[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP TALK

Gourdeau

Bullmanure. It is a different team with Romo under center. I believe Romo plays scared now (afraid of the next hit) and the O-Line plays different believing they have to max protect Romo because he is fragile. Not to mention there is no run option with Romo.

So you bench Dak because you believe you need a veteran to carry you to the playoffs and your offense isn't the same and you don't make the playoffs. What good does it do you to re-insert Romo for an early exit from the playoffs?

I believe you are letting Romo's history influence your thinking.

No I think you are forgetting that Romo has the best 4th quarter stats in the League. I think you are forgetting all the times all was lost only to watch Romo do the impossible and get the W. I also think you have forgotten 2014. Romo wins yesterday pulling away. No doubt in my mind. At this stage of his career he's just so good at knowing where the holes are in opposing defenses. He is able to go deep, hit TW on the dig routes and knows how to open up a defense. I have yet to see Dak get the ball to an open receiver on the run for a long TD because of a play change and route adjustment on the fly.

Dak is really great at making his reads and delivering the ball but I feel he just doesn't have the experience needed when the games go to another level. He may, but I feel far more comfortable with Romo leading our offense come playoff time. I just do.

I wish we had the opportunity to see Romo play these last 7 games. The offense would be a juggernaut with 30+ a game. The bad pick days are over and buried deep in is past. He's smarter and has a wealth of experience that Dak is only beginning to learn.

I am not taking anything away from Dak as he is awesome and has an ability that Romo doesn't have anymore with his ability to run. However, Romo knows what's going on at all times and defenses have no chance to confuse him or disguise coverage. I think that is more important than being able to run when the pocket breaks down.

Truth is, I love both guys and the Cowboys are in the best possible position having two great QBs heading into the playoffs. I will be happy with either one but I feel more comfortable with Romo leading this offense THIS YEAR. Especially with our defense that will force us to score points against quality teams that can also score. Now if our Defense was Seattle's or Denver's I would say stick with Dak.

Next year if we could keep Romo somehow, I would love it. I would hate to see him in another uniform. He's a Cowboy and should always be a Cowboy. It's not right that he carries this team his entire career, leave parts of his body on NFL fields across this country and when we finally get a Line to protect him, a back that can run and defense that can play, he gets hurt and gets benched. He has earned the right to fight back and take his team to the promised land this year if he can. If he can't fine, it's Dak's time. But he deserves the chance to prove he can do it. AND if he does get in, we will see the best version of Romo we have ever seen.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Let me think about this one .................... :thinking:

Dude, your Raiders are looking really good on offense with Carr rocking the house. The guy is special and if they can find their defense of last year they could be very dangerous. Carr very well could win MVP if he keeps it up.

No I think you are forgetting that Romo has the best 4th quarter stats in the League. I think you are forgetting all the times all was lost only to watch Romo do the impossible and get the W. I also think you have forgotten 2014. Romo wins yesterday pulling away. No doubt in my mind. At this stage of his career he's just so good at knowing where the holes are in opposing defenses. He is able to go deep, hit TW on the dig routes and knows how to open up a defense. I have yet to see Dak get the ball to an open receiver on the run for a long TD because of a play change and route adjustment on the fly.

Dak is really great at making his reads and delivering the ball but I feel he just doesn't have the experience needed when the games go to another level. He may, but I feel far more comfortable with Romo leading our offense come playoff time. I just do.

I wish we had the opportunity to see Romo play these last 7 games. The offense would be a juggernaut with 30+ a game. The bad pick days are over and buried deep in is past. He's smarter and has a wealth of experience that Dak is only beginning to learn.

I am not taking anything away from Dak as he is awesome and has an ability that Romo doesn't have anymore with his ability to run. However, Romo knows what's going on at all times and defenses have no chance to confuse him or disguise coverage. I think that is more important than being able to run when the pocket breaks down.

Truth is, I love both guys and the Cowboys are in the best possible position having two great QBs heading into the playoffs. I will be happy with either one but I feel more comfortable with Romo leading this offense THIS YEAR. Especially with our defense that will force us to score points against quality teams that can also score. Now if our Defense was Seattle's or Denver's I would say stick with Dak.

Next year if we could keep Romo somehow, I would love it. I would hate to see him in another uniform. He's a Cowboy and should always be a Cowboy. It's not right that he carries this team his entire career, leave parts of his body on NFL fields across this country and when we finally get a Line to protect him, a back that can run and defense that can play, he gets hurt and gets benched. He has earned the right to fight back and take his team to the promised land this year if he can. If he can't fine, it's Dak's time. But he deserves the chance to prove he can do it. AND if he does get in, we will see the best version of Romo we have ever seen.

You are letting Romo's history color your perceptions. It is NOT the same offense with Romo. Quick question - how many games will the Cowboys have to lose with Romo at the helm before you consider it time to go to Dak? See, I think that is the difference between you and me ... you the Cowboys to lose with Romo under center to prove that the he is not the same and that the team plays differently with Romo versus Dak. I, on the other hand, believe we are ALREADY winning with Dak so there is ZERO incentive to bench the QB on a 6 game winning streak.

And if Dak leads us to the playoffs there is ZERO reason to bench him to make Romo prove he still has it.

Well hell. Let's just put Dak into the HoF already and include him with the likes of Brady, Peyton and the rest because after all he is 6-1 in his long and storied NFL career. (What's the winning percentage of the teams the Cowboys have beat this year? Gotta be at least .695.)

