[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Savage Week 5 Fantasy Advice

Randy Savage

Hey all.

I started my DFS thread yesterday and since this place isn't as active in DFS, I thought I would I create a weekly thread for anyone with questions for the upcoming week.

Although DFS takes over a good portion of my time these days, I still play in 5 very competitive leagues. I have been playing competitive FF since I was 15(I am 25 now). I have been fairly successful in those years.

I am in two 4 year keeper leagues through CBS that are $160 entry, $2.50 for every add/drop, $5 for every trade and $5 every loss. In addition, I'm in 2 ESPN redraft leagues with the same pricing. Lastly, I'm in a Masters Gold league with a $530 entry

Again, I don't claim to be an expert but have had some relatively good success in fantasy through out the years. I love the game and I genuinely love to help people. I will try to keep a tally of how I do with my suggestions to you all to see if I'm being effective.

I look forward to hearing your guys line ups!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Do you think Cobb & Gore for Hopkins is a fair deal?

Assuming you're the one receiving Cobb? Your team in your sig?

If that is your team in your sig, I take that deal. I was down on Hopkins coming into the year but when giving up a bench player in Gore, Hopkins>Cobb.

• Like 1

Yes sir. That's my team in my signature. I was offering this player Gore & Cobb for Hopkins in hope he'd accept, so I wanted to see if that was a good deal before I sent it out there. I'm trying to get a better QB / WR

Yes sir. That's my team in my signature. I was offering this player Gore & Cobb for Hopkins in hope he'd accept, so I wanted to see if that was a good deal before I sent it out there. I'm trying to get a better QB / WR

Yup, good move on your part. Could upgrade at QB but it's not a huge hole by any means.

Any suggestions on who to target or what to target for?

Tough to say. If you keep Cobb/Gore you could try and pair those 2 for a WR/QB. I would find a team in your league that has little RB depth and decent QB depth. Maybe some one who has Brady also has a good QB or whoever Matt Ryan could potentially have another QB.

Stafford/Winston are a coupe guys that could be in play if you could pair the right WR to one of them.

• Like 1

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/127456/2

Here's the league. It's really hard to trade anyone in here considering I'm not that great at combinations and trades, but maybe you can help me come up with one or two deals considering you can see my league now.

Unfortunately, It's not allowing me to enter because I do not have access to your league. Check out who has Brady and see who else his QB is. Also, check Matt Ryan's owner to see their QB. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Matt Ryan's team:

Matt Ryan / Mike Evans / A.jeffery / Ty Hilton

Lamar Miller & J.Hill

C.Clay & J.Tamme

Eli on bench

Duke Johnson on bench

Christen Michael on bench

Crowder on bench.

Brady's team:

T.Brady

Eddleman

L.Fitzgerald

S.Diggs

L.Blount

R.Gronk

M.Bennet

Bench:

Wilson

Baldwin

J.Thomas

Q.Enunwa

Clive Walford

Matt Ryan's team:

Matt Ryan / Mike Evans / A.jeffery / Ty Hilton

Lamar Miller & J.Hill

C.Clay & J.Tamme

Eli on bench

Duke Johnson on bench

Christen Michael on bench

Crowder on bench.

Brady's team:

T.Brady

Eddleman

L.Fitzgerald

S.Diggs

L.Blount

R.Gronk

M.Bennet

Bench:

Wilson

Baldwin

J.Thomas

Q.Enunwa

Clive Walford

Hm, not interested in Wilson personally.

I'm not super high on Eli, but he is certainly an upgrade and has good 2H schedule. If you could do an Eli/Evans for Cobb/Gore, that would be good. Mention that his strengths are QB/WR and his weakness is RB, which you would be fulfilling. See if that works and go from there.

• Like 1

I am going to post my line ups for my 4 other season long leagues in addition to the one in my sig. I'll update each week and each move I make in every league. This could help others who come across similar situations.

