[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My take on Dak vs. Romo

Cowboyz1

What a flip-flopper.

Nah. he is not flip flopping. He just realized late what everyone else saw. His love of Romo blinded him but those Romo colored glasses are off now.

I agree that it is Daks team and it should stay Daks team . That being said , what a kick in the nuts to Romo. Here is a guy that single handedly gave life to the Cowboys the last 10 years. We saw what happened last year without him. A lot of those mistakes and blunders came from the fact that he basically had to carry pretty bad football teams to respectability . Dak and Elliot have come in to the greatest situation 2 rookies can possibly ever come in to, especially Elliot. They are behind a line that absolutely mauls people . On that Final TD for the win, the hole was so big that Betty White could have ran through it. Certainly not taking anything away from Elliot. The guy is gifted. You dont go top 5 in the draft if you're a slouch. What you are seeing Dak do is what you saw Romo do 2 years ago when Murray was punishing people behind that line . Romo didn't have to win by himself anymore. He had a devastating running game and he never played better. That is what you would have had this year as well . I truly believe that. It was unfortunate for him that he got hurt and a rookie with poise that I have rarely seen in a rookie stepped in and has played lights out.

Romo has to know its Daks team. You just cant break this chemistry . I just feel bad for Tony because people act as if this is only happening because he got hurt. It isnt. He would have been doing this as well and hes a better passer. Things can change in the blink of an eye and with one hit . Its nice to have a guy like Romo ready if thats the case. Either way , the future is bright. This is a humble ( aside from that feed me nonsense and some of Dez antics) get down to business team and I am loving every minute of it .

• Like 3

Dak brought the team back with only 45 seconds left from his own 25-yard line down by one point. And looked unflappable doing it. There is no overvaluing what the rushing success has meant to the team and to Dak's success - agreed. I can't remember the last time Romo had a comeback like that though I am sure he has sometime in the past. I feel badly for Romo and for Dak - there is no way Dak can sustain this level of every week heroics.

Dak brought the team back with only 45 seconds left from his own 25-yard line down by one point. And looked unflappable doing it. There is no overvaluing what the rushing success has meant to the team and to Dak's success - agreed. I can't remember the last time Romo had a comeback like that though I am sure he has sometime in the past. I feel badly for Romo and for Dak - there is no way Dak can sustain this level of every week heroics.

The crazy part about it was I saw him talking to his OL on the sidelines right before they went out for that final drive and I was 100% confident that he'd lead them to the win.

Most magical comeback evah!

The hyperbole is strong with this one ;)

Great game, fantastic OL and two rookies playing very well. Dallas is legit, not sure who in the NFC can challenge them.

Not sure if Jerry or anybody in DAL will say its Dak's team going forward, but I think it is clear that is what will be happening. Once Romo is healthy (or at least active) and Dak is still starting it will be clear Tony is the backup, and a good option if something happens to Dak or he has a meltdown.

The only question might be does Romo see some late game mop-up duty when the option is there to shake off the rust.

Hahahhaaha. Hahahahahahaaaa. This dude really wants the choke artist back? Dak must not turn it over enough for him. The Cowboys finally, after putting up with Rome for over a decade, have a chance to do something and this guy wants Loser McLoser back in the lineup. Hawks are goin to blow them out in January anyways, but they would at least have a chance with Dak.

Hahahhaaha. Hahahahahahaaaa. This dude really wants the choke artist back? Dak must not turn it over enough for him. The Cowboys finally, after putting up with Rome for over a decade, have a chance to do something and this guy wants Loser McLoser back in the lineup. Hawks are goin to blow them out in January anyways, but they would at least have a chance with Dak.

Nice win Hawks. Feeling good today huh as well you should. Be happy with your win over the NFL God and his son. Always a good day to see the Pats lose. Well done.

Now that being said, don't go thinking the Pats are the Cowboys because we went out and got us LIBBY.

Lightning In a Bottle Baby.........

I agree that it is Daks team and it should stay Daks team . That being said , what a kick in the nuts to Romo. Here is a guy that single handedly gave life to the Cowboys the last 10 years. We saw what happened last year without him. A lot of those mistakes and blunders came from the fact that he basically had to carry pretty bad football teams to respectability . Dak and Elliot have come in to the greatest situation 2 rookies can possibly ever come in to, especially Elliot. They are behind a line that absolutely mauls people . On that Final TD for the win, the hole was so big that Betty White could have ran through it. Certainly not taking anything away from Elliot. The guy is gifted. You dont go top 5 in the draft if you're a slouch. What you are seeing Dak do is what you saw Romo do 2 years ago when Murray was punishing people behind that line . Romo didn't have to win by himself anymore. He had a devastating running game and he never played better. That is what you would have had this year as well . I truly believe that. It was unfortunate for him that he got hurt and a rookie with poise that I have rarely seen in a rookie stepped in and has played lights out.