:pokey:

• Like 1

You are letting Romo's history color your perceptions. It is NOT the same offense with Romo. Quick question - how many games will the Cowboys have to lose with Romo at the helm before you consider it time to go to Dak? See, I think that is the difference between you and me ... you the Cowboys to lose with Romo under center to prove that the he is not the same and that the team plays differently with Romo versus Dak. I, on the other hand, believe we are ALREADY winning with Dak so there is ZERO incentive to bench the QB on a 6 game winning streak.

And if Dak leads us to the playoffs there is ZERO reason to bench him to make Romo prove he still has it.

The jury is still out on Dak. We'll see.

Im just happy at this pt thats there's a startable qb on the bench if the starter gets injured

Dude, your Raiders are looking really good on offense with Carr rocking the house. The guy is special and if they can find their defense of last year they could be very dangerous. Carr very well could win MVP if he keeps it up.

Thanks bro, Carr isn't a finished product by any means and he'll agree with that statement. Just the humbleness and work ethic he brings to the Team is what I love about him. Also Our O-line is doing a helluva job, he loves his Carr Insurance. There's plenty of Football left so we'll see. BTW Dak should be the man going forward, Romo needs time to heal right and not rush back, Maybe J.J. can flip him next year for some draft picks. Good luck too your Boys going forward gonna be a helluva ride for both Teams :tup:

Thanks bro, Carr isn't a finished product by any means and he'll agree with that statement. Just the humbleness and work ethic he brings to the Team is what I love about him. Also Our O-line is doing a helluva job, he loves his Carr Insurance. There's plenty of Football left so we'll see. BTW Dak should be the man going forward, Romo needs time to heal right and not rush back, Maybe J.J. can flip him next year for some draft picks. Good luck too your Boys going forward gonna be a helluva ride for both Teams :tup:

The key for me is can Dak add playbook to his game faster than DCs can take it away. Romo has a complete grasp of this offense and can pull plays that will beat defenses when the games take on another dimension. If Dak can expand his game to stay ahead of defenses that are catching up to him fine. I have just never seen a rookie be able to do that. Maybe he can but this year I know Romo has the tool belt to go out there and win NOW no matter how big the games get. Bottom line is Dak can still be surprised and you can't have that when your playing against Championship level teams and coaches. ie Bill the genius in New England. I can't see Dak out smarting New England, where Romo can go toe to toe with them.

Similarly, Carr has learned enough and experienced enough to stay ahead of defenses where in his first year he was less able to do so. Now he is far better equipped to adjust in game to what ever the defense is trying to do to him.

Good luck to you too. The NFL is better when the Raiders and Cowboys are contenders. :brew:

Edited by Cowboyz1

Question: Can Brady be in the running if he was suspended for cheating the same year he is in the running for MVP?

That was a good question brought up on ESPN I believe. That is a valid point. How can you be the MVP of the league if you were suspended for cheating in the same year. Whether you believe he did it or not, he was suspended. I don't believe there has ever been a league MVP that was suspended for anything. I think that does disqualify him this year.

Question: Can Brady be in the running if he was suspended for cheating the same year he is in the running for MVP?

That was a good question brought up on ESPN I believe. That is a valid point. How can you be the MVP of the league if you were suspended for cheating in the same year. Whether you believe he did it or not, he was suspended. I don't believe there has ever been a league MVP that was suspended for anything. I think that does disqualify him this year.

:rolleyes:

So (hypothetically) if Le'Veon had 2200 and 20+ total, your saying he should be disqualified too right?

:rolleyes:

So (hypothetically) if Le'Veon had 2200 and 20+ total, your saying he should be disqualified too right?

Depends what their record was with him and without him. (And of course that's a little off because Ben has been out since Bell came back.) It's MVP not Player of the Year, but most don't see it that way, even the sportswriters who vote.

Edited by Tripleshot

Depends what their record was with him and without him. (And of course that's a little off because Ben has been out since Bell came back.) It's MVP not Player of the Year, but most don't see it that way, even the sportswriters who vote.

:what:

It really is a yes or no question though. But Le'Veon with those stats and I'll through in the assumption that the Steelers are in the playoffs for benefit, should he be disqualified due to suspension?

Well hell. Let's just put Dak into the HoF already and include him with the likes of Brady, Peyton and the rest because after all he is 6-1 in his long and storied NFL career. (What's the winning percentage of the teams the Cowboys have beat this year? Gotta be at least .695.)

:pokey:

I'm not putting him in the HoF. He is winning now, why would you bench him for a QB who has proven to be fragile and has not started in an NFL regular season game in almost a year.

It just seems to be me that people have fallen in love with the pretty stats that Romo has accumulated ... in games that all occurred in a period of time that ended something like 11 months ago.

And this crap about Romo the veteran leading the way to playoff wins? Remind me again how many years Romo played and how many playoff wins he has?

Edited by Grits and Shins

I don't think there is a rule that says that a suspension disqualifies him. The team is night and day without and with him. He's already proven he's the Patriots' MVP. I think he should be considered in the running. The suspension is done and over with. He's not supposed to continue to be punished by it.

The offense is significantly better with Brady. The offense is able to do more things with him at the helm.

Do more yes but they ( the organization)can still win without him at the helm.. thats been proven this year and in 2008 when the pats won 11 games with Matt Cassle.. u take Carr away from Oakland and they may be 0-8.. Brady for player of the year ? Absolutely.. Belicheat for Coach of the year? Yup.. but Brady cannot be MVP in my opinion.

Edited by Gourdeau

So if the best player in the league happens to be on a team that would still be good without him, then he shouldn't be able to win MVP?

MVP is not about who is the best player in the league.. its about who is the most valuable player to any given team where that team lives or dies with or without that player. Now there are some caveats to that of course