[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ Anderson could be out extended time, maybe

michaelredd9

I don't know anything about Bibbs, but I'm hesitant to pick him up. Handcuffs who started the season as a team's 3rd or 4th string running back never seem to become a fantasy force when the top two running backs get hurt. It always seems to turn into a 3-headed Chimera of a RBBC.

Edited by michaelredd9

I'm not sure about that. I was wrong about jacquizz who is putting up good points for TB and he wasn't even on the roster. some years back, DEN had 6-7 FF relevant RBs, granted, not for long :D

I think a couple of guys got hurt before Arian Foster had his first chance. Tim Hightower, a couple of times, like to close out last year.

I think it's a mistake to ignore opportunity.

Jacquizz and Hightower were veterans signed mid-season after injuries. Sometimes a player does come out of nowhere and dominate. But it's rare. And it's usually not a young, inexperienced 3rd stringer like Bibbs. Bibbs will probably share running back duties with Juwan Thompson or somebody else if Booker does get hurt. And Booker is healthy. There probably won't be an opportunity.

Edited by michaelredd9

As much as Denver runs the ball and as much as the defense matches up with lesser offenses, then Kubiak is the kind of coach that will give some off caries to a second pony when he has the lead ... and if he likes what he sees then that back up RB could have an increased role.

Can Bibbs be that guy? Has he cought Kubiak's attention enough to garner 6-8 touches this week (out of the probable 35+ potential RB touches per game)? Because if he can get 6-8 chances, then he can maybe impress his way to 10-12 touches later, and then you might have you something, especially if Booker gets dinged up or if Coach wants to limit Booker's touches to low 20's ...

Can Bibbs pull this off?

yeah! What happened to him?!

I knew there was somebody here who knew a great deal more than me, thanks for reminding of who.

Gone during the mass exodus a few years ago. Ok not gone, he's still a member just doesn't post much anymore, last active on 2-2-15, almost 2 NFL seasons ago.

• Like 1

Years ago Jacquizz lead the league in ypc when he backed up Michael Turner but wasn't a three down back. I don't know if he really came out of nowhere but it's definitely been quite sometime since he was in the radar. Lynch might come out of nowhere. Supposedly Denver was going to sign him in case CJ went on IR.

Broncos placed RB C.J. Anderson on injured reserve with a torn meniscus.

Oct 28 - 4:38 PM

Source: Doug Kyed on Twitter

I had a feeling this would quickly follow the prior message.

LordOpie is correct, trade deadline is Tuesday Nov 1

• Like 1