[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alshon Jeffery about to be traded?

SoxBandit

Rumors flying here he is on the way out since his contract is up at the end of this year, and he will likely walk for nothing in return.

Sounds like Philly is the lead dog, with Seattle and New England possibly in the hunt. Apparently they are allowing his agent to negotiate a new deal, and once its in place, they will pull the trigger.

No link, just sportstalk radio discussion.

Just did a quick Google search lots of stories in the past couple days.

They've been talking about it here for weeks, but with the Bear's season essentially over and the deadline approaching, many are saying it will happen in the next several days and that he could be in uniform for someone else by Sunday.

Not that many people are starting Bear players against the Vikings, but there is also talk he could be a healthy scratch for the Bears Monday night game ahead of the 4:00PM trade deadline on Tuesday. Last thing the Bears need is a deal in place, and Alshon getting hurt Monday night.

Edited by SoxBandit

If they can get any sort of value for him by trading him now rather than letting him walk if he's saying he wouldn't re-sign then good for them. I guess whomever trades for him wouldn't have to pay top dollar given his performance this year and injury history.

The Bears roster does have some holes and one of my fantasy rosters will have one less hole if this happens.

If they can get any sort of value for him by trading him now rather than letting him walk if he's saying he wouldn't re-sign then good for them. I guess whomever trades for him wouldn't have to pay top dollar given his performance this year and injury history.

The Bears will save a boatload of money, too. The prorated savings of $14.6 million is significant.

Whenever a team has a fire sale, it has to be completely demotivating to the rest of the team. When a team signals they are completely throwing in the towel this early it sucks all around. They play like crap and then opponents just play down to their level knowing they can easily win the game in Q4 if needed. Just all around bad. It is never motivating to those left behind.

Whenever a team has a fire sale, it has to be completely demotivating to the rest of the team. When a team signals they are completely throwing in the towel this early it sucks all around. They play like crap and then opponents just play down to their level knowing they can easily win the game in Q4 if needed. Just all around bad. It is never motivating to those left behind.

Very true, but it is a business and a business decision. All players will have an understanding, but still hate it.

I'll be happy that he can take his talent (when healthy) to another team. CHI needs to do anything it can to improve its chances for next season (trade for picks, free up monies, free agency, etc...)

Maybe TN will take him. It would be an upgrade.

TEN sure can use a better WR.

- Johnson is not what he was

- Rishard did not pan out

- Sharpe is a rookie and regressed from the little bit he gained

I'm sure they will trade out of division.

They've been talking about trading Alshon since training camp. Believe it when I see it. From a fantasy perspective I wouldn't want him to go to the Pats. Eddlemon, the two tight ends, too many mouths. The Raiders, San Diego, the Bengals, any team that has 1 decent to great receiver to play opposite of