Romo has to know its Daks team. You just cant break this chemistry . I just feel bad for Tony because people act as if this is only happening because he got hurt. It isnt. He would have been doing this as well and hes a better passer. Things can change in the blink of an eye and with one hit . Its nice to have a guy like Romo ready if thats the case. Either way , the future is bright. This is a humble ( aside from that feed me nonsense and some of Dez antics) get down to business team and I am loving every minute of it .

I disagree that Tony would be doing the same thing. I believe the team plays differently with Dak than they do with Romo.

• Like 1

I disagree that Tony would be doing the same thing. I believe the team plays differently with Dak than they do with Romo.

Come on Grits. Romo would be lighting this league up the same way Dak is doing now but with a few more big plays and perhaps more points on the boards. He simply got injured and may have lost his chance to lead this team to the promised land. Romo is a very very good QB and putting him in this offense the Cowboys would rain touchdowns like I said. The year he had a running game and a good but not great O line like now, he had 7 picks and 34 TD's if I recall. AND was a bad call away from the Championship game against a team they had already beaten.

Now that being said, Dak is running this team and playing extremely well as a rookie. He could not have been put in a better situation and he's taking full advantage of it. The kid is obviously special and so is the year the Cowboys are having with him under center. They should allow him to continue as he has earned it. I am told Romo is totally supportive of Dak and the decision to allow him to play out the season. To his (Romo's) credit he is spending an immense amount of time with Dak privately helping him game plan and reviewing tape. Dak is even better because he has a guy like Romo helping him along. Good for him and if anything should happen that forces Romo to take over for a play, quarter, game or rest of the season he will be ready and capable of taking this team where it needs to go. Privately, as competitive and heart broken Romo is, he is also getting some satisfaction helping to coach this kid into greatness which is something Romo is very good at (coaching) and will most likely pursue once his career is over.

Like I said, we went out and got us LIBBY. Lightning In a Bottle Baby and with Romo backing up we couldn't be in a better situation as an offense with two great QBs on the Roster.

Could not be happier then I am this season. 8-1 are you kidding me.GO Cowboys. :tup::bow::usa:

Edited by Cowboyz1

The year he had a running game and a good but not great O line like now, he had 7 picks and 34 TD's if I recall.

Two years ago Romo had 34 touchdowns and 9 picks. He also led the league with a 69.9 completion percentage, 8.5 yards per attempt, a quarterback rating of 113.2, and 5 game winning drives. However, the offensive line was great. They had the number one was ranked offensive line according to Pro Football Focus. I'm sure Romo would have similar stats this year assuming he didn't suddenly get old. Though I doubt he'd only have 2 interceptions.

Two years ago Romo had 34 touchdowns and 9 picks. He also led the league with a 69.9 completion percentage, 8.5 yards per attempt, a quarterback rating of 113.2, and 5 game winning drives. However, the offensive line was great. They had the number one was ranked offensive line according to Pro Football Focus. I'm sure Romo would have similar stats this year assuming he didn't suddenly get old. Though I doubt he'd only have 2 interceptions.

Yeah, I knew he had some awesome stats that year but off the top of my head I was off. Thanks for the correction. I don't doubt he would have only 2 interceptions. Not with the pressure taken off by the line and Zeke. I suspect Dunbar would have more stats, TW would have more stats, and Dez would have more TD's as well as Beas would be about the same as would Witten. Anyway, it's over now and all need be done is to sit back and watch the show.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Romo just had a PC and showed real class. That is why I love the guy. He put his heart out there and proved he has the kind of character you want in your starting QB. Something tells me we are going to need Romo at some point this year. When you show that kind of class and support for your team, life has a way of rewarding that kind of man. Thank you Romo for stepping up both on and off the field. :bow:

Edited by Cowboyz1

Romo just had a PC and showed real class. That is why I love the guy. He put his heart out there and proved he has the kind of character you want in your starting QB. Something tells me we are going to need Romo at some point this year. When you show that kind of class and support for your team, life has a way of rewarding that kind of man. Thank you Romo for stepping up both on and off the field. :bow:

What else was he supposed to do? Demand his job back?

If the Cowboys have to turn to Romo at all in the playoffs, they are toast. No way he comes in cold and leads this team. If he is going to make an impact on this team at all - aside from advising Dak - it will have to be prior to the playoffs so he can get the rust off.

What else was he supposed to do? Demand his job back?

If the Cowboys have to turn to Romo at all in the playoffs, they are toast. No way he comes in cold and leads this team. If he is going to make an impact on this team at all - aside from advising Dak - it will have to be prior to the playoffs so he can get the rust off.

Agree, he will need some time in the offense but I have a feeling the football gods have something in store for Romo. He's paid his dues and I believe he will get his moment at some point in the future.