[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yahoo public leagues : Anybody here who plays them seriously ?

medalofhonor

It may have accidentally happened with some of you before the season. (It certainly did with me) .You thought you were participating in a mock Yahoo draft and somehow ended up in a public league. Or you could have probably actively drafted in a Yahoo league.

With nothing at stake, how seriously do you take such public leagues ? I was not taking it seriously for the first 3 weeks, but I somehow now find myself in an extremely competitive 12 team league with random people, and with a 4-3 record.

Only 1 out of the 11 other players seems to be inactive and even he has a 2-5 line currently.

Curious to know if anybody here takes such leagues seriously. Or should I be doing something better with my life than invest time in this league ? Lol.

Edited by medalofhonor

I have to have something to occupy my mind and something to look forward to or I get super pissed off contemplating why I'm a slave to the dally grind. The routine of waking up, going to work to earn money so I can spend money on bills then going to sleep so I can do it all over again in the morning.

That being said, a month before season starts I began drafting. I ended up with 24 leagues trying different strategies and players. Of those leagues, there are some where people aren't playing, but the others are more competitive standings wise then my leagues with friends. In a couple public leagues I'm 5 and 2 and in 4th or 5th place.

So ya public leagues can and do suck, but others are really fun. Fantasy football is about having fun and escaping the boring part of life, not about how much money can you make.

Would you care if you were 0-7 in those leagues?

You askecd if you should be doing something better with your time, I would say yes. But then many think we could do something better than watching football all day long for 1-2 days each weekend for 4 months.