[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints Upset Hawks?

heehawks

I have one of those feelings itching at me about the Saints/Hawks game. I think the Saints win this one, fairly handily.

Here is why...

Hawks defense coming off an an absolutely exhausting battle with Ariz. I think they may be flat on Sunday. Bennett, a huge disruptor, will be out. Chancellor is out, again. Although they haven't given up many points, they have been giving up more big plays recently (see Atlanta game).

As for the offense, Wilson is hurting and his scrambling is what has made him special. He really can't escape like he has been known to do. Add to that, our left takle is out. The o-line has been having real trouble protecting Wilson and have been pretty bad in run blocking, as shown by our 3.3 average.

Although the Saints def hasn't been great, I just don't see the Hawks scoring enough to win. Brees and Co. will do well and likely win the game for them.

Stars are aligned for a Hawk loss on the road imho.

• Like 1

Great call

Thanks, I really had one of those gut feelings all week. Just seems like the stars were aligned just right with all the injuries and last weeks defensive struggle. Hawks did have a chance tho, which shows a lot about them, but they aren't going anywhere without getting healthy and real soon at that.

Seattle isn't advancing far if Wilson doesn't return to at least a shadow of his former self. His ability to move around isn't looking any better week to week, to the contrary. Playoffs may come but a porous O-line and a QB who can't escape a pass rush isn't a recipe for optimism.