[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deep League waivers

gilthorp

8-10-12 team leagues this won't really mean anything. For us deep league owners, I had some thoughts for players that are available on my local's wire.

QB pickups – What to do with Paxton Lynch? If Denver rests TS, this guy might get you through some bye weeks. I can see some potential shootouts in the next 2 weeks, and if he gets full first team reps. Brian Hoyer as well should be able to continue down his 20 point type performances here going up against the Colts, but I can’t endorse past this week. I can’t make a case for Keenum, and unless you have Cam, you can’t touch Anderson. But, if you do – it’s very favorable for all things Carolina the next two weeks.
RB pickups – Josh Ferguson has had 19 targets in the last 3 weeks, just 10 last week. He’s a free agent in my local, and I’m considering dropping Asiata for him. The other RB’s that are worth a stash and hope for a more increased load are Gillislee, Perkins, Cadet, and perhaps Barner. Any of these guys might be filling out the RB4/5 spot on many of our deep teams. I thought Perkins looked really good last night in pass protection, so that was a big test for him. It might make sense for me to grab Barner instead (now that Philly is through their bye) since I also have Smallwood. Regardless, we all know Ryan Matthews is like Glass Joe, so Sproles isn't their full OptionB.
WR pickups – As long as Hoyer is throwing in Chicago, Royal is worth a pickup, but I simply don’t trust this offense, and if you’re “that guy” that picks up Royal from the waiver wire, there will be several of “those guys” who did it in years previous only to be disappointed. Others I’m looking at are obviously Robert Woods, Davante Adams, and Sammie Coates. Let others bid big on Inman, Royal, Kerley, and Quick. If Cam is out for longer than expected, Corey Brown might be worth a stash for next week against NO.
TE pickups – if you waited too long on Henry, that’s a shame. He’s going to be a Top 10 guy the rest of the year if Gates doesn’t come back. Look for targets here – Brate is by far the guy to grab if he’s available. Maybe not this week, but coming out of the bye, I see a favorable 4 weeks for him. Doyle is TD dependent, and maybe Richard Rodgers is a sneaky pickup just for potential upside.
  • Like 1

12 team league with deep bench (start 9, bench 9) so some good info here. Of those you mention I like Perkins, Brate and Woods (some others too but they're gone). I'm way down in waiver order though so unlikely to get any, and most aren't major upgrades over the player I'd drop for them.

No love for Cody Kessler as a bye week filler?

Not sure I'd do that against the Pats, with CLE OL in more trouble (the guy they brought in to play center got hurt, so Greco moves from G back to C and who knows who relieves him at G (the guy who did that in week 3 was benched this week after an OVI arrest).

Not sure I'd do that against the Pats, with CLE OL in more trouble (the guy they brought in to play center got hurt, so Greco moves from G back to C and who knows who relieves him at G (the guy who did that in week 3 was benched this week after an OVI arrest).

This is the kind of game that Cleveland surprises in. They've beaten New England before as big underdogs. Whereas I don't think they'll win, I think Cleveland will be able to move the ball. We are talking about deep leagues here, so he wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't be surprised by a 250 and 2 line.

• Like 1

Whenever I go up against the Pats D when taking a flier it always blows up in my face.

I'm telling you, Cleveland is the exception that proves the rule (or has in the past). I have no doubts that New England will win this game with Brady returning (and probably playing angry), but I just have a hunch that the kid is going to finish around the Top 12 this week.

Meredith for sure...damn. :doh:

Guy in our league signed him on Saturday, but didn't start him. Asked him today and he said read a ton of good stuff on him leading into the weekend. He had Cooks(NO) on bye and lost Keenan Allen, plus had Eddie Royal who I think was questionable. He started Woods (BUF), Sharpe(TEN) and Evans(TB). 3 points so far, and he needs another 3 from Evans to win.

This is the kind of game that Cleveland surprises in. They've beaten New England before as big underdogs. Whereas I don't think they'll win, I think Cleveland will be able to move the ball. We are talking about deep leagues here, so he wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't be surprised by a 250 and 2 line.

