[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How long does it take you to get over a bad trade?

MTSuper7

I don't mean get your team back to being as competitive as it was before the trade, I just mean emotionally over it. I remember trading Ahmad Bradshaw to a dude literally the day before the Colts traded for T-Rich, sending Bradshaw to 2nd string. The other owner was pissy the entire season, even though the trade was in week 3. Do you tend to let bad luck after a trade stick with you for a while?

Have never made a trade bad enough to make me fester. Was pretty upset with myself immediately after trading Eddie George for TO. EG went off that week for 3 tds. Kicked myself all week. Then the next week TO caught 21 balls in a single game. I was over it pretty quick.

• Like 1

I just move on and keep trying. The same goes with trades I didn't make. I was offered Gordon for Amari Cooper but passed because I was worried about Marshall with Geno as my top receiver. the next week Gordon gets 3 td's and Amari has 29 yards. I'll never see that offer again!

It depends on how you define bad trades. I don't make bad trades. If it doesn't turn out the way I expected that doesn't make it a bad trade to me. Hindsight is 20/20 in FF. Two weeks ago I traded for A. Jeffery in two leagues. One league I traded T. Coleman and in another I traded Blount. At the time I considered it good trades (I'm not so sure now). I still don't consider them necessarily bad trades, but others might if A. Jeffery continues his under performing ways.

It depends on how you define bad trades.

Well, my assumption is that nobody knowingly makes a bad trade. It's only ever after the trade where you see how the players involved in the trade perform where you can start to form a judgment of who really won the trade, so to speak. For instance, if someone traded Spencer Ware after the Chiefs' bye week to fill a need, expecting that Charles would emerge and it's end up a RBBC in KC, that trade would probably feel lousy right now.

• Like 1

Well, my assumption is that nobody knowingly makes a bad trade. It's only ever after the trade where you see how the players involved in the trade perform where you can start to form a judgment of who really won the trade, so to speak. For instance, if someone traded Spencer Ware after the Chiefs' bye week to fill a need, expecting that Charles would emerge and it's end up a RBBC in KC, that trade would probably feel lousy right now.

Oh yeah, that's a baddddddd trade. LOL

Worse than a bad trade is a bad drop. I'm the guy who let Ware go to pick up Coates. Oops.

Conversely, I've picked up far more drops from others that panned out later. I'm hoping Ajayi becomes one of them soon.

I take back what I said. Not sure how long it will take me to get over the beating I took this weekend since I traded away Reed and Riddick for Demarco Murray and Walker.

Murray and Walker are dependable for relatively consistent points. Unfortunately, Reed and Riddick exploded this week. And my opponent is the guy I traded with. Unless Jeffery throws down 40 pts tonight, I'm toast.