[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate to tell you this....

CowboysDiehard

I think if Romo is truly healthy, like 100% no lingering effects, he gets his job back. Dak has been impressive to be sure, but let's be honest, Romo is still at this point in their respective careers the better option for the remainder of the season IF HE'S HEALTHY.

just my 2 cents

See, I really don't think Romo is the better option right now. Don't get me wrong, he won me my first fantasy championship so I will always love him, but Dak's legs have saved or created so many plays that Romo would have been on the turf.

The deep ball isn't really all that concerning either to me. A 30 yard pass or 3 ten yard passes to Beasley, same place in the field and less likely to be intercepted.

Edited by Apothus

See, I really don't think Romo is the better option right now. Don't get me wrong, he won me my first fantasy championship so I will always love him, but Dak's legs have saved or created so many plays that Romo would have been on the turf.

The deep ball isn't really all that concerning either to me. A 30 yard pass or 3 ten yard passes to Beasley, same place in the field and less likely to be intercepted.

There will be games against better competition where you will be playing from behind and may need the deep ball. These are games where they will give you the dink and dunk all day long. Im not saying Dak cant throw the long ball, I just know Tony can . Tony certainly cant run like he used to, but he has shown to be able to make plays with his legs as well and create plays out of nothing. I agree Dak has the edge there now as Tony is banged up but they dont call Tony "Slip" for nothing !

• Like 1

The Cowboys will find a way to screw this up. They just can't help themselves.

For whomper's sake I hope they don't because you all have suffered the Romo follies long enough, but Jerry Jones and Garrett are still lurking in the background like the creepy clowns they are.

For whomper's sake I hope they don't because you all have suffered the Romo follies long enough, but Jerry Jones and Garrett are still lurking in the background like the creepy clowns they are.

There is no denying this is a good team on the rise. How many fans out there wouldn't be jazzed if this was their team?

Although implosions are always fun to witness too.

:lol: Cowboys fans always wait for the hammer to drop, especially when we have a lead. I have never suffered through such dramatic heartbreaking losses as I have in the past 10+ years from Dallas. Just insane ways to lose. Even when we are up big and time is running out , I still fear implosion

I dont know how deep this team can go. They are very young and the early schedule here hasnt been too daunting. I saw this GB game on the schedule and said here is a big test. I was very pleased with how they controlled and soundly won this game.

I guess Jerry is listening to his sons because all of this success , IMO, is due to that line that they drafted and some of those picks were not the usual flash. the picks were unpopular (like the Frederick pick) Maybe he smartened up in that respect but you are 100 % right, with him , the loose cannon factor always looms . It has been a fun ride so far this year. Finally something to cheer about in big D and a perhaps glimmer of sunshine for the future

Edited by whomper

What I find impressive, besides the two rooks playing crazy good, is that the Boys are doing all this without Dez and all their injured and suspened defense players. As Vader says..."Impressive, most impressive".

Edited by heehawks
  • Like 1

Yesterday was a great test . On the road in GB. Their line is just mauling people. Couple that with an excellent back, a poised qb, and a D playing a lot better than they were supposed to and you have yourselves the beautiful run we see here. I love Dak, absolutely love how calm that guy is and how smart he is playing. I do feel though that we would be in the same spot with Romo. When our running game was humming with Demarco a few years back, Romo was awesome. Daks job has been made much easier than your average Rookie starter and when he has had to make plays , he has been making them . I believe Romo would open up the passing game, especially the deep passing game if his return coincides with Dez return. If they stick with Dak, I would have no issue with it, but I would also have no issue with them giving Romo the nod either . I understand completely the momentum argument, I just think Romo is a better passer . Aside from that, its the best I have felt as a Cowboys fan in ages . I really like the make up of the team as well. very workmanlike and not showy aside from Zekes first down/feed me routine and Dez antics. The team is very young and we have proven that no matter what we do this year as far as the QB decision, it looks like we certainly have our QB of the future

I don't think the team plays the same way with Romo as they do with Dak. The run option changes things. I think the team plays scared with Tony ... they are all afraid of Tony taking another hit and getting hurt (Tony included).

Somebody will have to tell me what benefit there is in going back to Tony? Do wins with Tony at QB count more than wins with Dak at QB?

Advantages for Dak - on a roll, playing well, not turning the ball over. more mobile than Romo (though Romo is not a pylon by any means)

Disadvantages for Dak - very small sample size

Advantages for Romo - experience, better chemistry with Dez, experience, good at 4th quarter comebacks (for when the defense comes back to earth), experience

Disadvantages for Romo - when he pulls a Romo trying to do too much. Goes hand in hand with the 4th quarter rallies above but can be a two-edged sword.

Methinks after a couple losses (God forbid I just suggested the Cowboys would lose a game) when Dak makes a mistake or two, his inexperience shows, or he can't rally the team from a deficit that the debate isn't going to be as heated and everyone might be just fine having Romo back.

No way you mess with the love train that is choo chooing it's way to a playoff appearance. NO WAY. Romo or no. Gotta see this Dak train derail first. Maybe then but not before. Winning without Dez says it all. GB was a revelation, not a harbinger.

No way you mess with the love train that is choo chooing it's way to a playoff appearance. NO WAY. Romo or no. Gotta see this Dak train derail first. Maybe then but not before. Winning without Dez says it all. GB was a revelation, not a harbinger.

Sounds like a Dak owner

To the guy who mentioned they lost to the Giants. That wasn't Dak's fault. That was because the receiver was an idiot and forgot how to football

I'm that guy, didn't say it was Dak's fault, just trying to ground the fans of the greatest team ever who are always destined for a SB run. They're good I admit it, and I'll be more impressed after I watch how the handle the Packers.

I'm that guy, didn't say it was Dak's fault, just trying to ground the fans of the greatest team ever who are always destined for a SB run. They're good I admit it, and I'll be more impressed after I watch how the handle the Packers.

Were you in a spaceship last Sunday?