12 Team Keeper League #2(3-1)

QB:Eli Manning

RB:Ezkiel Elliot

RB:Melvin Gordon

WR:Odell Beckham Jr

WR:Mike Evans

WR:Travis Benjamin

Flex:Randall Cobb

TE:Rob Gronkowski

K:Blair Wash

D:Seattle

BN: Siemien/DWill/DWash(Oak)/S Smith/D Allen//Prater/Falcons

12 Team Redraft #1(3-1)

QB:Jameis Winston

RB:Theo Riddick

WR:OBJ

WR:Larry Fitzgerald

WR:TY Hilton

TE:Greg Olsen

K:Hopkins

D:Patrots

BN:Flacco/Jamaal/Matthews/Dixon/Rainey/Ty Williams/Coates

12 Team Redraft #2 (2-2)

QB:Eli Manning

RB:Todd Guley

RB:Mark Ingram

WR:Marvin Jones

WR:Travis Benjamin

Flex:Randall Cobb

TE:Zach Miller

K:Justin Tucker

D:KC Chiefs

BN: A Smith/L Murrary/Dixon/Dez/Allen/Novak/Falcons

12 Team Redraft #3 (2-2)

QB:Andrew Luck

RB:Lamar Miller

RB:Mark Ingram

WR:Jarvis Landry

WR:Tyrell Williams

WR:Phillip Dorsett

TE:Rob Gronkowski

Flex:Sammie Coates

K:McManus

D:Seattle

BN:Ryan/Duke J/Dixon/Moncrief/Humphries/T Smith/J James/Rams

Edited by Randy Savage

What's up man?

14 team standard league. Start 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 W/R. Asking mainly because I'm having trouble who to start in FLEX position and really which starters for my RB & WR.

WR: Hilton vs CHI , Parker vs TEN, Cobb vs NYG, Inman @ OAK

RB: Gurley vs BUF, Howard @ IND, McKinnon vs HOU, Gordon @ OAK

Other notable players are on bye weeks. Thanks!

What up savage. 2 questions:

1. Brady or Wilson long term?

2. I have Gurly and wanna offer him and a solid receiver for a more reliable rb1 Bc in deep at receiver.

My rbs: Gurly, d Murray, Martin and jones

Wr: Marshall, Hilton, Matthews, Edelman, Snead, fuller, t Williams.

Was thinking gurly and Matthews for Melvin Gordon. Or gurly/Hilton for Bell. Am I on the right track here? Is there another reliable rb1 you would target for a similar deal? Is there another reliable rb1 I should also consider for something similar? Or do I just chill and hang onto girly?

Thanks dude!!

What's up man?

14 team standard league. Start 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 W/R. Asking mainly because I'm having trouble who to start in FLEX position and really which starters for my RB & WR.

WR: Hilton vs CHI , Parker vs TEN, Cobb vs NYG, Inman @ OAK

RB: Gurley vs BUF, Howard @ IND, McKinnon vs HOU, Gordon @ OAK

Other notable players are on bye weeks. Thanks!

Hey man, for me, I like Hilton/Cobb at WR, Gurley/Gordon at RB and Howard at Flex. Think those are decent match ups this week and my trust in Rodgers makes me believe in Cobb. Good luck!
  • Like 1

In a 0.5 ppr and 0.5 point per target dynasty league. We start 2 rb, 3 wr, te, and an off. Flex (qb, rb, wr, te).

My current roster is

Qb-luck

Rb- Miller, freeman, mccoy, blount, coleman

Wr- cooper, d. Thoms, cooks, floyd, dorsett, enunwa

Te- gronk

The following deal is on table.

I give up miller, gronk, cooper/thomas, mccoy and blount.

I get rodgers, Bell, landry, eifert and either gio or Crowell.

A- do I accept the deal

B- If I accept, do I send cooper or thomas and should I get back gio or Crowell?

Would probably start luck and Rodgers at qb and flex

What up savage. 2 questions:

1. Brady or Wilson long term?

2. I have Gurly and wanna offer him and a solid receiver for a more reliable rb1 Bc in deep at receiver.

My rbs: Gurly, d Murray, Martin and jones

Wr: Marshall, Hilton, Matthews, Edelman, Snead, fuller, t Williams.

Was thinking gurly and Matthews for Melvin Gordon. Or gurly/Hilton for Bell. Am I on the right track here? Is there another reliable rb1 you would target for a similar deal? Is there another reliable rb1 I should also consider for something similar? Or do I just chill and hang onto girly?

Thanks dude!!

Hey Parm,

1.Brady > Wilson and by a decent margin.

2. I like your thinking. I'm a huge believer in trading bench spots for upgrades on your starters. I like a Gurley/Matthews for Gordon/WR is a good move. I also really like Bell. Your WRs are very deep, I would try and trade Matthews with Gurley or Fuller with Gurley. Bell is the RB1 pending on his health. Is Denagelo on the waivers now as well or is the guy with Bell hoarding him? With having Brady, those WRs, Brady and Bell/DWill, you lock up a solid roster each week. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Good luck man!

Dez Bryant became available today.

PPR league

Should I pick him up?

If yes, should I drop M.Floyd or T.Lockett?

MY Other WR's are A.robinson, enunwa, E.sanders

Thanks!

Hey Japetto,

Yes. There is simply just not enough out there about his injury to warrant him being a FA. Way too talented and the upside is still clearly there. I would drop Floyd, personally. Hope this helps. Good luck

• Like 1