[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm about to be a free agent

Shorttynaz

I dunno how much longer I can stomach watching this God awful Colts team continue to put this manure on the field. How the F* is Ryan Grigson still employed? Dumbass should have been fired for selecting the wrong pen to sign his contract. The O-line is trash and the D is used trash. I dunno - I know fans need to stick by their teams through good and bad, but when your GM would fail at building a successful fantasy team in a 2-man league, it's time to take out the trash. Pagano too - to his credit he doesn't have a full arsenal to work with, but his coaching style is best fit for pee wee football. He's a great story for overcoming adversity, but that doesn't translate into wins. Everytime the camera zooms in on him, he looks scared and panicked. Irsay, time to clean house - yours included.

• Like 2

Dude there was a time when I felt the same way about the Vikes. They were fielding Christian freaking Ponder every week and I couldn't STAND it, couldn't draft a QB to save their lives and had crappy coaching through and through. I'm here to talk you off the ledge. Law of averages dictates that it won't be this way forever. I don't know the deep team ins and outs like you posted, but from an outsiders view they have had some injuries. Luck is a stud and their offense is generally fun to watch. Irsay seems like he wants a quality product and if you're seeing an issue with the personnel I'm sure he is too. They can't field these defenses every year and not change sometime...hang in there.

Dude there was a time when I felt the same way about the Vikes. They were fielding Christian freaking Ponder every week and I couldn't STAND it, couldn't draft a QB to save their lives and had crappy coaching through and through. I'm here to talk you off the ledge. Law of averages dictates that it won't be this way forever. I don't know the deep team ins and outs like you posted, but from an outsiders view they have had some injuries. Luck is a stud and their offense is generally fun to watch. Irsay seems like he wants a quality product and if you're seeing an issue with the personnel I'm sure he is too. They can't field these defenses every year and not change sometime...hang in there.

Yep. It's finally a good time to be a Vikings fan.

Can you talk me off a ledge too, signed a Browns fan that has some hope but is tired of hoping...

good lord, why hope?

join our bandwagon...

Broncos, I root for them a bit with some of my fantasy players, and because I hate many of the other power teams in the AFC (NE, PIT, BAL). But I could never be a full fan, they broke my heart beating the Browns in those AFC title games in the 80s.

• Like 1

I dunno how much longer I can stomach watching this God awful Colts team continue to put this manure on the field. How the F* is Ryan Grigson still employed? Dumbass should have been fired for selecting the wrong pen to sign his contract. The O-line is trash and the D is used trash. I dunno - I know fans need to stick by their teams through good and bad, but when your GM would fail at building a successful fantasy team in a 2-man league, it's time to take out the trash. Pagano too - to his credit he doesn't have a full arsenal to work with, but his coaching style is best fit for pee wee football. He's a great story for overcoming adversity, but that doesn't translate into wins. Everytime the camera zooms in on him, he looks scared and panicked. Irsay, time to clean house - yours included.

wuss
  • Like 2

wuss

lol....agreed

you are talking to a guy born in 1980 and sat through some awful patriot teams as a kid....the patriots were so boring and awful that a large percentage of the kids i grew up with/around became fans of teams like the cowboys, dolphins, steelers, packers, 49ers etc(of course alot of this also came from being handed down those teams by their fathers...because, well, the patriots werent fun for them either before that).....even good friends i have that are eagles and vikings fans and were born and raised in the same place i was.......and its funny now to watch those same people hate on the patriots and me for them being successful....

it makes things even that much more sweet to suffer and finally see something beautiful come of it...i realize not everyone will get to see what im witnessing.....but colts fans havent exactly had it horrible in some time

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

Tell me about it...Chargers are killing me. It's one thing when you know you're going to lose every game in a season, as opposed to winning the first 3 quarters of every game and losing double digit leads in the 4th. I died when they ran that graphic during the game against the Saints where the Chargers have given up the most 4th quarter double digit leads in the past 10 years :doh: the Chargers organization is just as inept as the Colts, if not moreso.

