a fumbler. He has never had a fumble in his career before this season.

That being said, even with his fumbling, I think he still takes the lead back role most if not all of this season.

• Like 1

Ware fumbled for the 3rd time this year with only having 65 touches. That is horrible and unacceptable to most coaches. And I'm not going to give him much credit for his 46 yard run that came in the 4th quarter when the Steelers were defending a pass situation.

I doubt the Chiefs were planning on giving Charles many touches after being out for an entire year. After they were down 22-0 in the first quarter, he probably got even fewer touches than planned. I think Charles will be the main running back after they come back from their bye.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

ya ok dude

the guy looks slow and fumbles

but hes going to be the lead back to the highest YPC back in nfl history

Ware's been one of the top producing backs all year. The fumble issues are very new and flukey as I mentioned he's never fumbled in his career (pro or college) before this year. I'm not saying Jamal Charles sucks or anything as you obviously have some sort of personal feelings invested in his success. All I'm saying is that Ware has earned a large portion of the carries and I don't trust Charles to be his old self. The Chiefs gave him 2 carries man...they know what he can handle more than you or I do.

Also, you seemed to be all about starting Charles instead of Ware and blah blah blah "It's time" blah blah. And you want to talk crap about Ware? 99% of everyone knew Charles wasn't going to get the ball hardly at all so don't go acting like you were somehow "right" about anything just because Ware had a fumble.

Have a great day!

Ware's been one of the top producing backs all year. The fumble issues are very new and flukey as I mentioned he's never fumbled in his career (pro or college) before this year. I'm not saying Jamal Charles sucks or anything as you obviously have some sort of personal feelings invested in his success. All I'm saying is that Ware has earned a large portion of the carries and I don't trust Charles to be his old self. The Chiefs gave him 2 carries man...they know what he can handle more than you or I do.

Also, you seemed to be all about starting Charles instead of Ware and blah blah blah "It's time" blah blah. And you want to talk crap about Ware? 99% of everyone knew Charles wasn't going to get the ball hardly at all so don't go acting like you were somehow "right" about anything just because Ware had a fumble.

Have a great day!

You'd honestly have an easier time explaining quantum physics to a 2 year old then trying to debate any football points with the resident troll. The board recommends liberal use of the "ignore list" for your own sanity.

• Like 1

Ware fumbled for the 3rd time this year with only having 65 touches. That is horrible and unacceptable to most coaches. And I'm not going to give him much credit for his 46 yard run that came in the 4th quarter when the Steelers were defending a pass situation.

I doubt the Chiefs were planning on giving Charles many touches after being out for an entire year. After they were down 22-0 in the first quarter, he probably got even fewer touches than planned. I think Charles will be the main running back after they come back from their bye.

exactly

All these delusional Ware owners... haha. Charles WILL eventually take over this backfield, and Ware will become irrelevant again.

I don't think ware becomes irrelevant. However,I do believe that if Charles is healthy,he'll be the top dog.

• Like 1

I don't think ware becomes irrelevant. However,I do believe that if Charles is healthy,he'll be the top dog.

I could see him falling towards a Duke Johnson or Vereen type volume of workload, if that's something that people feel comfortable rolling out with.

• 2 weeks later...

me too.... kinda wishing i hadnt already

Figured I'd take the shot,was a nice match-up.