[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matthews fined

ImNotSoIgnorant

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/packers-clay-matthews-fined-for-breaking-arm-of-bears-brian-hoyer-225812153.html

Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews may have knocked Chicago Bears quarterback Brian Hoyer out of the teams’ Thursday night game on Oct. 20, impacting one of the Packers’ biggest rivals, but it also cost him.

Matthews has been fined $18,231 for the hit that broke Hoyer’s left arm, after the NFL determined Matthews led with the crown of his helmet on the play. He was not flagged for the hit during the game.

Did you see the hit? From the look of the picture Matthews punishment was almost nothing. He should have been fined A LOT more.

I didn't see the hit, but this sounds a bit dumb to me. I get the fines for helmet-to-helmet hits when they obviously led with the crown. These guys launching themselves into the head of another player certainly deserve a fine. But applying the same to a guy who put his helmet into the torso of another players?

I dunno, it's one of those things. It's not against the rules, but i'm sure Clay Mathews knew exactly what he was doing. The guy's been playing his whole life. He could have just as easily wrapped him up as Hoyer didn't see him coming. He led with the crown and drove it into his arm. Dirty, but it's Football