[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ezekiel Elliot Possible Suspension

awahl63

Maybe next year. Probably no suspension at all

+1. If he deserves it, then I'm all for it. However, not sure that there will be anything to come of this as all 5 charges were dropped and certainly anything that does come of it, won't be in time for this season I would think.

There has been since day 1. This is the NFL reacting to the Josh Brown situation.

And click bait

What reaction by the NFL, the linked story is just a bunch of "sources said Jerry tried to talk to so-and-so about this at some meeting." Has the NFL said he will or could be suspended? Have they even said they have an ongoing investigation? (Sorry I cannot keep up on all the drama in the league, would rather focus on games and FF.)

Yeah, he needs to stop that

Swear I saw a couple of the officials get on him about it, don't do it right in the opponents face etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Report: League still investigating Elliott

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/347511/report-league-still-investigating-elliott?ls=roto:DAL:topheadlines

USA Today reports the league is investigating an alleged Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence incident from February.

A woman who identified herself as Elliott's girlfriend alleged domestic violence while Elliott was training for the NFL draft in Florida. It's the same woman who made accusations against Elliott in Ohio in July. Elliott was cleared in that incident, and was not arrested in February. Per USA Today, the woman is cooperating with the league's investigation.
Source: USA Today
Nov 10 - 1:44 PM

My guess is that the NFL knows this is complete bs and nothing will come of it. They are further investigating for two reasons. First, for the appearance that they take domestic issues seriously. The NFL has egg on their face for not doing due diligence with the Ray Rice investigation. TV ratings are way down and the NFL's bad image is party to blame. Second, they want Elliot to know they take these things seriously. He might be innocent, but he was still associating with a crazy bitch. Nothing good can come from hanging out with crazy bitches. False accusation or not, players getting accused of a domestic makes the NFL look bad.

Report: League still investigating Elliott

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/347511/report-league-still-investigating-elliott?ls=roto:DAL:topheadlines

USA Today reports the league is investigating an alleged Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence incident from February.

A woman who identified herself as Elliott's girlfriend alleged domestic violence while Elliott was training for the NFL draft in Florida. It's the same woman who made accusations against Elliott in Ohio in July. Elliott was cleared in that incident, and was not arrested in February. Per USA Today, the woman is cooperating with the league's investigation.

Source: USA Today

Nov 10 - 1:44 PM

This isn't new news. They didn't find any evidence of wrong doing then either
  • Like 1

My guess is that the NFL knows this is complete bs and nothing will come of it. They are further investigating for two reasons. First, for the appearance that they take domestic issues seriously. The NFL has egg on their face for not doing due diligence with the Ray Rice investigation. TV ratings are way down and the NFL's bad image is party to blame. Second, they want Elliot to know they take these things seriously. He might be innocent, but he was still associating with a crazy bitch. Nothing good can come from hanging out with crazy bitches. False accusation or not, players getting accused of a domestic makes the NFL look bad.

Steve McNair unavailable for comment...

• Like 2