[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owner refusing to set lineup. Need advice

texasguy26

Got an currently ongoing issue.

We have a FAAB for waivers. Bids process Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays at 10 AM Central time.

Today, one of the owners didnt make any bids, and is now complaining that he cant make a pickup before the afternoon games to fill in because he only has one RB available to play today. So now he has benched 5 player, including Zeke and Matt Ryan, leaving 5 empty spots in his starting lineup. And hes refusing to fix it, giving his opponent an easy win in a game that he should win easily. He says FAAB is the stupidiest thing in fantasy football and shouldnt be in the league.

As the commissioner, what do I do here? We dont have official rules anymore, because people griped about those, but it's always been known that you play your guys, no matter what. We are all lifelong friends in this league, but I have decided that I will not be running this league next season.

Oh, and theres no money on the line this year, because people griped about that too.

Do I let it ride? Or set his lineup for him?

Can't force the issue if there is no rule to do so. If there's no money who cares? If there's not a trophy or some sort of tangible reward on the line it usually breeds complacence. Guy is clearly a dick and should be disinvited next year, friend or not.

BUT, you should allow waiver bids up until gametime for last-minute injuries and such. Silly to stop them at 10am on gameday.

• Like 1

Lock his team and either find a replacement owner or run the team yourself, setting the lineup on an unbiased basis, selecting the highest projected points per position each week...in my local, an owner is "fined" $5 each week he doesn't submit a full starting lineup, and if he refuses to pay, is not invited back next season, but that's an established rule in our by laws, so you couldn't invoke something like that mid-season without a league vote...

• Like 1