• Like 1

When your team is bad, each win feels awesome. When your team has been bad for years, it feels magical when they finally have a winning season. And when you get used to success, a win doesn't mean much anymore. As a Packers fan, I've been through both extremes. Nowadays I don't get very excited for games until the playoffs start.

When your team is bad, each win feels awesome. When your team has been bad for years, it feels magical when they finally have a winning season. And when you get used to success, a win doesn't mean much anymore. As a Packers fan, I've been through both extremes. Nowadays I don't get very excited for games until the playoffs start.

Somewhat similar for me and the heehawks. Been watching them since a kid in 1978 when we moved to Seattle. Won a few playoff games which was fun over the years and stuck with them during some pretty terrible decades. I know some heehawk fans are annoying and self entitled, only riding the train since we started winning in recent years. But I cherrish all wins, especially the Superbowl, because I know it can come crashing down at any moment. Sticking through the crappy years makes winning that much better. Luckily the heehawks have been doing well over the past four years or so, but I would never become a free agent if they started sucking for the next 20 years. I would just be bitter and scream at the tv more than usual.

• Like 1

Continuing to be a Dolphins fan is extremely painful. At this point I have become so cynical, I can't bring myself to have any hope since I know it will only be crushed. Whenever they appear they may actually win a game I am in complete disbelief. No playoffs since 2008 and I really do not see any reason for hope. They are pretty much the Cleveland Browns of South Florida. Being a fan and not living in Miami I can't even say well at least we have great weather.

Edited by blaw23
  • Like 1

How about them Lions? I actually heard the guys on talk radio on Sunday morning saying things like "I just can't conceive of an outcome where the Bears with this game. They are terrible."

Brian Hoyer beat them. The Lions are the most frustrating team ever.

• Like 1

How about them Lions? I actually heard the guys on talk radio on Sunday morning saying things like "I just can't conceive of an outcome where the Bears with this game. They are terrible."

Brian Hoyer beat them. The Lions are the most frustrating team ever.

+1

And some of the people whining here root for teams that have at least won a Superbowl :moon:

• Like 2

Can you talk me off a ledge too, signed a Browns fan that has some hope but is tired of hoping...

Lol...well I think you'll see positivity once the knuckleheads who fired the scouts who wanted Wentz in last years draft are gone. I'm not sure who that was and don't feel like googling it lol....I think like the Colts you obviously have some front office issues. You have to admit though some of the players they've been able to get are juicy. Duke, Pryor, Coleman. I love that they're not laying down every week - the kicker has let them down and the defense stinks. Crowell has been pretty damn good considering. And I'm sure you can get tickets pretty cheap! That is the only huge plus when these things happen.

And when your team is really bad a 2-3 win season with some hope on the horizon is all you've witnessed in the past 20 years.

I was glad to be a Browns fan when I first moved to Ohio in the early 80s and they were very good and fun to watch, even those gut wrenching losses to the Broncos in the AFC title games.

What gets to me is fans of teams like the Giants who've won 2 SB recently and still whine and complain constantly about how "bad" they are.

I was an Indians fan during their attempts to win a title, and a Cavs fan on and off (mostly on through the 80s and early 90s, then not until LeBron and not again when he was in MIA). The Cavs title was sweet, but not nearly as much as a Browns SB would be, heck even a few playoff appearances by the Browns would mean more to me.

Lol...well I think you'll see positivity once the knuckleheads who fired the scouts who wanted Wentz in last years draft are gone. I'm not sure who that was and don't feel like googling it lol....I think like the Colts you obviously have some front office issues. You have to admit though some of the players they've been able to get are juicy. Duke, Pryor, Coleman. I love that they're not laying down every week - the kicker has let them down and the defense stinks. Crowell has been pretty damn good considering. And I'm sure you can get tickets pretty cheap! That is the only huge plus when these things happen.

Had season tickets for years, really don't have much interest in spending my money to go be disappointed in person. Better to just record the game, start it late and I can zip to the end for the result before deciding if I want my heart broken.

Too bad Arians got away. Luck and Arians could've been the next Bellicheck/Brady combo and dominated the league for a decade. Oh well.
  • Like 1