I know it doesn't count technically, but the Kessler / Whitehurst combo went 250-2 (and a pick). I'd guess Kessler might have put up those numbers himself (or done better even) had he not gotten hurt.

I know it doesn't count technically, but the Kessler / Whitehurst combo went 250-2 (and a pick). I'd guess Kessler might have put up those numbers himself (or done better even) had he not gotten hurt.

Most of Whithurst's numbers came in garbage time, the one good drive and TD by Kessler was early in the game. He may have been able to throw for 300+ and 3TDs.

This week we have no idea who will start and today I fielded a question from the Pryor owner in our league on "what happens if Pryor starts at QB, do I have to use him at my QB spot?" (The answer was "whatever the league site [CBS] designates the player as that is the position in your line-up. And I don't see that happening unless Pryor is certain to start, I know the Browns don't want to start him.)

Most of Whithurst's numbers came in garbage time, the one good drive and TD by Kessler was early in the game. He may have been able to throw for 300+ and 3TDs.

This week we have no idea who will start and today I fielded a question from the Pryor owner in our league on "what happens if Pryor starts at QB, do I have to use him at my QB spot?" (The answer was "whatever the league site [CBS] designates the player as that is the position in your line-up. And I don't see that happening unless Pryor is certain to start, I know the Browns don't want to start him.)

rotoworld says kessler is starting

rotoworld says kessler is starting

Seems to be speculation based on Kessler saying he plans to start. Which was being reported on Monday too, he hasn't even practiced yet. The team has not said who will start.

I'm simply saying their report is not FACT, it is just their analysis (often presented as fact and treated that way by readers). I have no more recent info, but I wouldn't take the Rotoworld report as fact either. I just checked Petrak's twitter and there is some more info, primarily this.

"QBs Josh McCown and Cody Kessler threw extensively during portion of practice open to media. Both looked good to me."

From rotoworld

Cody Kessler (ribs) said he plans to be ready to start Week 6 against the Titans.
Kessler admits he's still in pain, but the Browns are going to do everything they can to get him ready to play. They don't want to use rookie Kevin Hogan, who was just promoted from the practice squad this week. If anything happens to Kessler, Terrelle Pryor might be next man up. Oct 12 - 11:29 AM
Edited by stevegrab

Clicking through the waiver wire this week, and not sure there's a whole lot to add that the wise guys here wouldn't already be on. These are FA's in my 14 team league.

QB - Keenum had a one week plateau, then a bye next week. Kapernick also has a Week 8 bye, so if he's your bandaid, good luck. It will be interesting to see if anyone takes a shot on Landry Jones, and I'm assuming someone in my local will. There's just too much talent there. Kessler is the other guy out there. If you're reaching into any of these, I simply roll the dice on Jones.

RB - Lewis is there for the taking - it's time. Gillislee was mentioned before and I think many McCoy owners were feverishly looking at him once McCoy was holding his knee on Sunday. I think he's worth owning outright because he's proved to be a good player and just in case...Ferguson/Barner have done squat since I jinxed them. Asiata? No thanks, but is serviceable. Deep fliers maybe on Kadeem Carey or Cadet still.

WR - Britt will be the big pickup in my league, assuming someone who needs WR depth will go 35% of their FAB for him. He'll probably give you a minimum of 8/game and that's something. Tyler Boyd is intriguing, and he was just dropped last week so he'll probably get scooped up in this redraft league. Same goes with Pierre Garcon. I would think Thielen should be owned as should Brice Butler.

TE - This might be the time you dip your toe into the Ladarius Green water. If he's still out there, perhaps other GM's are sleeping, and he's worth a stash? I'd rather take a chance on him than the other TE's that are getting picked up this week like Davis or Fiedorowicz.

ETA: of course Davis - probably will go for 42% of FAB for someone.

Edited by gilthorp
  • Like 2